Next Thread
Print Thread
#143864 03/31/04 06:07 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
EDITED FROM ORGINAl POST

Okay, now that it's daylight and I'm more sane, let me rephrase my problem:

I wrote a beginning to a fic. I can't/won't write the rest of it. Any idea what I should do with it?

Should I post it as a challenge? Start a Round Robin with it? Give it to someone else?

Any input would be very much appreciated.

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
You better not be talking about the story I am beta-reading for you!!! wildguy wildguy

Julie wildguy

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Heck no!!!!
BTW, did you get my last email? I'm stymied until I get your reply.

This is something else. It came to me one night, then I forgot about it, then one night I remembered it and wrote it.

It's PG-13, comedy, kind of along the lines of "Dude, Where's My Car?"

At least I think it's along those lines; I actually never saw the movie but I've seen the commercials.

You want I should Email it to you? You could probably do a good job with it. I want to give it to someone who'll do it justice, preferably someone just a tad evil.

Should I just post it and see who wants it?

~•~
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
When I faced the same problem with you, I did this:

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000104

Hope it helps!
AnnaBtG. wave

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hmm...I think an idea is formulating. Before I do anything, though, is there some kind of SOP for starting Round Robins? I've noticed that there is currently a Round Robin in progress, but it's just sitting in the corner collecting dust. I think there's even a spider web on it...

Thoughts?

(BTW, TJ, I got your Email. Thanx 4 volunteering. I figure, though, that if this is a group project, then *everyone* can share the blame! smile Umm, I mean "fun." Yes, fun...
I'll keep your offer in mind, though, if the Round Robin doesn't pan out.)

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whew, you had me scared there for a moment. wink

A round robin does sound good, but seeing how House of Cards isn't going anywhere, I don't kno what will happen to this one.

You can always try. laugh

Yes, I did get your e-mail but Hotmail is giving me problems again (I feel stupid using the same excuse twice but I guess everything in this life is timing... goofy ). I'll get back to you as soon as I can sign in, which shouldn't take long. smile

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
no, there's no SOP for starting RRs that i know of. usually, they're done on IRC, but there were several groups who did them, each with a different way. some plotted things out in advance, then took turns writing them. others just got the group together and passed things along from one to the next.

the former is more likely to result in a better story. it's also far more likely to result in a completed story.

the latter method is far less predictable, but also (imo) a lot more fun.

as for boards round robins, house of cards is the first one in the fandom, as far as i know. it was an experiment. worked well in the beginning, but lost momentum. one or two people have expressed an interest in reviving it, so it may yet come to something. heck, i just might step back in and write the next part myself.

anyway, there's nothing that says you can't have 2 RRs going at the same time. nor is there any sort of standard set of rules.

basically, do what works best for you. just know that there's always a chance things may not work out. there's an even bigger chance that they won't go as planned. to me, that's the fun of doing things on the fly, but to others it can be frustrating and disappointing (okay, yeah, it can be frustrating and disappointing to me at times, too).

so, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

oh, and if anyone wants to pick up the house of cards, be my guest. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, I started the RR. Thanks, everybody! smile

~•~

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard