Next Thread
Print Thread
#145196 09/29/04 11:31 AM
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
Was Lois born in 1967 or am I mistaken? Also, if she was born in 1967, then would she have graduated from high school in 1984, 1985, or 1986? Depending on when she was born in 1967, if she started school early when she was 4.5 or on time at 5 or late at 6 it could have bee any one of these.

Also, what year did the show start? Was it 1993? And they were married in 1986? I think so because it went off at the end of my junior year of high school, which was 1997, but I might have my dates mixed up again.

Plus, one final question -- what year would Sam Lane have left his family?

Thanks for your help!

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ah, questions that I can answer quickly...

Yes, the show started in 1993, and they were married in 1996.

On Lois' gravestone in "Tempus Anyone?", it did list her birth year as 1967. A birth month was never specified, but in one episode - "Contact", I think, it was said that she was a Libra. That would make her born between Sept.24 - Oct.23. Depending on the cut-off dates for the state would depend on what age she was when she started school. Many states cut off at Sept.30, but some are later, like California (Dec.2).

So since we never heard any official cut-off dates for New Troy smile , you'd be safe to make up your own, and then arbitrarily decide whether Lois was on the older or younger side when she started kindergarten.

EDIT to add: in "Seasons' Greedings", I *think* that Lois said she was 12 for that first Christmas after her parents split up.

Kathy smile

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
Thanks, Kathy! You really helped.

Ohio's starting date when I was starting school (in '85) was Sept. 30th and my birthday is Dec. 2, so I started school "early" and had to take a bunch of tests to get into school. I think I am going to say Lois was on the young side because my story works better if it takes place before they were engaged.

- Laura smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Merriwether
Merriwether
"It's a Small World After All" aired in April 1996. Assuming that it was Lois's 10th year high school reunion (and not 12th year like my husband's high school is having this year), she graduated in 1996.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Assuming that it was Lois's 10th year high school reunion (and not 12th year like my husband's high school is having this year), she graduated in 1996.
You mean 1986, right?

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
If I am trying to rewrite It's a Small World After All because there were so many inconsistencies, am I allowed to change the year she graduated or is that completely wrong?

- Laura

Merriwether
Merriwether
You mean 1986, right?
I'm so confused. It's too early. Yes, I meant 86.

Laura, if you change the year she graduated, then she wouldn't have the same classmates. But you could just fudge with time. For instance... the episode was probably filmed in 95. In which case, she would have graduated in 85. Or they had it a few months early, and the graduating school year being 86-87.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Features Writer
Features Writer
Karen wrote about IASWAA:
For instance... the episode was probably filmed in 95.
No, they don't film that many weeks in advance. The production draft script that I got off of some website or another says February 20, 1996.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Laura, I would say go ahead and change the year she graduated if you want. Why not? Just explain it in an author's note at the beginning that you know what you're doing & people should just go with it.

Lois's age on the series never made sense when all the pieces of the puzzle were put together (and neither did Jimmy's, but that's for another time.)

In the long (ie UK) Pilot, Lois says she's 26. In SuperMann we learn that Neverending Battle (and therefore The Pilot) took place in May (ie the newspaper headline; then the three nazis emerging to see Superman save the little girl from NB). Which means she's supposedly 26 in May 1993. So if she was born in 1967 (as Tempus Anyone? tells us), she could not ALSO be a Libra (as she says in Contact) because that means she would have turned 27 in September/October... which she couldn't do if she was born in 1967 and this was still 1993.

Sooo my point is, do what you want, ok? smile

Molly

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard