Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What could I add to all the wonderful praise the other FoLC have already written down?

Tricia, I've told you - privately - a few times, but not often enough, how much I appreciate the time and effort you contribute to help me get my writing in tip-top condition. thumbsup

So how about a special day for them too? An appreciation day for the FDK bunch?
wave

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To someone that has BRed and GEed several stories for me: LabRat. Thanks a lot for your patience. I know I can be pretty annoying <G>
ROTFL! No way; you were a pussycat. laugh

Besides, as we GEs always like to say - we'd much, much rather GE for an author who cares enough for their story that they want to make sure that every detail is right, than for one who doesn't care at all. smile

And let's not forget LabRat, who very graciously agreed to BR my first story; even though I sent it to her out of the blue, without asking nicely first. Still can't believe I did that! My only defense is that at that time I hadn't a clue how important a lady in this Fandom she actually is!
rotflol Important? /me chokes on her Pepsi. Now, Ursie, let's not get carried away here. <g> And I'm mighty glad you did do it! Anytime. smile

LabRat smile (who doesn't remember not being asked nicely at all...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
This has been such a fun thread to read. I only wish I had been able to compile my thoughts yesterday instead of posting a day late, but BRs are the gift that keeps on giving, so the compliments to them can be, too. smile

I've had so many BRs that have helped me, and I almost hate to make a list because I'm sure that I will leave people off accidentally. But there are certain names that really stick out in my mind and I just have to mention them.

My very first BR was a wonderful woman who is no longer with us, the late WAFFyBarb, who read through "Camping with Clark" and my other early nfics, and educated me on things like "showing instead of telling" and breaking up long stretches of dialogue with physical descriptions. smile

My most important and invaluable early BR, however, was Sheila Harper. Words can't even express how much she helped me with my writing in those early years, from talking me through grammar and punctuation rules that apparently had disappeared from my mind once I left college <g> to helping me with plotting and characterization issues, both by brainstorming and by setting such a shining example with her own fanfic.

More recently, I've developed relationships with other BRs, who have also been worth their weight in gold:

Wendy Richards who offered to look at "When Friends Become Lovers" after it had languished on Demi's and my hard drives for years, pushed aside as we each took on other stories and projects (and in Demi's case, even other fandoms!) If Wendy hadn't been so encouraging, I don't know that I ever would have finished the story, let alone gone on to write a sequel (and hopefully still another sequel!)

Sarah Luddy who agreed to be conscripted to read Momentum for me when Annie got overloaded with real life and whose comments never failed to have me ROTFL.

Pam Jernigan who is my most recent "go to girl" and a great mirror for my view of the characters!

And, of course, AnnieM who frequently shares my brain wink and who never fails to listen to me ramble on about some scene, idea or frustration, only to tell me "send me what you have!" when I've written myself into a corner. smile

But beyond these people who have helped me, I feel the need to extend a huge thank you to all those authors who have allowed me to BR one or more of their stories for them over the years ... Pam Jernigan, AnnieM, Meredith Knight, Erin Klingler, Wendy Richards, Sheila Harper ... and so many more. You have given me so many hours of pleasure by letting me read your stories while they were being written and allowing me to enter into a dialogue with you about my thoughts. That is the biggest joy for me in fanfic. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, i don't have any regular BRs and i don't want to insult anyone by forgetting. so, i'm going to leave it generic (and probably boring). the important thing is that their help has been invaluable. not only do they catch a variety of errors and suggest improvements, they also give me their reactions. it lets me know what works and what doesn't, and, more importantly, it helps me find the confidence to post. there are a few stories out there which i'd never have posted if not for the enouragement of a BR.

i'd also like to thank our GEs. it's amazing what they do, carefully reading through every story that comes their way, checking closely for all sorts of things, and then working with the authors to make things better. as many as i've worked with, i've never had a bad experience with a GE, and i've always been impressed with their patience, dedication, and civility.

as a group, they've done a huge amount towards improving the quality of the stories on the archive. i can't imagine how many typeos, grammar errors, and other mistakes they've collectively caught over the years...

so, thanks to all the BRs and GEs out there! bottom line, you make our stories better.

Paul

p.s. wendy- don't worry. last i heard, i was the only male GE, and i'm no longer active. besides, it's a nice happy pic, and it's the thought that counts. smile

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard