Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Does anyone know what was etched on the Kerth stattuettes that Lois won? Specifially, what she won the Kerth(s) for?

Thanks for any ideas.

smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lynn, I have that info - I'll email it to you.

Or...can just post it here. <G>

1991: The Gulf War - On the Front Lines
1992: Inside Bush's Campaign Headquarters
1993: Sexual Harassment in the Military

This comes from a fan report I found online many, many years ago. Two girls who had done the tour of the set and were able to take a close look at the Kerth award props in situ on the set of Lois's apartment. This is what they said were etched on them.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, as well as being a reporter on the city (Metropolis) beat, Lois is also an international war correspondent (on the front lines of the Gulf War), a political reporter (Bush's campaign headquarters - which Bush, btw? I didn't know they had one in L&C! goofy ) and a defence correspondent (the military)? I knew the Planet always looked as if it couldn't afford many reporters, but this is crazy! :rolleyes:

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Wow, that's really interesting. I wonder why tptb chose those things to etch into the statues.

Of course, it makes absolutely no sense in real life - as Wendy aptly pointed out, the Planet never seemed to have many reporters, but that's ridiculous. You might be better off seeing if anyone can remember any dialogue about stories she won awards for. Barring that, I'd make up local stories - stories about corruption in the local government or breaking news like coverage of an explosion or natural disaster in Metropolis. Though aren't Kerths supposed to specifically be about investigative reporting? If so, rather than breaking news, the article could be about uncovering the cause of an explosion or something of that nature. I just can't imagine any possible way Lois could have covered war or national poltics. The sexual harrassment story could still work though - especially if the original lead came from someone who was stationed at a base near Metropolis. She might have looked into it thinking it was an isolated incident at that base, and then discovered that the problem was much larger. That would be a great story. (If I'm remembering correctly, there was a base nearby because that's where her ex-roommate Molly's "dead" boyfriend was.)

Anyway, that's just my humble opinion. If you like the idea of Lois covering politics and war, then by all means use the stories on the statues. LnC was never particularly accurate when it came to the world of journalism, so this wouldn't be much more of stretch than some of the things they actually did on the show. <G>

Good luck,
Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've been thinking about this since I read Wendy's post and I've come to the conclusion it's not as whacky as it first appears.

Annie, you point out a plausible scenerio for the Sexual Harrassment case, which I was going to. <G> It could easily have been a case of a victim of the harrassment, a female officer, turning up at the Planet to see Lois Lane and tell her story. There would be good reason for her to seek out Lois - a feisty, no-holds-barred, crusading female reporter who is obviously respected and trusted by the readers of the Planet. From there the story would unfold as Lois dug into it.

On the show, Lois and Clark were often shown as being close to the White House and the President. So perhaps it's not outwith the bounds of possibility that Bush specifically asked for Lois to write up the story of his campaign.

The Gulf War...you got me there. <g> But then Lois was in the Congo at one point hunting down gun-runners (or at least supposed to have gone there) and that's also about as far from the City Beat as you can get.

So maybe they're not that out of sync with the show at that. huh

LabRat (who was always more curious as to how they got all that text etched on those little bitty Kerths... )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard