Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading "Through the Window" & "And Back Again" I am so ready to hold a baseball bat party in a back alley for Tempus. grumble

Just an idea.

TEEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
We can't kill Tempus because Elena would have a fit and throw things at us. She's already mad enough that Yvonne dared physically harm the poor soul in one of her stories and stubbornly refuses to fix it. goofy

For those who don't know, Elena is secretly married to Tempus, her big hero. goofy )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
TJ, what sort of question is that?!?! grumble

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The problem with trying to kill Tempus is (duh! laugh ) when you do it -- and how many times, what with time loops, AUs, etc. The best time would be just before Herb shows him the time machine for the first time (no, I'm not stuttering... wink ), and make it quick! Otherwise a later Tempus may come back (or forward confused ) and try to stop you. So no Evil Overlord-ish deathtraps or lingering executions; make it quick, clean and final... and watch the timeline re-write itself.

Phil

Advertisement: Gabriella's Temporal Hunter-Killer Missiles -- if the best defence is a good offence, then these babies offer the ultimate in protection from time-travelling, universe-hopping creeps. Merely program in the threat's details, including DNA sample, radar/ladar/sonar/hyperwave cross-section and/or signature, and the instant it/he/she/yx appears anywhere within the spatio-temporal acquisition horizon, ZAP! Also available in self-replicating versions for long-term, high usage rate scenarios.

Geez, Gabby has a nasty mind at times... evil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Top Banana
Top Banana
But... but, but Tempus is the best villain! You can't kill a good villain! evil

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Take Luthor for one - I don't know about other people, but he annoys me so much I was kinda hoping he'd go bug a different fandom. So it's okay to kill him.
shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

Pelican (who thinks she's far from the craziest person in this fandom...yikes!!)

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
TJ, if you really want to see a fic in which Tempus dies, look here. You won't find any baseball bats, though. Sorry about that.

Chris

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
No!!!!!! You *can't* kill my Tempus! He's my favorite reaccuring villian. Mine, mine I tell you. <G> I've got Tempus's autograph....

Laura (Die, Lex, Nice, Tempus.)

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Merriwether
Merriwether
Take Luthor for one - I don't know about other people, but he annoys me so much I was kinda hoping he'd go bug a different fandom. So it's okay to kill him.
He did. It's called Mutant X. Tho, from what I hear, he's a good guy. shock

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! whinging

Kaethel mecry

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

Top Banana
Top Banana
What...? You're acting like I killed the president of the United States. Although when you think about it, in some sagas he was. goofy

But I hate him. I really, really hate him.

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?

(The X-Files)
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
But I hate him. I really, really hate him.
Well, that's the point of a good villain, isn't it? goofy

Lex is created evil and dangerous enough to be a real thread to Lois and Clark. No one of the other villains in the series can give me the creeps like he does. evil
It is the fact that he seems so cultivated and philantropic while doing the horriblest things that makes him so dangerous. Because no one sees behind his exterior and it seems he never can be linked to the crimes. When he found out about the globe and guessed that Superman must have a secret identity I was really afraid for Clark.

Tempus was a good villain, too. I especially liked his humor. But I never could see him as equally threatening as Lex. I guess he made me laugh too much. huh

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I mean I hate him because he is annoying.

Tempus is great, I love Tempus. Of course, love to hate him. goofy

Lex doesn't just creep me out. He simply annoys me. He is a pest.

Julie

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually, and going serious for a sec, what I loved about Lex as opposed to other villains is that he was extremely subtle. Only Superman saw who he truly was, and even Lois was totally fooled. His strategy was perfect; he led a double life, looking like a great benefactor to the public eye while leading crime in Metropolis. And since he let Nigel hire goons to do the dirty work and got rid of said-goons once the deed was done, he didn't run a risk of being figured out.

That's why I think that Lex was truly fascinating. Not to mention the fact that John Shea played him to perfection. smile

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually I didn't like him for exactly that reason. :p He kept sending others to do his dirty work for him like a complete coward - Nigel, Dr. Baines, etc. And they paid for it, not Lex (particularly Baines). The fact that he fooled everyone was annoying to me. His calm manner and the language he used made him look really snobby (which he was goofy )and it always made me nervous. It was really irritating.

Julie smile

(The X-Files)
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Kaethel described *perfectly* what I like (or like to hate) in Lex. thumbsup

Plus Lex also is a very realistic criminal. I can easily imagine him or someone like him as a villain in our world. (At least first season Lex). And that makes him very believable and threatening IMHO.

But each to his own. Everyone deserves his/her own favourite villain. laugh

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Blogger
Blogger
You can't kill Tempus! He is hands down my favorite villain. He is just hysterical and I love to hate him way too much to imagine L&C without him. laugh

As for Lex, I say kill him! Oh, and then, just for fun, bring him back to life just so he can be killed again!

Wow. That sounds incredibly sadistic. Hmm... oh well... I just really, really hate Lex. smile
~Lauren

Clark: Lois, you're kinda babbling.
Lois: I know. See, I never babble.
Clark: Are you kidding? You're a brook.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think Kaethel and Elena's presenting speech last night at the Kerths showed just why we can kill Tempus - if it results in such indignation from Elena, it's well worth doing! goofy

Anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about... wait until the Kerth logs go up and read the speech. Totally hysterical!! rotflol

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
ROTFL Wendy!! And thank you for your kind words about that speech. blush

Have to agree with you on how fun it is to watch Elena growl against Tempus-assassins. laugh

Kaethel smile (who prefers Lex anyway wink )

- Is that what we are?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
No, no, no! No killing Tempus. /me kisses Tempus on the cheek. I *need* Tempus. My new story will never happen without him.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard