Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#144134 05/21/04 05:23 PM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I feel akward asking this, but I shall anyways.

I have not read a word of this fic - Long Strange Trip. I really want to print a huge chunk of it off and read it while laying on the soft sand at Grand Beach, here in Manitoba. I'm determined to do something "grown up" as my Mum puts it - opposed to a 27 yr old playing in the sand for 6 hrs (I'm blushing...no I don't care...I shall roar--> I am QUEEN OF THE SANDCASTLES!!). Ah yes, a relaxing past time reading is. I have not found interesting stuff to read since my text book days, which ended three years ago. (That is except fanfic!!!!)

But before I dedicate stacks of ppr to the task of accepting ink from a new, gumpy printer, I would like to ask what is this story about?

I don't want to know any result of a climax or intimiate details of possible lows and highs, I would like to know the general atmosphere that develops in the beginning. Kind of like a commercial!

I do feel bad being a temp. burden to someone who would ever be so kind to send me a quick e-mail (thumbelina_ilu@hotmail.com )message just giving me a torch so I may look briefly into the land that this fab fic has created.

You may ask why don't I just read a bit now? I'm only a year old addict. I have so much to consume. I spend too much time at work and studying and taking care of a dog and 5 (soon to be 6) furry little rodents (and no I didn't include my husband in there or my little brother). Yes, I know others juggle more. I soon shall learn how....hopefully. You do learn....right??? <quiet hehe> I better....

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#144135 05/22/04 03:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In very general terms, it's about the alt-Universe from the show, beginning when altClark has pretty much given up on finding his Lois. HGWells then arrives with Lois -- but the reason she's been missing is that Tempus had kidnapped her into yet another alternate universe, where Kryptonians had invaded the earth, led by the evil Lord Kal. Kal kept Lois as his slave for about three years, before Wells found her and got her out. She's pretty severely traumatized -- Clark loves her on sight, pretty much, but she fears and loathes him.

Of course, Leela lays that out so much better than I just have... There are no graphic details, just oblique hints and references. The story is about Lois's recovery, and it's *amazing.*

When I first started reading, I didn't think there was any possible way for this Lois to ever even *tolerate* Clark, let alone love him, but... well, it is a long, strange trip, and the story's not over yet, but she's made a lot of progress.

The TOC is here: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000135 and I have a complete Word .doc file of the story so far -- 1057k -- that I'd be happy to send to anyone who wants to catch up in one lump. smile

PJ
Leela's #1 Fan

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#144136 05/22/04 03:56 AM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

I would love the word doc!

Again, thankyouthankyouthankyou!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#144137 05/22/04 04:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You're welcome smile I'm a huge fan of this story, in case you couldn't guess <g> I sent the file smile

If anyone else out there wants a copy, I'll be happy to send it out -- I have the author's permission, of course.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#144138 05/22/04 07:36 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Pam -

Can you send it this way? I've heard so much about this story but I've resisted reading it on the boards because I didn't want to trawl through a billion sections - was waiting until it hit the archive.

However, if you're willing to send it along, I can get started on it and catch up, then keep up with new parts.

Thanks!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#144139 05/22/04 07:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sure, Lynn, it's sent -- and that's exactly why I started keeping the file in the first place -- if I wanted to go back and re-read, going through the TOC was a PITA wink So I figured as long as I was keeping it, I might as well share. smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#144140 05/25/04 05:12 AM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Just saying, Thanks Pam for doing all this. Pam summed up the plot pretty well.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#144141 05/25/04 10:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, Pam, send it my way, again, I think.

I just lost my whinging mother whinging ...board and I am waiting for it to be fixed.

Thanks

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#144142 05/25/04 10:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You're welcome, Leela smile Thanks for giving me a story worth bothering over <g>

James, the file's on its way.

PJ smile

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard