Print Thread
#143904 04/05/04 03:05 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, this is kind of embarrassing blush Okay, so it's a lot embarrassing blush blush blush

Is there a scene in Masques between Henderson and Superman, where Henderson tacitly makes it clear he knows that CK = S?

Yes, I know, I know - you'd think the darn author would know. But...erm...don't. :rolleyes: And I can't find it if there is one. I have it in my head there is, but I did a search for Henderson in the Archive file and nothing turned up. So now I'm stumped as to whether I imagined the entire thing, it's driving me crazy and trust me, I ain't reading through all those pages manually to find out! goofy

Help a poor author with the memory of a lobotomised wombat?

LabRat smile (who suspects she might have just elevated the Forgetful Authors Club to a whole new level...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#143905 04/05/04 03:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I read a scene like that in one of CC's Tempus stories, Through the Window/And Back Again.

I don't remember that in Masques.

TEEEJ

#143906 04/05/04 03:23 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't remember that in Masques at all, Rat. But what I do remember is you dropping hints that Perry might know. And now I can't remember if you left those in, because I remember commenting on it when I was BRing and noting that it seemed to contradict something a little later where Perry clearly thought of Clark and Superman as different men.

And yeah, I don't envy you having to search that monster of a brilliant, amazing, jaw-droppingly fantastic story to find out whether Henderson does know! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#143907 04/05/04 06:42 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL, Rat! Please tell me this means that you're writing???

Yvonne
(who's pretty sure she could equal or surpass Rat's feat of memory-loss, if only she could remember the details of the incident wink )

#143908 04/05/04 07:30 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I just searched "Masques" in Word for the words "Henderson" and "Bill" but I couldn't find a scene similar to the one you are searching.

In fact "Henderson" appeared only five or six times in the whole document.

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
#143909 04/05/04 08:36 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, guys! Mystery solved. Since TJ mentioned it I've been leaning more and more towards thinking it was indeed one of CC's stories and just confirmed it on irc. Thank goodness for that. I'm not as forgetful as I thought I was. goofy

Course...it's such a wonderful scene...wishing it had been in Masques now.... laugh

Oh yes, Yvonne...pleading the fifth. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard