Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143067 01/29/04 01:39 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I was wondering whether any one of you who writes Fanfics, are professional writers? Because loads of the stories are great. thumbsup

#143068 01/29/04 02:29 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, Erin's just had her first book published. Yay, Erin - you go, girl! hyper

And there have been a few FoLCs who've done the same over the years. Debs Manning was one, as I recall.

BTW, moving this into Fanfic Related - because it is in a sense and you're likely to get this noticed more over there than here in OT. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#143069 01/29/04 04:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, Deb Manning is a published author -- seems to be doing fairly well for herself, too. Her pen name is "Debra Mullins" and a search on Amazon turned up five books -- and that's not counting her first book, which I own but which didn't show up on the list for some reason.

Here's what she says in her "About the Author" section:

I have wanted to be a writer ever since I was a girl, when I used to write stories about my favorite television show, starring my friends as supporting characters. Over the years, I dreamed of someday being published so I could share my stories with the world. Now that dream has come true.

I love to hear from readers. You can write to me at P.O. Box 381, Waldwick, NJ 07463
I met her once... nice woman smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#143070 01/30/04 04:01 PM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I've been published in both print and online zines, and received money for a couple of poems and one short story (though not much!). I think the actual term is semi-pro. I'm working on more original fiction, which is one reason I haven't done a lot of fanfic lately, though I've had a lot of craziness happen to me this past year as well. The main problem is lack of time between my job and apartment hunting and other activities, and I'm also dealing with writer's block right now.

I would like to have a novel written eventually, either in the sci-fi or fantasy genre. I did write a novel-length sci-fi story, but IMHO it's not good enough to be published professionally. I do have it in e-book format on my website, though.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#143071 01/31/04 08:21 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
JKD, I've had over thirty books published -- mostly children's and preteen, although some of them have been adult books as well. Over half of these were part of one or another series, and about a dozen were actually translations from Hebrew to English.

I'm not sure if I'm what you're looking for, though, because I was a "profic" writer long before I started writing fanfic. I'm much more interested in authors who honed their skills on LnC, got lots of lovely FDK to encourage them to keep going, and then took the bold step towards going profic. Kudos to Erin and Emily and Debra, and long may you publish! goofy

Hazel, who thinks most of our fanfic writers are better than much of the profic out there

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard