First of all, thank you so much to everyone who nominated my stories for the Kerth Awards. I was thrilled to see them make the ballot, but even more delighted that people seemed to enjoy them so much. After all, why write fanfic if it isn't fun to write and for people to read? smile The competition is, once again, very tough and it truly is an honor just to be nominated!

Now, secondly, I did some analysis on the ballot this year and I thought others might find it interesting, too. smile

For the 2004 Kerth Awards:

** There were 293 eligible stories.

** Of the 101 slots on the ballot, 73 stories (written by 32 different authors) made the short list. That works out to 25% of the eligible stories.

** We had 23 eligible new authors this year, fewer than in years' past. Yet stories by new authors took 20 slots on the ballot. That means 20% of the ballot was filled by brand new authors! Congrats, CC Aiken, Anna Belcher, Wanda Detroit, Lynn M, Roger Lo (RL), Elle Roberts and Sara!

** We also had 2 established writers nominated for the first time. Way to go, Jen D and Alicia U!

Pretty great coverage, if I do say so myself. smile

Congrats to all the nominees and to *everyone* who shares their L&C fanfic with us. smile

Kathy