Next Thread
Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, guys...despite there being a flurry of wonderful fic posted here on the mbs over the past few weeks the poor Archive has been terribly neglected with not much in the way of submissions coming in. mecry

<cue violins here>

So, here is your charity announcement for the month. To stop your current EIC being the first in the history of the Archive to preside over a week where NO NEW FIC IS UPLOADED (shock! horror!) get those donations rolling in!

You can send your story submissions to the usual eddress below. All donations welcome. Please help a worthy cause and give generously. wink Don't let a poor Archive starve to death!

LabRat smile
Editor-in-Chief
The Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive
labrat@blueyonder.co.uk

PS - Once again, submitting a story posted on these mbs to the Archive is traditional but not compulsory.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I'll send you Blind Spots soon. I just want to make sure that I've covered all my bases and not left any plot-holes (I know mixed metaphor).

BTW, last time I made a donation to the archive and annesplace, I won a prize. Will I will another prize? clap

gerry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've got a couple that I've posted on the message boards, but then have forgotten to send to the archives. Maybe it's old age, or maybe it's just old age... ?????

Tank (who forgets things)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Can I post my challenge fic "A Future Reunited - the Challenge version"?? Tank's challenge as a sequel to his Future series.

I don't know if challenge fics can be posted to the archive, so I didn't.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwww, you guys are so good. hyper

Keep 'em coming though.

Chris - absolutely. If it's LNC fanfic and pg13 it has a place on the Archive. Occasionally, there will be challenge fic which aren't suitable - most of the Cameo Challenge fic never made it to the Archive because they would only have confused readers who don't hang out here on the mbs and don't know the personalities involved.

But it's rare that a challenge fic won't suit. smile Most can be explained to non-board members easily enough with a foreword of a short couple of lines summarising the challenge and the inclusion of a link to the challenge post, so if anyone's curious they can check out the details.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh, thanks for the reminder, Labby! Just returned the edits for The Ultimate Mary Sue back to my GE. smile

Yvonne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Are drabbles archive-worthy? They're so short!! Perhaps all FoLCs who wrote drabbles could submit them together under a group title ("L&C Drabbles")?

BTW, the "Nine" series will be sent to the archive as one big piece when it is done. (Sorry... August...)

-Wanda :p

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, they're considered as fanfic all on their own in other fandoms, so don't see why not. And we've got plenty of short stories on the Archive already. Debby Stark for one and I seem to remember a while back someone else writing something akin to a Drabble, though not calling it one, where it was only a certain no. of words long.

It's a new sub-genre for this fandom, but I don't see why it shouldn't work just as well here as elsewhere. So, sure, submit away. smile

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
and I seem to remember a while back someone else writing something akin to a Drabble, though not calling it one, where it was only a certain no. of words long.
Actually, I think that would have been me. smile If you look here , you will find Two Terse Tales. These were each 25 words long, and were written as a challenge Cookie posted on Zoom's boards, way back in 2001.

Anyone else here 'guilty' of minimalist writing?

Chris

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, wasn't you, Chris, that I was thinking of (beginning to bug me now who I was thinking of goofy ), but, yes, you too - thanks for the reminder!

EDIT: Okay,was bugging me so much I had to go look. It was Samik's Saturday Afternoon Conversation Without Interruption - a half-Drabble at just 55 words.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard