Next Thread
Print Thread
#143507 03/05/04 04:20 PM
ErinK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi all!

Well, it's that time of year again--voting time! Voting for the 2004 Lois & Clark Fanfic Kerth Awards officially starts tomorrow, Saturday, March 6th, and lasts for ONE WEEK, ending Sunday, March 13th at midnight EST.

I hope you've whittled down that long reading list of this year's fabulous stories, and have decided (or are almost done deciding wink ) which stories you are going to vote for. I know it will be nearly impossible to pick only one story in each category, but unfortunately, that's what you're going to have to do. thumbsup

I look forward to receiving your ballots, and on behalf of the Kerth Committee--me, Pam Jernigan, Kathy Brown, and Annette Ciotola--we thank you in
advance for your participation and support. We couldn't make these Kerth Awards a success without you. smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay - voting! goofy

LabRat (rushing over to Annesplace...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Lab -

Don't you be running with that giant pin, now!! That's dangerous.

PS - when you're done, pass it over this way. Thanks.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aha - way ahead of you, my good buddy. See here wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Huh. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that once again Comcast won't send my ballot. I get a "referral error". grumble I'm glad I found out early in the week. This is a long ballot to write out.
mecry LaurieD

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that once again Comcast won't send my ballot. I get a "referral error".
It's not your ISP fault, Laurie. Firewalls (usually Norton which switches off browser referrer info by default) give that kind of error message. smile

From Symantec :

How referrer information works

Referrer information is information that a Web site sends to another Web site when you click a link on the first Web site to open the second Web site. When you click a Web page, your browser makes a note of the current page you are on and sends that information to the server of the new Web page. This way, the server for the new Web page knows the last Web page you viewed.

If you block referrer information, the server of the page you are requesting to see does not know what page you saw last. By default, Norton Internet Security and Norton Personal Firewall block referrer information. However, some Web pages require referrer information before allowing you to view the page.

For example, if you are on www.symantec.com and click www.microsoft.com, the browser sends information to the server www.microsoft.com. The information includes the fact that you are currently viewing the site www.symantec.com. If you block referrer information, the server www.microsoft.com does not "know" that you were previously at www.symantec.com. If the server www.microsoft.com required this information, your browser would not display the Web page at www.microsoft.com, and you might see an error message.
All you have to do is add www.lcficmbs.com to the list of sites your firewall considers "safe".
If I'm not wrong, the server needs to know that the voting form was processed from a page on the boards server, and that's why if you block that info the form doesn't work. smile

Passing referrer information to spe... Norton Personal Firewall 2003 and 2004.
Passing referrer information to spe...ton Personal Firewall 2002 and earlier.

Elena smile

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Thanks, Elena. I do have a firewall. I'll go prowl around and see if I can figure out where to give it a "safe" website name.

Nice to have such smart techies around here. blush

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
smile1 Yay, Elena. The links and procedure specified by them worked! Phew. I was not looking forward to writing out that ballot, but now I don't have to.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Moving this up so everyone can find the link before Sunday

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard