Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142355 12/04/03 09:40 AM
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Why, oh why, are there so many great installments of great stories being posted when I barely have time to visit the boards??? frown

I like giving feedback; I really do. I want to tell Kathy that Momentum is fantastic and Annie that Playing by Heart is wonderful, and Wendy that Date by Arrangement is WAFFy, and Nan that the new Home story is.... Well, you get the idea. But I haven't had any time to do any reading. frown

So, the point of this post is to apologise for not being up to date with feedback. (It's also to remind you that I really am still alive, here in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.) And it's also to whine and vent - just a little bit - about how I'm missing out on some fantastic stories. (Addicted looks like a great story, too, as well as....) (sigh)

Anyway, hope to be more active in January, and sorry to be absent now.

All the best,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#142356 12/04/03 09:47 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww, thanks, Irene! I don't think you are the only one in this boat right now, though. There are a ton of stories being posted right now and the reduced number of comments seems to indicate that everyone is too busy with Christmas shopping or whatnot (you know, having a life! <g>) to read. But hey, that's what the Archive is for, right? smile

Though I admit I am kicking myself for not starting to post M2 last month when things were slower ... last time I wait for winter to post a winter-themed story. goofy

And I hope things calm down enough for you to get back to your writing, too. I miss new stuff from you! smile

Kathy

#142357 12/04/03 11:34 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I'm wondering the same thing as Irene...

AnnaBtG. frown

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#142358 12/04/03 11:36 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
No, Irene, you definitely are not the only one wondering about this right now!

At slow times I'm grumbling about the dearth of stories on the boards, yet suddenly here I can't keep up! I haven't fallen *completely* behind on the reading yet, but I am several installments behind on Wendy's story right now - and I don't think that's *ever* happened to me before with a Wendy story! eek And Pam's, and Kathy's, and Annie's, and Barb's... ::sigh::

I'm managing a few feedback comments here and there, but nothing like what I want to give - and what I feel these wonderful authors deserve. notworthy

So maybe I'll use this post as my blanket thank you to everyone for their fantastic stories. I'm working hard to catch up, even as I try to fit it around the Christmas shopping or whatever (Kathy, why did you have to remind me that I had to start doing that??)

Many thanks to you all for keeping the L&C universe alive... [Linked Image]

Kathy smile

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#142359 12/04/03 11:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I wondered the same, as well.

Is this the typical 'end of the year' rush?? I started reading here this summer, and I've never seen it like this before.

I can't get over the good stuff being offered now. And am finding it hard to pull myself away, when I am really *supposed* to be a hundred other places.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#142360 12/04/03 12:11 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
We definitely understand. It's a busy time of year for everyone, and there are a lot of stories being posted. It's really not surprising that so many people are behind in reading/posting feedback.

I will admit that I panicked a bit at first and thought that everyone hated my story, but I gave myself a swift kick in the pants <G> and realized it was this way in the past, too. Anybody's Baby was my first story, and I finished posting it in early January. There were definitely sections were I next to no comments. At the time I figured people just didn't really care for it, but then it went on to win a kerth. So we know people are reading even if they don't have time to comment, and that if they don't have time to read now, they will eventually. It's not as exciting as posting a story and coming back six hours later to 25 comments, but it's cyclical. Those days will come again.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#142361 12/04/03 01:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, it's a busy time of year... all of us authors rushing to get our stories posted by the end of December, and all us readers getting terribly distracted by RL (not you, Roger)!

If it'll make you guys feel better, just remember that it is *never* too late for feedback. Send an email in a few months, and make someone's day smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#142362 12/04/03 02:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Indeed, indeed. To everyone who's posting right now, your stories are terrific! I can only post so much feedback at 3am (the only time I usually get to read) before I crash on the bed. :-p

Keep posting, guys!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#142363 12/04/03 06:45 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ditto!!! I'm drowning in new fanfic -- but what a way to go! laugh

I'm behind in my reading, and waaay farther behind in my fdking. :p And since I'm hoping that RL (not you Roger) will actually be busier starting mid-January, I can't even promise to catch up then. huh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#142364 12/05/03 12:16 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm another person in the same boat. dizzy
I'm way behind on reading and commenting. frown

I apologize to everyone posting at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up after this coming weekend.

Tricia cool

#142365 12/05/03 12:43 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This brings a question to mind. I've been away from FoLCdom over the summer and autumn and have just been sucked back in! wink I was going to have a look through the boards and see what I missed. However, I was wondering - after part/story has been posted for a while, but before it's made it to the Archive, do authors, and other board users, appreciate/mind, what may be quite 'old' threads, being brought back to the top?

I was just wondering. Thanks.

Loriel (off to start catching up on fic)

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#142366 12/05/03 12:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, much as I love all the wonderful fic being posted at the moment, I have no time to comment on it all! frown I wanted to post long, exuberant and flattering comments to CC when she finished And Back Again, but still haven't had time to go back and do it justice.

Irene, of course we miss you!! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#142367 12/05/03 01:04 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy,

Don't worry. I want to assure you there is no time-limit on anything "long,exuberant, and flattering..." wink

CC (waiting patiently- hee hee)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#142368 12/05/03 03:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tell me about it! It's been driving me crazy. <g> I've barely had enough time to keep up with doing TOCs for those stories posted where the authors don't, never mind get to actually read any of them!! Finally the stress of trying to keep up got the better of me and I just had to throw in the towel and forget about it until I have more free time. Been suffering terrible guilt pangs ever since. laugh

I don't think I've ever seen so much fic around at this time of year. Way to go all you authors!

It's had a great knock-on effect on the Archive too. We're always busy in November/December of course, but this year has been absolute mayhem <g>, as our hardworking GEs will testify to. They've been working their little cotton socks off; bless them all. I reckon they all deserve medals. clap clap

Course, you know what we're like - greedy for more and never get enough. So if you've still got a story you haven't submitted - what are you waiting for? laugh

Loriel - welcome back! And I'd echo, Wendy - sometimes late feedback can make an author's day. Week. Year... laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#142369 12/05/03 08:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
you know, i hadn't really thought about it. i just thought it was the normal amount of fic and i was getting behind because i can't log on very often here (and because i was already behind from when i wasn't feeling well enough to really read). good to hear i'm not the only one.

and hey, maybe i'll wait a bit extra before posting my next fic (it's done, but being BRed). it's a short one, but i was planning to hold it for a january upload anyway. maybe i'll hold off posting here until january, too.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard