Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm positively stunned. With all the talented FoLCs writing fanfic, I never expected to even come close to a nomination, let alone getting one for my very first personal fic. Wow! And to get a nomination for BNA, too!

Thank you to everyone who read my stories. I'm still rather stunned, not knowing exactly what to say or how to thank everybody.

I would like to say a big congratulations to all the other nominees. What a wonderful crop of stories we had last year! Here's to hoping for more in 2004!

And another wow. This makes post #500!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This isn't even ABOUT Lois and Clark. How can it be L&C fanfic?
Hi Cardlady smile

Well, you see, it's allegorical: Clark v Lex, good v evil. smile At least, that's how I saw it.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Congratulations to all the nominees! smile1

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Re: Battle of the Network Printers.

Well, can only speak for myself, but I certainly saw it as LNC fic - basically for the reasons Wendy gave - and nominated it as such. I guess others must have shared my opinion for it to have made the final cut. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Blogger
Blogger
A
Congratulations Everyone.

Thanks to the authors for giving us so many wonderful stories notworthy .

Especially great to see all of those tough choices for best new author. It's amazing that years after a show has ended, we can still get several wonderful new authors to entertain us every year! jump

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Coming in very late here, it's always a terrific feeling to know that people thought enough of anything I wrote to nominate it. I can see already that the competition is going to be fierce this year. I'm pleased that several of the ones I nominated made it onto the short list, too. It's going to be awfully hard to vote; I can say that for sure, but then, it always is.

Thanks to everyone who nominated my work. It's always a surprise to see my name on the list.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good grief, this is going to be impossible! Congrats to all the nominees. smile As far as I'm concerned, *this*, being nominated, is the real prize. The voting process itself isn't half as important. But getting on this shortlist -- that's something of which you should all be proud. And I'm proud, too, to be part of such a wonderful fandom. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Joining the party late?

Congratulations to all the nominees!!

party party party

Good luck to everyone.
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just wanted to add a thanks to all those who nominated my stories. I'm honored to be counted with such a great group of authors and stories.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
coming in late because i've been busy all weekend and have pretty much been coming online just for quick email checks (and i'm behind on that, too...).

wow, what a thing to see when i did get here, though! i got nominated!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

thank you so much to everyone who thought enough of my stories to put them on their short lists!

writing the stories is fun, getting the comments is really cool, but this... [Linked Image]

congratulations to everyone who made the list! party

now, i've got some reading to do... <sigh> a pile of kerth-quality fic that i must somehow manage to force myself through. pity me. wink

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
Delurking for a bit...

Just want to congratulate the nominees, especially Nan. Nan, I read the postings on Zoom's board and feel that whatever was said by the person (which I didn't even read since it was erased) wasn't justified. Hope everyone will have fun at the award ceremony.

traveller.

back to lurking mode...

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I'd like to congratulate everyone on their nominations. The nominated stories are very deserving, although surprisingly few of the stories I nominated showed up. I guess that proves that my tastes are different than most FoLCs smile .

Also, thank you to everyone who nominated my stories. I've had stories eligible for every Kerth awards since the beginning, and this is my first nomination. It breaks my streak! I think before this I was the author with the most stories on the archive who hadn't been nominated. Well, when you have 17 eligible stories, odds are at least one of them will be nominated wink . Thank you very much for breaking my streak. It really means a lot to me.

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I know I'm way behind the game here, but I wanted to crawl out of lurkerdom long enough to express my most sincere thanks. I'm honored to have been nominated and truly pleased that so many people liked my stories. Congratulations to all of the other nominees and thanks to KCom for all their work creating the ballot and compiling the nominations!

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Blogger
Blogger
Wow. I have a LOT of reading to do since I plan on voting... I know that I have read most of these stories, but I am definitely going to have to re-read because too many of my favorites are competing against each other! help smile
~Lauren

Clark: Lois, you're kinda babbling.
Lois: I know. See, I never babble.
Clark: Are you kidding? You're a brook.
Top Banana
Top Banana
All the stories are great but some just stand out above the rest - I'm ready to vote: tomorrow the primaries, this weekend the Kerths. laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
As some / most of you know, I've been away for the last month and have had only very limited and sporadic internet access. Thus, I am coming to this thread very late indeed. My thanks for the nominations are no less heartfelt for that, though!

To all those people who nominated EMII, where- and whoever you are, thank you so very, very much! Last year was a difficult one for me, but you've made me feel as though something good has actually come of it! laugh

Chris

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard