Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#144196 05/28/04 11:46 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Reminds me of a theory I read somewhere about why colic generally doesn't kick in until the baby is about 3 weeks old.

Babies who started howling like that at birth or shortly thereafter got put on mountain-tops. But by the time they hit three weeks, you've bonded, and they're safe. goofy

Count me in the "probably mostly hormonal" camp on theories regarding the why of pregnancy nausea and such. (Although no one has definitively proven any of the currently popular theories.) The only pregnancy I didn't have severe "morning" sickness with before the sixth week was over was the one I miscarried a couple weeks later.

I quickly learned that there is no room in your home or office that couldn't benefit from a bottle or small roll of Tums! I was popping those suckers like they were TicTacs <g>.
Absolutely. And after the millionth or so, they don't taste quite as much like blackboard chalk, either. wink

It's funny how many people tell me that once you have two, three and four is no big deal.
I have three. They LIE. Two hands, three kids. You do the math. :p

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#144197 05/28/04 12:30 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Two hands, three kids. You do the math.
No joke, rivka. Same for the lap: two legs, three kids. My oldest was heartbroken when he had to jump off my lap the month before his third birthday to make room for his little brother. And I agree with everyone else--morning sickness (all-day-long-sickness with my first one) is different not only for each woman but for each pregnancy as well.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#144198 06/03/04 01:46 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I also have to disagree with the theory that after two, three is no big deal. With two, I had it all together. Held down a job, kept my house clean (not spotless but decently clean) had meals on time -- then #3 came along. Wow. Total chaos. My schedule was shot. I worked on weekends while hubby took care of the kids and washed the mountain of dishes that collected while I was working when I got home (hubby claimed he couldn't do that and keep track of the ankle-biters at the same time. I pointed out that I did it all week while he was at work, but he claimed it wasn't the same). Meals were eaten when I got around to it, there was always a backlog of laundry ... you get the picture. Explain to me why I went through 3 more pregnancies that produced 4 more kids. I did, and I can only claim complete insanity. Now I'm down to the twins who will be 17 in August and I wonder how I lived through it. They claim children are the grandparents' revenge. I'm watching my older kids have kids of their own now and snickering to myself ...

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#144199 06/04/04 02:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Nan:
Explain to me why I went through 3 more pregnancies that produced 4 more kids....
Nan
So, if I do the math right, you had 7 children total! jawdrop

I am impressed and happy for you! Elisabeth and I are planning on having as many as we can have which looks to be about 5 or 6, but then again, twins can always change that.

James, proud father of two and wanting more, with Elisabeth's permission wink

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#144200 06/04/04 06:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(TJ escapes from the men in white lab coats to address James)

James, can I talk to your wife a second?

*for James's wifes eyes only*

see below

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Okay? All good.

(men in white coats drag TJ kicking and screaming back to padded room "it's LEELA's doing, I swear!!!!")

TEEEEEJ

#144201 06/04/04 06:44 AM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Who's TJ? I had NOTHING to do with anything related to anyone named TJGRUFFS. HONESTLY! Really!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard