Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143114 02/07/04 10:16 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Ok, everyone. I have a huge problem and it's all your fault! mad

Is there no way you guys will take a break from posting from December to mid February? You can write all you want, that way, once you do start posting, there be no excuses such as: my muse is on vacation; running short of buffer,... laugh But honest, you cannot imagine the ammount of fic I've saved in my HD. A little compasion! goofy

To top it off, it's Kerths time.And a girl has got to read if she wants to vote (sorry, but nominating is out of the question cat )

Nothing to do, is there?Well, can't say I tried wink

Cris smile

Cris
#143115 02/07/04 03:25 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Okay, maybe it is from my lack of sleep for the past two days, but I am not following what you are saying. You want them to write? You want them not to post?

I feel stupid. grumble

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#143116 02/07/04 05:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
roo: as i understand it, the request is to have authors hold off posting fic during kerth season, so that those who are busy reading and reviewing stories in preperation for nominations and voting won't fall behind in reading new fic.

cris: there don't seem to be that many stories being posted these days. some, yes, but a fair sight fewer than normal. i think a lot of authors are busy with kerth reading, too.

still, as one of the authors who does have an active WIP, i'll say that yes, i have been considering a break in posting. not sure if i'll do it, but if a decent chunk of potential readers are too busy reviewing stories for the kerths to read new things, i might well pause the story.

i've got the next part of my story written (it's being BRed), and i'm hoping to post on schedule. my current story involves a fair amount of reader participation. so, if the comments folder is small and the number of voters is down, i'll probably post a poll at the end of this week asking if i should pause the story until after kerth voting closes or if i should keep posting.

i'm a bit worried about the people who are too busy to even come check the boards. there's no way i can really include them in the poll.

if enough people seem to be reading now, though, then i'll keep going. sorry you won't be able to participate, but hopefully you'll be able to catch up on your reading after voting closes.

speaking as a reader, i personally don't think i'd like a 3 month period without new fic, even though i am really behind in my reading.

anyone else care to weigh in?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#143117 02/07/04 06:16 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1

So please keep posting new story parts all year round. notworthy notworthy

Tricia cool

#143118 02/08/04 12:19 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
No break time! Keep posting!

#143119 02/08/04 12:20 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Thanks for the clarification.

#143120 02/08/04 01:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto Tricia!! I'm finding that I just don't have enough to read at the moment. frown Paul, please don't stop posting!!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#143121 02/08/04 04:07 AM
Blogger
Blogger
The Kerths are very, very new to me so I am still trying to catch up with my reading so that I can vote (I don't feel that I am quite ready to actually nominate stories... there are way too many good ones to choose from!). This means that I unfortunately haven't had much time to read new stories, but I am hoping to catch up later. smile Gosh, this whole plan involves an awful lot of catching up, doesn't it? eek
~Lauren

Clark: Lois, you're kinda babbling.
Lois: I know. See, I never babble.
Clark: Are you kidding? You're a brook.
#143122 02/08/04 06:27 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I did a poll on this very topic over in the Polls thread: here it is

I did this poll because I'm in the midst of a major WIP that should be ready to start posting mid-February and I hated the thought that no one would read it simply because they were just bogged down with Kerth catch-up reading. But from the posts and the results of the poll, I'm going to move forward. I figure those who can will, those who can't at this time but want to, will later, and those who won't, won't regardless of when I post.

But Cris, I do sympathize with your plight. My "to read" file is so full it's to the point of overwhelming. I'm now sitting tight, waiting for the Kerth noms to come out so I can focus in on the ones I haven't yet read but need to consider before voting.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#143123 02/08/04 06:31 AM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I'm in the process of getting ready to move, so I've pretty much given up on finding time to read fanfiction, much less write. If I can squeeze in a page of writing a week, I'm happy. I don't think I'll be posting anything before the end of February (my moving date.)

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#143124 02/10/04 01:50 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Surely it's *always* better to have too much to read? Yes, you might not get around to reading everything you'd like to, but don't you love having such a wonderful choice of fic to choose from? At any time, day or night, you can sit down and find something entertaining and maybe even thought-provoking to read. How fantastic is that? smile1

Yvonne

#143125 02/10/04 09:06 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I guess my words might have been misunderstood. I don't expect anybody to stop writing/posting cat It's just that this period of the year is extra hectic for me so all I do is store loads of fic, but read hardly any. And then as I finish with exams and stuff, there come the Kerths... I guess I was just letting out some of my frustrations. Somehow, exams keep getting harder to cope with as years go by frown

Anyway, please, eveeryone, DO NOT STOP WRITING/POSTING (though I can't say that I'm not thankful that the rythm has slowed down this past few weeks wink )

So, to sum up, you can just ignore me laugh

Cris

Cris
#143126 02/10/04 09:11 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
By the way, thanks for your sympathy, Lynn (in my attemp to read this fast so I could get back to my last exam-finally smile1 -I skipped your post blush )I too will wiat for nominations to come out before I start doing my Kerth-reading.

Cris

Cris

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard