Print Thread
#142244 11/16/03 11:27 AM
L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Sorry. I didn't get finished with the chapter.

Things are really crazy, and my youngest now stays awake til 9:30 - 10 - after which point, I crash.

I will work from home next week, and this time, I vow to work on it (rather than napping)

Leela

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#142245 11/16/03 12:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol... Leela, I appreciate your efforts to keep us apprised, but please, don't worry about us turning into an angry mob! smile Get it written when you can, then post it, and we'll all be here to devour it. goofy I know I get really excited to see a new chapter... (or at least I think I do, it's been a while! laugh )

Seriously, don't stress on our account. Whenever you manage to post again, it will be a terrific bonus in my day -- but in the meantime I'll keep on enjoying all the other fun stories and threads and *not* mutter dire threats beneath my breath <g>

Take care!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#142246 11/21/03 01:33 PM
L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thank you pam.

I feel an enormous amount of self inflicted guilt - which actually hampers my creative process.

The problem is this: I've been writing software 9-10 hrs a day. And then ... well - being with the kids.

And so I crash at night when they do, and i'm still always tired.

But this ends soon. The deadline is coming, and it will soon be better, and then, as you've seen, I can sometimes post 2-3 chapters in a week.

I promise it's on my mind daily, but I can't force it either - otherwise, it sounds wrong, and I end up scrapping it.

Oh well - duty calls (daughters are calling for me to turn on the water for their bath!)

Pam, your words were very soothing and helped me a lot!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#142247 11/22/03 07:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I feel an enormous amount of self inflicted guilt - which actually hampers my creative process.
Been there, been hampered by that wink

Mental exercise -- if this story was being written by someone else, and you were just reading it, would you be furious at the author? Gosh, I hope not! goofy Give yourself a break, okay? You're doing the best you can. Unless, of course, you're actually lounging on a couch somewhere, watching soaps and eating bon-bons, in which case I take it all back wink

Good luck with your deadlines!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard