Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142736 01/02/04 07:31 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
(before you wonder why it's in this folder, it's got to do with the archive's google search.)

Okay, when I try to search the archive through it's Google search, instead of using google.com it's using google.com/intl/iw/ , which is the Hebrew version (though the local domain for it is google.co.il). It's got all my fonts crazy, and though my computer is native Israeli and I do visit Hebrew websites, it never did that before. Does anyone have any idea how to fix that?

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#142737 01/02/04 08:05 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Go to Google's website, and click on Advanced Preferences. There, you can change the default language for Google. This will also change the root Google that it goes to.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#142738 01/02/04 08:11 AM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I tried. When I go to Google.com it automatically changes to Google.ca, the Canadian one. The language set in my preference is english.

EDIT: Karen, THANK YOU! The problem really was originated there, but I had to look into it and change it a few times until it registered. smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard