Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143895 04/04/04 05:18 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, I have some questions here, and I hope y'all will be willing to help me out with your various expertises.

1a. How long does it take for a bag of blood to empty out into a human? (You know, when they're getting blood at the hospital)

1b. Is it the same amount of time going the other way?
body--->bag
If not, then how long does that take?

1c. How many of those bags does it take to fill up a two year old? A three year old?

2. How soon after conception does Morning Sickness begin?

3. When a person is wrapped in a towel, is there a specific word for the place where the towel is tucked? Knot, hem, etc?

4. If a man has a split personality and both personalities get involved with the same woman, and said woman gets pregnant, and assuming that at least one personality is aware of the other, will they think of the child as "ours" or will they demand a paternity test to determine which of them is the father?

5. If a man with multiple personalities gets amnesia, do they all forget or just the one who got hit on the head? (I think I asked this one before, but I forgot the answer)

6. I read that when a person goes to see a shrink, they must be comfortable with their shrink or it won't work. So how would they handle a guy with a severe fear of doctors?

7. Does Lois' apartment have a kitchen table? (I don't recall seeing one, but then I've never won the observance award)

8. What exaclty are the laws concerning a "common law wife" and are those state laws or federal?

9. Are there any volunteers to add to either of the round robins on the boards?

10. In which section of the library could I find books about the benefits of fruit? (Okay, I confess; that last one's for school)

~•~
#143896 04/04/04 05:24 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I donated blood recently I think that it took ten minutes for the blood to be taken from my body to the bag. However it depends because my friend went in earlier and she took longer than me.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#143897 04/04/04 05:49 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
2. I don't know first hand, but I do know that it takes place in the first trimaster and I think it starts after about two weeks. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4+5. I don't know the answers, but imagining these situations is very very funny. rotflol rotflol

6. I guess they could let the guy meet up with an undercover doctor, so to speak, and he could be his "friend."

7. I don't even remember them showing the kitchen, so you'd be fine. Especially if it's for The Story. laugh

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#143898 04/04/04 08:33 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
7. Does Lois' apartment have a kitchen table? (I don't recall seeing one, but then I've never won the observance award)
Yes. Atleast, I think, that's where Lois was chopping vegetables in Witness, when Superman pays her a visit.

Anyways, you could always place one, if you like. laugh

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#143899 04/04/04 09:12 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
1a. Not sure, but I know there's a slow (regular) drip and a fast (used in ERs) one.

1b. Varies, but if it takes more than about 15-20 minutes, they won't use it.

1c. Um, fill up?? No blood = DEAD! Even if you lose more than a certain volume, considerably less than your total amount, still quite dead. wink

2. Varies GREATLY. Some women experience morning sickness before they miss their first period (although I think that's pretty rare); some NEVER do. I think about a week or two after the first missed period is most common.

3. goofy Do yer own homework! :p

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#143900 04/05/04 01:22 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
4. If a man has a split personality and both personalities get involved with the same woman, and said woman gets pregnant, and assuming that at least one personality is aware of the other, will they think of the child as "ours" or will they demand a paternity test to determine which of them is the father?
If you're referring to someone with schizophrenia, Mary, it's a fallacy that it means he/she has a split personality. Mental health charities have been trying to combat this mistaken impression for years. Coincidentally, Roo posted this thread a week or so ago on the same theme - take a look. smile

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#143901 04/05/04 09:40 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Mary, you're such a dizzy !!!!!!!!(Take that as a compliment.)

AnnaBtG. (a big dizzy herself)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#143902 04/08/04 12:14 PM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Mary, when my mother used to get blood transfusions at the hospital they took 2-3 hours to infuse. This was a non-emergency situation; it'd be faster in the ER. It takes less time to donate blood, but iirc a "unit" of blood comes from more than one donor. My memory's a little hazy on the details, but I'm pretty sure that either platelets or blood (or possibly) can have more than one donor per unit. Platelets, on the other hand, take a few hours to donate, because the process is more involved.

Also, didn't Lois have a kitchen table in Season's Greetings?

Kaylle

#143903 04/18/04 12:56 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
This week's Straight Dope reminded me of this thread. laugh Linky

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard