Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#144002 04/18/04 08:41 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
When I read the Kerth log recently, there was a story mentioned, that I would like to read. It is "Henry Higgins' Head" by Shadowfax. Unfortunately the TOC links on Zoom's boards don't seem to work anymore. Is there an other place, where I can read the story?
Can anyone help me? help

Thank you so much smile

Ines

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Work's fine with me . At least to the TOC section.

But you're right, the links to both story parts and comments redirect to some bluetights site...Sorry, I'm not much of an help.

Carole smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Zoomway's old boards - ie the ones before her current location - were on bluetights.net, and the URL given in the story TOC was correct. All I can think of is that she must have sold that domain and it's been bought by someone else.

I think that all the story posts which used to be on the bluetights boards were transferred across to the current location, so Henry Higgins' Head should be there somewhere. It'll probably be in one of the archived forums, but you may have to search manually because I seem to remember that the boards search facility didn't always work in the archived fic sections.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tried to send Shadowfax an email, but seems her addy's not working anymore.

I couldn't find HHH on the archive either.

Carole smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was just exploring, and unless I'm blind, it looks like Zoomway's deleted the fanfic archive forums... most of that stuff is on the lcfanfic archive, of course, but some of it might be lost... frown

Ines, check your email wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Courtesy of the Super Searcher... better known as Elena: goofy

Part 1
Part 1 Comments

Part 2
Part 2 Comments

Seems the old fanfic archives are still there, just not linked from the front page.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thank you so much, Pam, Wendy, Elena and Carole!! smile
Now I can start reading. smile1

Its sad, that there doesn't seem to be a link to these archives on zooms board anymore. But at least they still exist. smile
I saw, that this story was in the fanfic archive no. 2 of zoomways boards. Does there exist an archive no. 1, too? And does anyone have a link to it? That would be great.

Thanks again

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you Elena and Wendy for the link. And Ines for the sparking the search!

This was just a brilliant read. And you know, I wrote a story about Lois finding out, keeping it under her hat, using her knowledge to torture Clark to the point of forcing a confrontation...and here I find that Shadowfax did it first and did it better!

I loved this. And I have to ask, being a fan of the vengeful Lois, can anyone think of others along these lines? Lois learns the truth and quietly, unknown to Clark, gives him a bit of hell?

Please pass those along, I'd love to see them.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In a small way, that covers one of my very earliest fanfics -- I Need You . But only in a small way smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Goshdarnit, Pam, that was downright Waffy!

And I'll confess: I liked it. Nicely done, limited torture, but enough to make Clark squirm a bit.

Excellent!

Anyone else? Lois knows and has a bit of fun?

I'm really curious now.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, there was Debby Stark's The Dawning - where Lois quietly knew for a very, very long time. goofy That story is unfinished though, so you may not want to get started on it until it has a resolution.

One of my personal favourites where Lois gets her revenge is the aptly named... Lois\'s Revenge . <g> A very funny, steamy and cute vignette. And don't miss its sequel, Clark\'s Response wink

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Is Debby ever going to finish that series? She started it a looong time ago, and I hadn't heard anything about it in the past several years. I'd love to actually see her finish it; it was one of the first stories I remember reading.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Last we heard from Debby she was slowly and surely working through all the previous sections of Dawning, revising and editing. And that once that was done, she'd write new sections and finish it off.

But that was some time back, so I guess it's just a case of wait and see if it ever turns up. wink

LabRat (who remembers the good old days when she used to rush to Debby's ftp website to see if a new segment had been posted...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
From what I know Debby isn't currently working on it. Who knows if the story will ever have an ending. goofy

Debby's story is definitely worth reading. It is funny and consists of ongoing "episodes" with always something new to happen, almost like the TV-series itself. And it definitely is fun to read how Lois knows for several parts of the story without letting Clark know, that she knows. wink

So if you want to read about a Lois who knows and has a bit of fun, I definitely could recomment it, CC. But be prepared for a longer reading session. wink There are more parts of the series than you can get from the archive. I believe 22.

Ines smile

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard