Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#145621 10/24/04 08:18 PM
Columnist
Columnist
There was more than that one date. There were lunches and the episode where they are taken hostage at the Planet they were on their way to see Madame Butterfly I believe. It is also mentioned between Clark and Lois that she is seeing Lex.

I've wrote earlier what I felt about most of this so I won't rehash it. However I will say that I believe the reason Lois excepted the proposal was the rejection by Superman. Whether or not she was truly in love with Superman she had convinced herself that she was. That can make the pain of rejection a lot worse that if her feelings had been geniune. I'm not saying she didn't love Superman, I'm just saying that we can build things up in our own minds to be a lot more than what they really are. So when Superman rejected her and in the fashion that he did that she turned to Lex to boost her ego etc. The way it look in the episode was that she had gone to see him that same night. So she jumped in as a knee jerk reaction to the rejection. From then on in the story you see her having second thoughts. This is evident in the discussion on the house Lex is building, her meeting Mrs. Cox, even in some of her dealings with Clark. But Lois doesn't admit she's wrong. In this case she almost waited to long.

#145622 10/25/04 04:34 AM
G
gerry Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
G
I watched Fly Hard last night, and I watched Lex carefully. He was 'quite' (see UK vs US thread) enchanted with Lois, not his usual psychoself unless he was talking about how to deal with the bad guys.

He really seemed to care about her, watching her closely, seeing where she was going, how she was feeling. I almost believed him when he said that you couldn't buy eyes or a smile or whatever. He was enamoured with her.

But at the same time I wondered if Lex was jealous that she had her hopes on Superman saving them. She said that Superman would help if he could. Lex wanted to save them and get the credit, much in the same way that he did when Mencken 'kidnapped' Lois. Here, however, he wasn't calling the shots.

I'm still a believer that Lex was mainly interested in Lois because he was playing one-up-manship with Superman.

Lois, on the other hand, without a Clark/Superman, would very likely not have accepted Lex's proposal because she would not have had a) Superman's rejection to rebound from, and b) Clark's insistance that Lex was not all that he seemed which made Lois hackles go up. She felt that Clark was jealous, and so gave no credence to his warnings. She had to show Clark that she was right about Lex and he was wrong. That is part of her character: she is always right.

gerry

(Metwin1 welcome to Toronto. Hope you enjoy studying here.)

#145623 10/25/04 07:51 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Will somebody please remind me how the pheromone worked again? ... I don't think he was sprayed with the 100% concentration. As I remember, Miranda sprayed Luthor with the pheromone at close range, so she couldn't have used a 100% formula.
Miranda tells Lex how they should spray the whole of Metropolis with the 100% solution because the effect is the same as the dilute stuff, but permanent. Immediately afterwards, she sneaks a spritzer out of her pocket and sprays him, then herself.

I can't see what she would hope to gain by spraying him with the dilute stuff at that point, so my interpretation is that Lex gets a permanent dose of sexual-inhibition-remover. And as we all know, he subsequently waxes lyrical over Lois at dinner.

So however he might have felt about Lois beforehand, from that point on it's fair to assume he has a single-minded love/obsession for Lois. That would explain his behaviour in Fly Hard.

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
#145624 10/25/04 11:25 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
First off...

And the final scene, when he was burning money, I felt that he was totally rational.
huh

Sara (who's wondering just what other things in the series were interpreted so differently)

edit: I started a thread on this topic. Not fanfic related, so it's in a different folder. wink

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard