Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#143943 04/08/04 09:42 PM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks all!

Um... wondering if I should start a new thread for this, but I'll post it here still...

This is going to sound like a pretty stupid question, but I wouldn't know the answer to it. If a person wants to report a crime, do they need to fill out any special forms or anything? Do they need to speak to a specific officer or something? Is it the same procedure for all crimes or is it different for assault, homicide, etc? (See, I told you it was going to sound dumb)

And another. How old was Bill Henderson and did he deal with a pecific field (e.g. homicide cases, which I have a feeling was his field)?

Thanks again!

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#143944 04/09/04 12:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you want to report a crime, all you need to do is head down to the police station and they will help you getting the correct forms to fill out (as to what crime has been committed, if you want to press charges, etc..) and help you talk to the right people about it (the ones who take care of that certain crime: it's different with a murder case and a stolen car). At least that's what I was told to do when I recieved death threaths some years ago.

And I've also been down there to report stolen bags and purses, stolen vehicle or someone crawling under our car and tapping the fuel. You got forwarded to the right people, but I can't remember the names (status) of the officers. I'm sure someone knows more about this than me smile

As for Henderson, I would guess he was around forty yeas old (though he looks older). I think that's what Nan wrote in "Supercop", too. Somewhere around there, I think. Maybe in the end of his thirties when the show first started. huh

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#143945 04/09/04 12:44 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
The actor who played Henderson (Richard Belzer) was 50 when the show started so you can use that age or go lower if you like.

Also, I think Henderson may have been working Robbery or Fraud just because he was there when Clark's appartment was robbed, when the jewlery store was robbed and was brought in on the Luthor investigation which seemed to be mainly insurance fraud.

However, the reason you may equate Henderson with homicide is that the actor was in the show "Homicide" and now stars in "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
#143946 04/09/04 06:03 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, guys!

However.... there's always a but. laugh

Pel, the story won't forward me to the right people. <g> I wish it did. It helps, but if you can go a bit more to depth it'll help a lot! If you can remember.

Birdie, actually I never watched neither of the shows, goofy so I don't know where I got that idea. smile

Thanks for the help with the age thing. smile

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard