Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Okay... a clue: the note is one that Lois shouldn't have read in the first Season laugh

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The Letter by Laura Davies AKA Brightfeather.

Be back in a bit with another relevation.

Ok here goes:
A huge wave of voices rose as the doors shut behind the man in blue and
red. Then the lights went out, the uproar quieted as they were plunged
into complete darkness. It wasn't long before you could hear the hum of
power returning and the lights flickered a bit as they came back on, Lois
saw a very suspicious grouping at the side door as she looked around.
Walking over to the three men it clicked in her head why she thought the
grouping was suspicious. So, when she reached them and their conversation
stopped abruptly, she was ready to step into the awkward silence with a
simple sentence, "I know you know."
Clark was the first to recover from this statement and
checking to see if they could be overheard asked, "You know what, Lois?"
She just smiled sweetly, and by that smile Clark
knew what her next words were going to be. "Oh, just who everyone is in their
skivvies, their long underwear if you
know what I mean, that's all."

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Jose, for directing me to the fact that this one was languishing. <G>

Well, I had to cheat and look it up on the Archive search engine:

Misadventures in Crime-Fighting by Marnie. wink

Okay, back soon with a new one.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, one with a twist. I've no idea by this point what's already been posted, so....

He gulped. "Hi," he said, wrenching his gaze back to his wife and keeping his eyes fixed on her face. Maybe if he pretended not to notice
the cape ... "Sorry I'm late. Is Superman still here?" He craned his neck to look into the room, ostensibly not seeing the discarded clothing.

"Not any more ..." said Lois huskily, stepping back to let him enter. She was holding the cape closed with one hand.

"Sorry I missed him," said Clark, wondering why Lois was wearing that cape. She was angry, he could see that.

"That's okay," said Lois coolly. "We ... got started without you."

Lois was watching him closely, clearly expecting something from him.

Apparently not getting the response she anticipated, she ran one hand down her arm, caressing the cape where it touched her and drawing Clark's eyes.

Clark shifted his weight, wondering what the wisest course would be--should he keep on pretending he didn't see the cape?

Yeah, sure. A guy can't walk into a hotel room to find his wife wrapped up in Superman's cape and not notice, Kent.

Especially when he'd like nothing more than to put his hands on it and open it ... slowly. Visions from an old fantasy came back to him and he felt a drop of sweat roll down the back of his neck.

"Well, that's good," he said cheerfully. "I hope you got some questions answered."

"I didn't ask questions," said Lois. "We ... didn't get around to that." She wrapped the cape around her more tightly and looked down at herself, clearly waiting for him to notice her apparel.

He searched for something to say about it. "Uh, nice cape, Lois," he said finally.

"It's Superman's," she confessed, meeting his eyes squarely.

"Oh ..." he said faintly. "Uh ..." recovering, "nice of him to lend
it to you."

"I would be cold otherwise," she said, looking pointedly at her clothing on the floor.

Could a guy, assuming that he's *not* really Superman, catch his wife wearing Superman's cape and not get mad?

Probably not.

She must be trying to make him jealous.
Hmmmmmmmm...maybe I should have saved this for Memorable Moments. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice choice, Rat smile

Lois Finds Out, by Mobile Richard. Another one of my favourites smile

Now, I haven't a clue what's been posted so far, so apologies if this has been done already...

Wanting to speak, and yet not knowing what to say, how to express her confusion and shame, and yet still carrying remnants of anger over his manipulation of her, she was taken by surprise when his hands tightened around hers. "Lois..." His voice was husky. "I... I can't lie to you.
Not any more. But... first... I have to do this..."

Uncertain. Vulnerable. So completely unsure of himself and of her likely reaction... she stared at him, barely able to believe that the man standing so close to her was the invulnerable, powerful, confident Super-hero she thought she'd known so well.

Now it all made sense. He'd wanted her to love Clark, the ordinary man, when all she'd been able to see was the extraordinary powers and the flashy Suit.

Her initial rage subsided as she took that in. And that explained so much - including his manipulative behaviour earlier. He'd behaved like any man she'd ever known... but that was because he *was* just an ordinary guy, with fears and vulnerabilities just like anyone else. Just like her. It didn't completely excuse what he'd done, but it did explain it, at least in part. Yes, Superman had feet of clay; but then, he was just a man, after all.

"What?" she asked in a soft whisper.

"This..." One hand freed itself and came up to cup her chin lightly. "Because once I tell you the truth, you're never going to let me anywhere near you again..."

He was scared. He was terrified of what her reaction might be to the disclosure of his identity! Incredulous, Lois stared up at him.

Okay, she might well still be angry that he'd deceived her. He had, after all, pretended to be two different men for the past year, weaving his way into her life and her affections as both of them. Making her care about *both* Clark and Superman. On the other hand, she knew without a
shadow of a doubt, what choice had he had? If he'd told her right at the start, wouldn't she have seen it as the story of the century? And if he'd told her later...

Oh, she understood all right. Now his words to her earlier made perfect sense. If he'd told her later, wouldn't she have been delighted? After all, she'd been making it clear that she was romantically interested in Superman. And Superman, in the shape of Clark, would have been there for the taking.

And it was obvious, from what he'd said to her earlier and from his skittishness in the past half-hour, that he wanted her to love him as Clark. Not as Superman.

And he loved her. He'd told her so, in both guises, even though it had almost killed him to do so.

And now he was afraid that she was going to reject him. And why wouldn't he think that? She'd given him no reason to believe anything else.

Quickly, before caution could get the better of her, she brought her hands up to slide over the smooth planes of his face. "Kiss me, Clark," she whispered.
Sara [ jump ing that she actually knew one wink ]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Desperate Measures by Wendy Richards and Kaethel.

Here's the next one! smile

Clark bent down silently and captured my lips with his own. Our kiss started out slowly, each of us exploring the other's lips, then it became much more passionate. I felt a bolt of electricity between us as soon as our lips met. When I parted my lips, his tongue slipped into my mouth and we explored each other's mouths for a long time. Clark kisses so well, I can't believe I hadn't taken advantage of this talent before. Now that all of our inhibitions were gone, I turned to lie on my stomach on top of him. His hands had somehow found their way under my shirt, and I shook when I felt his hands against my bare skin. I untucked his shirt and began to unbutton it. As suddenly as we started, Clark stopped me while I tried to undo the first button. Oops, I had forgotten, Clark didn't know I knew about Superman yet. He was probably worried that I would find the Superman suit under his shirt.

I finally had to get this out into the open. I covered his hand with my other hand and declared, "Clark, don't worry. I know."
Tricia cool

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard