Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Wendy and I were in IRC today, and I mentioned how guilty I felt not having sent feedback to authors for some of the tremendously wonderful stories I've read. I told her that I was going through my selfish "I want to spend *all* my free time *reading* not writing fdk" phase. goofy Well, she suggested this thread. Now, there are *many* authors out there that I "owe" and it may take me a while and more than a few posts to get to everyone, but I thought I might as well start now. laugh

I know there are others of you out there like me (don't deny it, you know you're guilty too!), so feel free to jump in and post your feedback too! The authors will love it!

Wendy Richards : You just really don't want to know how many I owe you wink , but here are a few...

Faux Pas: Oh, the angst! The tension! The hurt! The *faux pax*. The make up. The revelation. The 'I love you's. The part after the 'I love you's. wink Everything really.
goofy

Sara (who's sure now that she's started this thread, she's going to end up with an even *longer* list of stories to read dizzy )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is a very good idea! I often forget to send feedback - days come, days go, and I only remember it when my computer is out of reach.

Let's see, what do I owe?

StopQuitDont: Chip Off The Old Clark
Well, SQD, you wrote an excellent story based on a very difficult to handle situation. The emotions were great! thumbsup I especially liked Lois, she was so... Lois. And she loved Robin! rotflol Perfect!

Also, to Annie M. and Kathy B. for "Tea Totaled", Irene Dutch for "In Cat's Corner" and to Caryn Dunsmore for her "Getting to know" series, I don't know if you ever received the fdk emails I sent you, but I just want to let you know that I love your stories!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (who probably owes more, but... can't remember to whom)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Okay, I'm back!

Sheila Harper :

A Shot In the Dark: I think I remember giving you fdk on this way back when I first read it...but it continues to be one of my favorites that I read again and again. thumbsup

In the Beginning: A new favorite! I really loved the characterization of Lois and Clark. Wonderful! Exciting! Waffy! thumbsup

Wanda Detroit :

Catch of a Lifetime: Really, really loved this one Wanda! Good characterization within such a sweet waffy story! thumbsup

Sara (who *will* be back with more)

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Wow, Sara, what a great idea for a thread! I'm surprised it hasn't been more popular, because I for one have a million people I owe feedback... I'll be back as soon as I'm more organized <g>

Great idea!
Kaylle

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I currently owe a lot of people feedback but haven't done so... but it's not my fault!

I asked the gentle writers not to post new parts of their stories while I was gone for 4 days last weekend. So what did they do? They posted multiple parts!

I'm still way far behind in catching up. I finish a part, but a new part goes up before I can take another breath. And now I'm going to be out of touch for another couple of days while I attend the Corrs concert down in Chicago.

Tank (who supposes it won't do him any good to ask the gentle writers to back off for a couple days... he thought not)

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Okay...back for more...this time I'm going for some of the oldies but goodies (basically because I know them by heart from so many readings and that way I won't spend way more time online than I'm supposed to smile1 ).

Oh...and I have Wendy to thank for the idea...though, now I'm wondering how much I should thank her...I'm spending *A LOT* more time reading than I should . wink

Jeff Brogden:

Unknown Emotions : This story gets me everytime, Jeff. smile1

Lost and Found : Okay, this doesn't exactly fit into the category I listed above, but since I'm on a roll here with Jeff...Read this story a while back and I absolutely loved it! thumbsup One of these days when I re-read it, you'll get some more detailed feedback. laugh

Kathy Brown :

Camping with Clark : I want to say that this was one of the first fanfics I ever read, if not, it was close. Since that first reading...I've read it hundreds of times. If I ever need a quick pick me up and a chuckle...this is what I read! thumbsup

Susan Stone :

Aliens and Strangers : Don't know if you're still around, Susan, but this one qualifies as an all-time favorite for me. thumbsup It's quite possibly the *best* next generations story I've ever read. Just loved it all around. clap

Alright...I think I'm done for the night. :rolleyes:

Sara (who hopes Tank enjoyed his concert!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
First, I want to apologize for how disgustingly gushy this is going to be. I mean it. I tried to rein in it. Failed horribly. Here's why. (And, btw, Sara, great idea!) I read avidly on the archive for many, many months before I even realized these mbs existed. It wasn't until someone nice sent me a link (Pam? I want to say Pam. Hey, feedback for Pam on the link: Thank you!) that I wandered over here and started reading WIPs.

And in all that time I was reading, it just never dawned on me that the writers behind the fics might care an iota what I thought. That they might even appreciate hearing from me. So, this is my preamble for the long ramble that follows. I owe so many of you for hours of great reading.

Here goes. (If you don't like gushy, please avert your eyes, I'll tell you when it's safe.)

Sheila Harper: Faster Than a Speeding Bullet

Love the "Clark, you've been gone for three years," as said by the long-haired Lois when he taps on her window. The emotion, the plot, the heartache. And the writing so smooth.

Tank: A Dark Revelation and Love Disabled

I think I've harped on how the Futures Series is one of my all time favorites (best, most satisfying, never saw it coming, ending ever). But these two are favorites of mine as well. Same reason: really rich emotional stuff handled just right. Completely absorbing. And I always love your Loises.

Paul: The Cape of Good Hope

Short, but packs such a great punch. And a really unique premise. Made my heart ache.

MLT: Every. word. you've. written.

I found your catalog early on and worked my way through every bit of it. Never sent you one word of feedback! I think, if pressed, I'd say Yellow Fever was my favorite. Then again, The People Vs Clark Kent would be right up there.

Kaethel: Near Wild Heaven

You created this whole other world for our two heroes, a completely different life for Clark in Paris. And I just believed every angsty word of it!

Meredith Knight: Night Errant

Sob. Clark's speech "And then one night I woke up next to my love..." Sob.

Demi: Heaven’s Prisoners

Absolutely horrifying first scene. So great. Superman yards away from his parents and unable to save them. And the very believable fall-out from that. Oh man. So good. Breaks your heart.

AliciaU: DuckyMan

For when I needed a break from the dark side! You have a way with hilarious introspection. I'm a big fan of your use of "stupid!", and this particular fic is just silly. Silly being a favorite of mine, when I'm not torturing myself with angst.

Irene Dutch: Firestorm

Whole, complex great premise that just made me believe that Jimmy could love a woman who wouldn't be born for many years yet! And, too, one of my favorite Dr Kleins ever.

Nan: Unforeseen Circumstances

My favorite of this series for two reasons. One, the way Superman gives himself away to Henderson when he is insisting that he come with him to find Clark Kent's children. That Henderson looks at his face and knows. And, two, Henderson's confession that his kids are half-Kryptonian. That Bureau 39 has been trying to track down children of the NK invasion. Brilliant!

Gushing concluded. And you know, I'm not even ashamed. Just felt really good to get that off my chest.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Well...In celebration of a certain rat's return from an exotic island in the middle of nowhere with who knows how many cabana boys...

Labrat :

Masques: You know...I did start reading this with a make-shift time card next to me...just to see how long it would *really* take me. I gave up on it...or got too caught up in the story, can't remember which. But besides the *days* of my life that are now missing wink ...I *do* remember being drawn into a riveting, depressing, and often frightening world. Really pulled in. I *was* in that fortress with Lois. I *was* in Hawaii with Clark (<---Ooh! Don't I wish! smile1

There are others of course, Lab, but these are the ones I remember most or have read more than once. And, no, I did *not* read Masques twice. Whaddya think I'm crazy? goofy Anyway, I'm glad to hear that your muse is finally home! I'm honestly a huge fan of yours. blush Your writing evokes so much emotion and that's what gets me everytime.

Sara (who is still curious how many reams of paper it would take to print out Masques...though, I not *that* curious)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Sara, how incredibly flattered I am that my little fic made your list!! That totally made my day. Thank you.

Erin Klingler: When You Needed Me Most
I just recently told Erin that this was my favorite. I adore angst (I could eat angst for breakfast!), and this is done so perfectly without being overdone. The emotions--they're real. The characterization is amazing. The plot--! I could go on and on! smile1

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Back again...

Erin Klingler: (<--look, I finally spelled it right! laugh )

The Accidental Husband: I absolutely loved this story, loved the premise! Loved Clark's anguish, Lois' incredulity. The counselor's appointment was priceless, waffy! Lois's realization! *sigh* The revelation! Clark and Ellen! The ending! Everything really! thumbsup

I felt a little overwhelmed when I looked back at your section on the archive...so many stories, so little time...and they're gonna have to wait thumbsup

Sara (who also needs to head to the book store cause she remembers some little bird telling her a while back that there was this book by this woman... wink )

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by skfolc:
The Accidental Husband: This story has made two of my lists: All Time Favorites and Must Read Again.

When You Needed Me Most: Now this story I have read several times...have it printed out for easy access! So heart-wrenching, so...just wonderful, really! So many facets to this story: Dr. Klein, Jimmy...everything!
WOW, Sara! I am so flattered! blush How wonderful to wake up this morning and see such glowing words of feedback! It feels like Christmas. thumbsup

Sara (who also needs to head to the book store cause she remembers some little bird telling her a while back that there was this book by this woman... wink )
Wow! Now you've really made my day. laugh If you do decide you want a copy, email me and I'd be completely flattered to send you a signed copy. I only hope it would live up to your expectations! blush

And Wanda:

Originally posted by Wanda Detroit:
When You Needed Me Most
I just recently told Erin that this was my favorite. I adore angst (I could eat angst for breakfast!), and this is done so perfectly without being overdone. The emotions--they're real. The characterization is amazing. The plot--! I could go on and on!
THANK YOU!!! blush How wonderful to hear that my first fanfic ever is still read and appreciated by both of you, Sara and Wanda. This kind of feedback always makes the time and work spent on a story worthwhile. smile

Now that I'm completely motivated, I'm going to go write! Thanks, guys! I love you!!! thumbsup

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just found this thread, so I wanted to thank Sara and CC for their kind words about my stories. Sara, I remember getting feedback from you on "A Shot in the Dark," so it was nice to hear what you thought of "In the Beginning," too.

CC, I'm glad you like "Faster than a Speeding Bullet," especially because I loved "When the World Finds Out," even though I neglected to give you feedback when I found it on the nfic archive. I've read it probably four or five times and enjoy it as much every time. There are too many good lines to mention, but the "council of war" with the kids always makes me laugh. "Has the sexathon shut down?" LOL!

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, how did I miss this one? Thanks to Sheila for bumping it up and onto my radar. smile1

Sara (who is still curious how many reams of paper it would take to print out Masques...though, I not *that* curious)
LOL, no don't try that one at home. laugh I still have a lingering guilt trip over how many small rainforests were decimated by people printing out Caped Fear. Especially as they had to do it twice because I stopped halfway through and reworked the first half again. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard