Next Thread
Print Thread
#141750 09/27/03 11:25 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

I'm looking for a story.

Clark comes to The Daily planet. He is a famous writer and his new book is about investigating reporters and ask he could assign to a reporter to gain inside knowledge.

Need the title.

MAF
help

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#141751 09/27/03 12:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That description makes me think of two stories, and they've both been taken off our archives for plagiarism. dizzy You're probably looking for "Alternate Beginnings" by ChrisH, but Brenda had one along those lines, too (Truth or Consequences?), except I think Lois was assigned to cover Clark in that one...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#141752 09/27/03 04:34 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

I only found the first 3 part of.

'ALTERNATE BEGINNINGS' By Chris H.

Does someone have that story that can e-mail?

MAF frown

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#141753 09/27/03 08:45 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Not to be a party pooper or anything - I know how frustrating it can be to want a story very badly and know it's not available any more razz - but remember that redistributing stories requires permission from the author in question. smile

If the story was taken off for plagiarism, not only is it harder to get in touch with the "author", since they generally don't stick around, but redistributing their "work" brings in a copyright problem all the same, whether they're still around or not. And if, a much more innocent reason, the author decided to take their story off the websites to rework on it, it seems only fair that they're asked for permission before their story is passed around. When the story is available off a *non*-password protected site (so nfics are entirely different - *no* distribution whatsoever, for legal reasons), I guess it's fine to email it to gain time, but if it's not available, there's usually a reason. smile

Sorry for this small legal interlude. I know no-one means any harm, and we all want to find the stories we've loved and can't find any more for our enjoyment, but... frown

Kaethel smile
Boards Administrator

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard