Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Top Banana
Top Banana
The one that took the story out of your head while you slept and had it all neatly typed up by the time you woke up in the morning.
I havn't read anything by Stephen King yet- yes, I know, but don't send me to the guillotine yet- but now that I know that such a machine exists I definitely want one. laugh My birthday is too far away, though... All the way in September.

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
hands up all those who want one of those writing machines from Stephen King's Tommyknockers?
AnnaBtG. (both hands up)

P.S.: I haven't read anything by Stephen King either blush

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, I think there might just be a few people in the world who can claim they've never read a Stephen King book, so you're both in plenty of good company there and no need of guillotines or blushes!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, if it'll make you feel better, guys, I go far out of my way to *avoid* reading Stephen King! But so many of his books end up in movies that I end up learning some things about them anyway... Oh, well smile

PJ
who has a feeling that those writing machines had some sort of down-side, somewhere! goofy

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
who has a feeling that those writing machines had some sort of down-side, somewhere!
Well...only if you consider being taken over by a dead alien so that you suddenly become super inventive, get all your emotions leeched out of you and end up trying to kill your friends and destroy the planet as a drawback.

But, hey, it'd be worth it, right? goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
I go far out of my way to *avoid* reading Stephen King!
/me shudders

Ditto! Definitely! And I did try to read a couple of 'em, years ago. They were so highly recommended by a friend who had some other similar SF interests. But they were just so-- so--

/me shudders some more

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL. Well, I wouldn't call them SF. They're horror novels - designed to make you shudder!

LabRat smile (thinking Rivka might be able to get her friend to pay for counselling under the Trades Description Act there. <bg>)

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
I agree -- and I don't LIKE "horror," generally.

However. There are a couple SF authors who write "horror" that's sort of SF (and generally write SF&F) whose stuff I will read, and I was being persuaded that King's stuff was like that.

Not ENOUGH like, it turns out! wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oddly enough, I don't read much Stephen King, because by the 3rd or 4th chapter, I'm *depressed*. I did read Tommyknockers, though. As nice as one of those typewriters would be, I wouldn't like everything that goes with it. And what if they started typing out my dreams? No, wait, that's a good thing.. I could make sense of them that way.

And ditto to all of the other resolutions. More stories, more stories, nag nag nag!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Somehow, I hadn't caught this thread until now...

* Jana: where's that sequel to Love Remains?
blush I'm working on it, Sas, I promise. Just ask Carol! O:-) (I know, nobody buys that angel icon anywhere near my name, especially you, Sas, but still...) I really am working on it. But I still have awhile to go before I'll be ready to start posting. Thank you for including me on your wish list though, I was honored. And yes, I am finally admitting that I am working on the Love Remains sequel. That must be progress, right? Now if my muse would only return...

As for my list... laugh lots more fanfic for the next year. That Shayne Terry would come back to writing, as well as any other long lost writers, that we will continue to be able to see wonderful trailers and videos, and at least a dozen TOGoM fics next year. (I wonder which episode Jana likes best.) wink And for all the great readers out there, that they each get to read lots of their respective type of fic.

Jana

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wishlist? Well, here I go:

I want Universal Union 4 and another Kent Family story from Jenni Debbage,

more of Cindy Leuch's Christmas story, heck, more by Cindy, period!

More stories by Zoomway!

Another story by CCM,

More of WandaD's George and Lynn universe,

Another story by Sheila Harper,

Jeff, didn't you promise another couple stories? please?

Ann, please come back and finish RRR? It's only one more part... please, pretty please?

Nan, can I have another Home story, more of the Hottest Team in Town series, and another family story?

Leela, please finish Long, Strange Trip?

Keshandra, what about Where The Blacktop Ends?

Chris Mulder's Meet Me In Kansas City II, please?

SQD, got anything for us? We haven't heard from you for a while.

And Shayne, got anything? Please?

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't believe in making new year's resolutions for the very simple reason that it is very depressing when I don't keep them! However, I do have good intentions...

I'm not going to nag or plead with any authors. Instead, I'm going to nag or plead with myself. No, I'm not going to tell myself that I need to write. Rather I'm going to tell myself that I need to read! There is so much on the archive that I haven't even looked at that I feel I'm drowning in unread fic.

In fact... authors, please don't write anything new for at least ten years. That way I might stand a chance of catching up. wink <ducks at all the rotten tomatoes that are undoubtedly sailing my way now! laugh >

Thanks, Elena -- yours is a lone voice crying in the wilderness -- for saying that you want more from me. No promises, mind.

Chris

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Actually, Chris, I'd love to see more of your stories. I'd just figured you were knee-deep in writing another of your masterpieces and would get back to us when you were ready. If you aren't, I'd like some more, please. <g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
My wishes for 2004 would include new fics from Sheila Harper, Carol Malo, and ML Thompson. I would really like to see Judith Tylke return to the fandom and post something new. And I wish Gerry Anklewicz would get inspired to finish those two great stories I know she has sitting on her hard drive.

Thanks for the wish for me, CC. I had to laugh though. I write so deliberately and rewrite so much, that even if I started writing this minute, I still wouldn't have anything to post until September. I'm thinking, though, and waiting for the Muse to descend.

Happy 2004 everyone!

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Wendy mentioned a possible sequel to To Protect and Serve (of course I had to pay her to mention it wink ), and that is a possibility, though it might become a long story and I'm not really partial to long stories at the moment.

I did have the thought of pursuing the wrap-up sequel of Lois' Story and in so doing, finally finish off the Future's Series.

But if the gentle readers aren't really interested, I can abandon that project and just delete the beginnings I've worked up. Then I could slip back into what I do best. Retirement.

Hey! That sounds like a pretty good idea.

Tank (who doesn't really feel the pressure to uphold the male end of fic writing anymore now that it's known how good Roger is)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

I know is late but this is 'my wish list'.

1. See all stories finish but that will be a miracle.

2. Read sequel for the following stories.

Drifter -Bumpkin
Misery - Y Connelli
A universal union 4 -Jenni Debbage
Heart Divided -Pam Jernigan
Sister Switch -Carol Moncado
The fugitive - Mobile Richard
When the West Wind Moves - Elle Roberts
Duet - Shayne Terry
To Protect and Serve -Tank Wilson
Lois' story -Tank Wilson

huh Well, I can dream. huh

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Blogger
Blogger
I think most of my wishes have already been posted, but to give the authors more encouragement, drool

I'm looking forward to a happy ending for Lois & Clark in Leela's Long Strange Trip; wink

Finally, I was enjoying a well-written suspense story, After Midnight, when the author stopped posting abruptly. I hope she finishes the story (and finds Lucy safely eek ) in 2004, but I'm afraid that she may have left the fandom confused

Snarla2

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I'm still working on The Hottest Team in Town, however, things have been really chaotic over the holidays, so I'm way behind. Hopefully, after school starts again I'll be able to find more time to write. Have no fear, though, once I start a story, I *always* finish it. Also, just for those who have noted that a few threads from previous stories are still dangling, and don't look as if they're going to be resolved in this story -- they're right. There's going to have to be one more to tie up everything.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Maria:

I assure you that you are going to get the sequel to Drifter, 'Landed', this yr for certain. It's already outlined out, I just have to sit down and let the words come. Or force them out at any rate smile

Plus I second a lot of requests put out there smile

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

At list one wish. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard