Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#144902 08/21/04 04:58 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'd like to go on a chat channel and talk to some folc's. Where and when should I go?

thanks,
Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
#144903 08/21/04 06:40 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hey Nancy! wave

If you go here , You can find the link to get the password for IRC channel #loisclark, where a lot of folcs from the boards hang out.

Hope to see you there! laugh

Sara

EDIT: Oh...and as for the time? Hard to tell...just have to pop in and figure it out I guess. Unless someone around your neck of the woods...or time zone could tell you when the peak times are. laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#144904 08/21/04 06:58 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
For some more information, you can look here . A lot of information about the channel and mIRC is there.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#144905 08/22/04 12:28 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
About the hour, Nancy... if I calculated it correctly, the most popular time for the FoLCs who hang out in #loisclark is at about 1 p.m. your time.

See ya!
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#144906 08/22/04 12:31 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
From roughly 8pm onwards, UK time, you should find someone in there to chat with, Nancy. There used to be a small group who hung out fairly regularly between four and six pm, but I haven't had the chance to visit at that time for a while, so they might not be around any more.

No idea how that translates to Canadian time though.

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#144907 08/22/04 12:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Speaking as someone in the Eastern time zone of North America... smile Afternoons are generally the busiest times, because that's when we can get both Europeans (evenings for them) and Americans/Canadians who either haven't got 9-5 jobs, or who IRC from work (hi, Roger! goofy ). We've been thinking of working to encourage a later evening chat, too, but haven't actually done anything about it yet. If we do, we'll probably announce it on the boards somewhere. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#144908 08/25/04 05:57 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I've actually noticed more and more people staying on after 8pm. So there's usually a few people around until about 9-10pm EST. There's usually a few people on in the early EST afternoon, also.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#144909 08/25/04 06:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm reminded of a line from a movie I actually hate... "If you build it, they will come." goofy

If you hang around, and one or two other people look in, they'll stay... and they'll come again next time... and they'll mention to others that there might be people around... I've been in myself in the evenings US time and am now starting to find several people around after the Europeans are deep in slumber. Long may it continue! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#144910 08/25/04 06:20 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I just found the channel myself! It's *great* entertainment (read: OMG you all are NUTS, I love it!). What a welcoming bunch of folks everyone is, and of course it's great meeting the personalities behind the posted stories smile

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard