Print Thread
#142933 01/17/04 12:22 PM
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
How many time machines did wells have? Was it just the one, or do you think that it's feasible that he had a backup machine hidden somewhere (just in case)?

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#142934 01/17/04 12:44 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
In Tempus Fugitive Lois and Clark built a second time machine, and we never found out what happened to it, so it is entirely possible.

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#142935 01/17/04 04:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
there's also the tricky nature of time machines. let's say you're stranded in time, but you know how to make a time machine. you could:

(a) write a note to yourself to be found/delivered in the future, and then come back and rescue yourself.

(b) make a new time machine and just go from there.

(c) make a new time machine and come back and rescue yourself.

(d) have a spare time machine stashed somewhere handy, service it regularly (in your own time, of course...), take it when you need it, and then just make sure to put it back the instant after you took it.

(e) leave yourself a diary of where and when you're going, and make sure to update it and check on yourself regularly. if you see that you've been gone too long, you may want to go look for yourself.

actually, what i've always wanted to do was to build a time machine, go back in time, teach myself how to build a time machine. do a lifetime's worth of research and learning, go back in time, teach myself as quickly as i could, spend another lifetime learning new things, go back in time, teach myself... it would take just as long to learn the actual sbjects, but i'd have the advantage of new discoveries and i'd be able to skip over all the wrong turns and mistakes and failed trials. it would speed up scientific research immeasurably.

so, i just have to figure out how to build a time machine... laugh

in any case, my point was that wells could have as many time machines as you wanted him to have. maybe even the same one multiple times. time travel does funny things...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#142936 01/18/04 03:30 PM
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Thanks, guys. Just wondering, but where (when)was the 2nd time machine from Tempus Fugitive when it was last seen?

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#142937 01/18/04 05:23 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
If my memory serves me it was last seen after Wells delivered Tempus to that 1866 insane asylum (which I never understood how he got out of to come back in seasons 3 and 4). He has ordered Lois and Clark to wait for him at the second machine, and then we see them waiting for him in some barn (where they left the machine). So in other words, we last saw it in a barn in 1966. smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#142938 01/19/04 10:57 AM
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Thank you.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard