Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Merriwether
Merriwether
goofy ) thought potassium was kalium. (Well, kind of -- the element wasn't known in elemental form until 1807. But the name kalium is Latin.)

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For the same reason that gold is Au (aurum) and lead is Pb (plumbum). Those crazy Greeks (not you, Anna goofy ) thought potassium was kalium. (Well, kind of -- the element wasn't known in elemental form until 1807. But the name kalium is Latin.)
A ha! I knew kalium was Latin. I'm glad you threw that last thought in; I would have driven myself crazy connecting short-circuited wires in my head and thinking kalium was aGreek word. And ps, shh, Rivka LOL! I shouldn't have to think about Chemistry for another 10 days!

JD
New game: how many times does it take Jen to edit posts after midnight so she'll make some sense? goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great idea! Just a few more who popped into my head as I was reading this...

• Caroline McKenna - After Midnight! Haven't heard from you in ages...

• Nqoire - the Murder books! Dying to know what happens next...

• I know it's been mentioned before, but Pel... Once Upon a December, Pretty Woman, that ToGoM fic I swore never ever to talk about in public [oops evil ] and all those other WIPs you've been promising me lately, which I also promised never to tell anybody about wink And fanfic trailers too, of course!! You're such a talented bird, I'm sure that doing all of them won't be that much strain on you wink

• Saskia - you do know that I'm expecting more of Lost Without You in my mailbox soon, right?

• EDIT: Oops! How could I have forgotten? blush While I fully agree that Kaethel should write and post Near Wild Heaven II sooner rather than later, this is just a friendly little reminder that there is still one half of a rather important little challenge to be completed... I really should have set a deadline. Anyway... just a thought, as usual, Kae! evil

And, of course, ditto everybody else!!! wildguy wildguy

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, Sara, you are so bad!! goofy )

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Merriwether
Merriwether
Jen, I shouldn't have to think about chemistry any more -- at all! laugh And yet . . . goofy

And somehow, last night, ancient Romans and ancient Greeks seemed like the same thing. confused huh

/me taps side of head

Don't ask me -- I just live here!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Devillish? Me?? Where in the world did you get that idea, Pel? Since when is nagging for fantastic, amazing, unbelievable, incredible fic from a writer who can run rings around me devillish??? confused

Okay, so a little confused... I have to nag Wendy now? laugh No, only kidding - but seriously, I know perfectly well that my server is behaving right now, and I'm sure that Wendy wouldn't delay in sending stories to me [thanks for that third-party agreement thing, by the way, W!!!] and I've hit the download mail button twenty times in ten minutes... so why haven't I gotten anything yet? *tapping foot*

Sara [who is sorry that her friend was sick but really feels she's been waaaaaaaaaay too patient about this, despite the real-life boulders that keep popping up restricting Pel-fic-and-trailers...]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Say, would anybody be interested in putting out some Fanfic on audio cassette wink

I'd love some Wendy, Yvonne, Kathy, Labrat, Tank, etc stories to listen to!

I'm finding I get a lot more done when using an audio cassette than lying on the couch reading blush

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Since when is nagging for fantastic, amazing, unbelievable, incredible fic from a writer who can run rings around me devillish???
<lol> Trust me, you won't think of it this way after you've received this little sucker. You're crazy for still wanting it, but I gotta love ya for it anyway laugh

Notice how this is my post no. 99? Why don't we make post no. 100 *the* posting, eh? So, I will no longer post on these boards till I've held that promise. /me spits on...whatever hand that comes to shake it. <g>

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I am terribly behind at reading... but there are three stories I've been waiting for ages:

- Symbolic Angel's 'Mission In Time' (I bet she won't appear, but, heck, I can still hope!)

- QotC's 'Guys, Gals and Guns' (It's SO MUCH FUN!!!)

- Caroline McKenna's 'After Midnight' (I was really loving that story!)

AnnaBtG. (complaining: 'Kalium ends in 'um'!! It's Latin!!!!!!!!! Not Greek!!!!!!!!! Don't blame Greeks!!!!!!!!!' - but she'll still admit that the name used in (modern, at least) Greek for potassium is 'kalio'.)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting caught up here after a week out of town. So much to read:)

CC Aiken, it was very kind of you to include me on your list. smile

my list: so many things - a story from each of my favourite authors; no really long stories that haven't been ruthlessly edited; a couple of quirky, funny fics; a sophisticated music video from Trenna; a story from at least one writer who hasn't posted anything in over a year; and a few good things for each and every FoLC:).

cc malo

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
evil Hey Paul, you forgot:

K is for Keelhauling.

evil evil evil evil

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Q is for Quadratic Equations (which in my book are a synonym for evil
Well, being in the Star Trek fandom, Q can only stand for one thing...Q! wink

Now, wouldn't that make for an interesting crossover?

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
here's my wish list

-Nqoire - Murder Trilogy...pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaase post!
-ErinK - Long Road Home!!!
-KathyB - M3!!!
-Laura Davies - Innocence Lost!!!
-Pam - more letter stories!!!

As for:
Chris Mulder - "Meet Me In Kansas City II"? *begging*
-- I'm gonna start begging/nagging with El now.

Have a Happy New Year Everyone!
~jen

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I just thought of another one.

Yvonne- a 'ten years later' epilogue for 'Addicted'. I really, really, want to know she's okay!!! Please? *begs on knees*

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Anna B. the Greek:

- QotC's 'Guys, Gals and Guns' (It's SO MUCH FUN!!!)

eek

Wow. I thought nobody cared about that one! (Well, either that or they thought it was finished).
I'll get right to work on it! laugh

Phil--DROP EVERYTHING ELSE, AND GIMME COUCH POTATOES II (followed by Couch Potatoes III and Couch Potatoes IV: The Quest for Peace) wink

Round Robin--The other day I made a mistake of reading House of Cards 1-8. Now I'm hooked. Will you PLEASE post part 9?!

Pam--K is for Kiev/Kenya/Kraken/Kisses(Hershey)/Kangaroo and/or Koleidescope.
Q is for quintuplets.

Nan---This one's easy, just tell me your last name so I can find you on the archive! I've heard such wonderful things about your writing, and I'd like to see for myself but I can't find you! sad

~•~
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Queen smile

Nan---This one's easy, just tell me your last name so I can find you on the archive! I've heard such wonderful things about your writing, and I'd like to see for myself but I can't find you!
She's Nan Smith. And yes, RUN and look her up! She has dozens of amazing stories. Some of them are in series - if you read the Dagger series, you'll want to read them in order, so maybe someone who has the full list in order to hand could post it for you.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You rang? goofy

I'm a huge Nan Smith fan, and often re-read the stories, so I've created the following list for my own use -- the archive crew are talking about getting these listed on the fanfic index pages, too. Anyway, here we are:

>>Series Guide for Nan Smith's stories:

Dagger Series:

Dagger of the Mind
Dagger's Edge
Assassin's Dagger
Doppelganger
Blind Man's Bluff
Countdown
Priorities
Vanishing Act
Charade
Heritage
Unforeseen Consequences
Christmas in Metropolis
Daddy's Little Girl
Suspicions

Home Series:

Home
Home II: Beginnings
Home III: Memories
Home IV: Honeymoon
Home 4A: A Valentine Vignette
Home: A Christmas Story
Home: On the Fourth Day of Christmas

Mystery
Getting to Know You
Faces

Four Days to Nightfall
Teamwork
Buried Secrets
Hottest Team in Town (in progress)

A Night at the Office
Strange Relationships
Best Laid Plans
New Year's Eve

Pheremone, More Likely

<<

I'd tell you which ones are my favorites, except you don't really need to see that whole list again wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
eek jawdrop
Woah. That's a lot of stories! I'll have to get busy...

~•~
Columnist
Columnist
* Anna Belcher: how about that angsty alt-Clark story you've been telling me about for months already?
SHHHHHHH!! No one is supposed to know I have a WIP... now I'll be expected to post it. dizzy

but of course inspiration isn't worth squat without some perspiration in there somewhere.
What?! Since when?! Well, at least now I've figured out why the story hasn't gotten any longer...

~Anna (who has been having trouble keeping up with two fandoms, going to Disneyland, graduating college, and applying to law school)

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What?! Since when?! Well, at least now I've figured out why the story hasn't gotten any longer...
Yeah, hands up all those who want one of those writing machines from Stephen King's Tommyknockers? The one that took the story out of your head while you slept and had it all neatly typed up by the time you woke up in the morning. goofy

LabRat smile (who's been asking for one of those for Christmas for years, but do they listen...? )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard