Print Thread
#144067 05/08/04 03:47 PM
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Do we know much about this character in canon, other than he likes food? Does he have a regular job or did he at one time? The general impression I got is that he's either homeless or working poor, but I don't recall if they ever went into detail on what happened.

Does he have a last name?

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#144068 05/08/04 05:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well he did work for a restaurant / deli as shown in the Phoenix. But he probably would be eating meals at some sort of community centre to gather information. After all he was a pofessional snitch wink

(Just my observations and thoughts) wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#144069 05/13/04 03:21 PM
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Which other episodes was Bobby B. in?

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#144070 05/13/04 05:32 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That Old Gang of Mine, The Phoenix, Whine Whine Whine, and We Have A Lot To Talk About. The question is, what happened to him then? And what happened to Star for that matter? And Jack, and Cat? Ah life's great mysteries.

Ems:)

Molly
#144071 05/13/04 07:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The question is, what happened to him then?
He discovered that the hyper metabolism which allowed him to consume all that food and still remain thin was not, in fact, an isolated quirk. It was the byproduct of a chemical explosion which had also given him the ability to move at nearly the speed of light. When he realized he had super powers, he changed his name to Barry Allen and moved across the country to Central City.

And what happened to Star for that matter?
This one I know from my high school algebra teacher, Mrs. Gooen. It's been a while since I heard the story, but I'll try to sum it up as best I can.

Star was discovered by a powerful benefactor. He asked her if she was happy. She realized that she wasn't. So, he became her patron. He set her up with her own psychic hotline. She started earning lots of money. He asked her if she was happy. She still wasn't. Money had never been what she was after.

He helped build up that buisiness until she was world-famous. Everyone knew her, everyone came to her for advice. Again, her patron asked if she was happy. Again, she was forced to admit that no, she wasn't. Fame and fortune were nice, but not what she truly wanted.

So, her patron took things a step further. He rented out a giant stadium and filled it with political and religious leaders. She used her powers to contact influential figures from each of their respective histories. The spirts encouraged everyone to set aside their disputes, to respect each other, to honor the differences between them rather than fighting over them. The leaders were so moved by these pleas that great strides were made towards world peace.

Again, Star was asked if she was happy. "Yes!" she said. "I've made a real difference. I've helped make the world a better place. I couldn't possibly be happier!"

At these words, her patron immediately hit her.

"What was that for?" she asked, shocked.

"My mother always told me to strike a happy medium," he explained.

And Jack, and Cat?
Well, Cat's story has been explored in more than one fic, so I'll leave that one alone. As for Jack, let me see... Living in a box? ... Nah. That joke's definitely not worth it. Started on a massive hunt for Rowan Atkinson? Nah, Mere already did a better beanstalk...

Sorry. I think I'm going to have to stick with the story that Jack was uncomfortable working at the Planet after everything that had happened. Was never really suited to the work, anyway. So, he got a job as a consultant for an alarm company, pointing out weaknesses and helping them design better systems. Boring, but what can you do?

Paul, whose solid info on Bobby has already been covered by more knowledgeable FoLCs, but who just couldn't resist the temptation of adding some speculation.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#144072 05/14/04 12:32 AM
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
LOL! Thanks.

#144073 05/15/04 06:05 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, Paul, that made me laugh. wink thanks.

Molly

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard