Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, now that Christmas is receding into the past and the new year is fast approaching, is there anything you would like your favourite authors to include on their list of new year's resolutions? goofy

If so, post 'em here!

And here's mine:

</font><ul type="square">
[*]Yvonne Connell: Now that you've finished Addicted, write Fear of Discovery V!
[*]Tank Wilson: that sequel to Protect and Serve would go down very nicely!
[*]Kaethel: how much longer are you going to keep us waiting for Near Wild Heaven II?!?
[*]Jo March, any chance of getting Snowflakes finished for Christmas 2004? wink
[*]Shayne Terry, please get back to Single White Kryptonian - you can't leave it unfinished for another year!
[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Erin Klingler, you may be an almost-published author, but we were your fans first! Come back here and finish The Long Road Home! goofy Anyone else care to add their wishlist to this thread?

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
I completely second Wendy! I'd like to see all what she mentioned already. I just like to add a few I'd love to see in 2004 as well.

* Jana: where's that sequel to Love Remains?

* Anna Belcher: how about that angsty alt-Clark story you've been telling me about for months already?

* Pam: Make sure we get K, L, M and some other letters wink

* Wendy: keep on writing so we won't have to suffer a lack of WendyFic - long, angsty full of whams will do just fine laugh

* Pel: It's really time you start posting that story of yours!

I can't think of more right now, but to all authors, please keep writing! smile

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a marvellous idea, Wendy!! smile1

Elena

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
* Pam: Make sure we get K, M, N and some other letters
What, you don't want to see L? goofy I have ideas for all those letters, but of course inspiration isn't worth squat without some perspiration in there somewhere. Still, they've been coming along nicely, so I expect I can do a few more.

My wishlist... hmm...

Kathy B -- M3 and WMBE. Or anything else you care to write, really laugh

Nan -- more of everything, please!

Shayne -- get back here and finish SWK! You've left it in a very unsettled spot.

Leela -- I'd love to see LST updated more frequently! smile

Phil -- where's Imbalance?

And there are more, I'm sure, but I'm on vacation and can't remember who else to nag!

Oh, Pel -- I want more fanfic trailers! Especially of my stories, of course wink but they're all amazing.

PJ
who should be back home in approximately 24 hours...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooohhh, great idea!!

This will just be off the top of my head, and I'm almost certain to leave something out, but what's the edit button for?

1 Jude- I know you write only one a year and last one was September, but since I'm wishing I'd like the muse to seize you in January.

2- CC Malo- anything. Though from you I'd like to see one almost soley about Superman as you do such great things with him in your action sequences. His cape, the wind, etc... Lots of flying, please.

3- Labby- I'll take your grocery list, just please, please post it.

4- AnnieM- something cute and so Waffy that it melts me even while I pretend I don't read that sort of thing.

5- KathyB- M3, goshdarnit, nuff said.

6- Wendy- something slow, dark, and horrible with little or no introspection, just lots of talking. (I know! But you'd be brilliant at it!!)
<<edit: yeah, but Wendy, what if Lois suffered from some sort of condition in which she couldn't stop thinking aloud? Imagine the complications.>>

7- LynnM- Wendy said something about trains, so ok, I'll take it. Actually, I've thought it over and I really like your married Lois and Clark, so I'd like them to be married on that train as well, ok?

8- Yvonne- Misery 2!! Pllleeeeeaasssee!! (And it's too soon, too ungrateful and too unkind to mention, but I wouldn't be adverse to Addiction 2)

9- Kathryn Ann Kent- don't know who you are or where you went, but loved your stuff. Why not make it three?

10- MissyG!- Do not think I have forgotten how badly you sucked me in to WLGTDWI? and then just walked away. Bad, Missy, bad, bad.

11- Nan- more on that 1/2 kryptonian baby, please....

You're sorry I got started, aren't you? I could wish all day. I'll stop at an even dozen.

12- Tank- I know you can do it, I've seen it. Something tender and romantic and yet still...you.

Wish, wish, wish...

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
6- Wendy- something slow, dark, and horrible with little or no introspection, just lots of talking. (I know! But you'd be brilliant at it!!)
You think so, CC? You haven't read anything by me with lots and lots of talking... and you wouldn't want to! goofy

By the way, I'm seeing some of the writers being implored here posting their own wishlists. How about giving us an answer to our requests, hmmm? wink

Wendy (who assures Sas that she definitely has some WIPs, but regretfully tells El that none of them is likely to be a nextgen. Sorry! huh )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
You want to play that game? Fine! goofy ), "R is for Ruins", "S is for Slaughter", "T is for Tempus" and so on!!

Tracey - WHERE is Out of Contact?!?!? sloppy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Kae, how about "Q is for Quisling"? goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay then:

* Laura Davies - Innocence Lost!!!!! wildguy What happened to it???

* Wendy - write something long, angsty, and capturing. Anything shorter than Faux Pas won't be acceptable. (don't say I'm not reasonable smile )

* ML Thompson - Something else where Lois and Clark meet out of the country and full of misunderstandings, trouble, angst and pain. (use 'Cause and Effect' and 'Without Checking the Water Level' as examples)

* Pam, Q is for Quadratic Equations (which in my book are a synonym for evil wink )

That's all I can think of right now, but don't think the rest of you can get away.

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rat slinks into the thread, looks over all the lists, reminds everyone who should know better that she's retired, endorses all other wishes as she'd like to see them too and firmly believes in 'do as I say, not as I do' so is allowed to nag even though she's retired (Jo, this means you! Snowflakes! Snowflakes! Snowflakes!)...and then slinks out again...

Seriously, thank you for being interested in nagging - I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, it's not likely any of those mentioned will see the light of day. Especially SDB, which is three quarters written but which I hate with a vengeance. <g>

CC - ROTFL. Oh, don't tempt me. I'm not really missing writing at the moment, but am missing that dialogue with readers which is so much fun. So I keep threatening to post the phone book, just to get fdk. goofy

LabRat smile (anticipating that many wishes will come true and looking forward to another year of great fanfic...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I can only say to all the gentle writers... keep 'em coming.

I don't understand Kaethel's remark about 'keeping Lois' hair safe'. How is a haircut a danger? Something that improves Lois' looks can only be considered a good thing, right?

Tank (who says that all his fics are warm and waffy, arent' they?)

J
Blogger
Blogger
J
Um...

/me slinks in, following Rat’s footsteps (except the part where she yells at me [g])

Wendy, thanks for mentioning Snowflakes! smile And I suppose I deserve the dig about Christmas 2004. /me looks very, very sheepish. El, yeah, I know. blush And Kaethel: Hey!!! :p ~~~~~~~~~ [g]

I know you all probably want to kill me right now, and I can’t say I’d blame you (but don’t lynch me yet! eek ) I have been very busy though, what with this being my last semester at university, starting my masters degree, and a few odd things... Most importantly, though, it’s been so long since I’ve written anything except the occasional essay that whatever I’m turning up makes me wince. I’m not happy with the way my writing is turning out; I guess I’ll need to write a few ‘recycle-bin’ stories before I try posting anything - I honestly don’t know how long that will be.

I really appreciate the nag. smile (Also the lack of green paint laugh )

JoMarch
(adding 'finish Snowflakes in (preferably early) 2004 ' to the top of her New Year's resolutions list)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
dangit. /me snaps her fingers. After so long without nagging, I though everybody'd forgotten about that. evil Actually, RL and a JAG diversion slowed me down. I'm currently working on chapter 2 of Innocence Lost, and I refuse to work on *anything* else until I finish it. 14 pages takes a little while to write...

Laura (who figured that if Maria wasn't asking about it, probably nobody'd noticed)

PS: Hey wonderful Index Crew--the name of the story is "Innocence Lost", not "Lost Innocence".

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooh! Another entry to my wish-list...

Keshandra!!! How about finishing Where the Blacktop Ends some time soon? goofy As well as any other unfinished fics you happen to have lying around on your hard drive, of course... wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
JoMarch
(adding 'finish Snowflakes in (preferably early) 2004 ' to the top of her New Year's resolutions list)
Jo, I think I see where you're going wrong here. goofy Take it from an old procrastinating hand. What you say is "I promise faithfully to have this story done by year end." Just never say which year and they can't touch you.

Alternatively, take Elena's advice. Tell everyone you're going to be writing tomorrow. Then when they ask you the next day say, "I said tomorrow, not today..." Repeat as often as necessary. wink

Of course, having said this, if you take any of the above advice and we don't get Snowflakes by early 2004, I'll be booking a flight and ordering up a fresh two by four...

wildguy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
MissyG: I really need to know What's Love Got to Do With It. And did Martha get those Strangers on track? goofy

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I have been very busy though, what with this being my last semester at university, starting my masters degree
Hey, don't nag Jo too hard! I was in that same position in May, 2002. It is not easy to find time to write when you are finishing up a bachelor's degree and trying to start your master's degree. (now I am finished with my master's degree and trying to get a PhD -- what was I thinking? :rolleyes: ) It's not going to get much easier, Jo wink .

As for my New Years wishes . . .

I am not picky. There are a lot of stories I would like to read, but I don't want to single anyone out or leave anyone out smile . I just want *more* stories to read.

I have a couple of stories I would like to write in the next year, but I don't want to mention them for fear of getting nagged . . . I think there are only one or two people who know about them.

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pam - I want "K is for Kaethel", "L is for Lunatic", "M is for Mayhem", "N is for Naughty", "O is for Ordeal", "P is for Pain", "Q is for Quatastrophe" (sorry goofy ), "R is for Ruins", "S is for Slaughter", "T is for Tempus" and so on!!
ROFL! rotflol

Oh, I *love* those! <g> Thanks for the other suggestions, too, rivka and Julie! I had been planning a happy episodic adventure/burgeoning romance kinda thing, but now I see I've been thinking about it all wrong! eek I may need a co-author, though. Tank? El? Anyone? laugh

PJ
And, unless I think of anything more clever, K is for Knot Yet. smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Leela! Where the heck is Long Strange Trip?

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"knot yet"?! that's cheating! :p

maybe we should start a thread, or at least a list. well, i'll just braistorm..

k is for...

kryptonite
kent
kryptonian
kansas
knot-tieing
kneeling (to propose)
knighthood (or knight in shining armor)
karats
knowing/knowledge

k is also for...

krispy kreme
potassium (never understood why, but check the periodic table...)
kitchen
knives
kasha
knishes
kneading
kellog's
kiwis
killer
knocking
kevlar
kaethel
kathy
kaylle
karl
kowabunga!
kudos!

not to mention...

kryptonian knights named kent knocked around by kaethel (armed with keen kyptonite knives) until he kneeled (in front of the krispy kreme) to propose knot-tieing with lois, who nearly keeled over when she saw the karatage.

kooky potassium-eating paul

EDIT don't want to completely hijack the thread (sorry i don't have any resolutions for you guys... for myself, it's "finally catch up on all that fic you missed this year and maybe even start commenting on stuff while you're doing so"), but i realized after i logged off last night that i forgot a couple of things...

k is also for...

key (it feels like there should be a word or phrase havinig to do with "key" that means an important person in one's life, but i can't think of what it is. all i can come up with is "keystone.")

keep
keeping
keep away
keeper (as in "___'s a keeper" and maybe but probably not also as in "jailer")

(also, for the record, and in case anyone remembers those commercials, the pb in "pb max" doesn't stand for lead. wink )

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard