Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Starting a new thread with my smoochie from the previous one, as it was getting pretty long...

And here's a new one:

Lois glanced over at him. He wasn't looking at the city - he was watching her.

Afterwards, Lois couldn't say who moved first, but suddenly she found herself in Clark's arms as each explored the other's mouth with an urgency that took Lois completely by surprise. Was it because of the excitement of the day or this undeniable sense of connection she had with Clark? She didn't know, but at this moment, she didn't care. All she knew was that in less than twenty-four hours she would be on an airplane that would take her away from this man for good.

After a few minutes of frantic activity on the part of both Lois and Clark, both suddenly pulled back. They stood staring into each
others' eyes for a moment, both fighting to catch their breath. Neither knew quite knew what had happened and, as a result, neither knew quite how to break the silence. Finally, Clark seemed to find his voice.

"I found you a t-shirt," he said.

One side of Lois' mouth crept up. If he wanted to talk about the t-shirt right now, their kiss had obviously affected him as much as it had her - if not more. She slowly closed the distance separating them. When she was within a foot of him, she gently reached up and
placed her hand on the soft fir covering his face. She slowly explored his face with her hand while staring into his eyes.

Clark knew the instant that she touched his face that he was in trouble. Years of carefully avoiding any and all emotional attachments went up in smoke. No matter what he did now, he belonged to the woman standing in front of him.

"God, Lois," he whispered. "You have no idea how much I want to make love to you."
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Cause And Effect by ML Thompson.

Here's the next one! smile

But then his arms came gently around her waist, supporting her against him, and his lips softened under hers as he returned the kiss. Her lips parted under the pressure of his,and daringly she allowed her tongue to dart forward, touching the corner of his mouth lightly.

He uttered some sort of sound deep in his throat and tightened his grasp on her a little, and a frisson of shock shot through her as she realised that his own tongue was feeling its way awkwardly into her mouth. She parted her lips further to allow him greater access, sliding one hand up into his hair. It was much softer than she'd
imagined.

As the kiss deepened, he seemed to find their respective positions on the sofa rather awkward, for his hands gripped her waist lightly but firmly and he lifted her up to pull her over onto his lap. She hadn't been expecting his movement, and flailed wildly in mid-air for a moment before trying to steady herself with a grab at his chest.
Surprisingly, she caught him unawares, and he tumbled back into the cushions with her falling on top of him, ending up lying in his lap with her face inches from his.
Tricia cool

K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
I found it! This is from Brief Encounter, by Wendy and Yvonne. One of the very first stories I read, and always a favorite smile

Okay, here's a fun story smile ...

Lois gave herself over totally to the kiss. Clark was on one knee next to the big chair, one hand cupping her face, lips covering hers gently. She reached her hands up to hold his face, loving the feel of his lips on hers.

<He's trying to sidetrack you!>

<Who cares?>

The kiss deepened and it was some time before the two finally pulled back.

"Uh, Clark. Wow! I don't know what to say. What was that for?"

"Because it might be the last kiss I ever give you."
Kaylle laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's from Carol M's "A Friendly Little Game Of..."

Hoping that she would at least think about what he was
saying, he held tightly onto her hands and waited.

Then suddenly she freed her hands from his grasp, instead
framing his face between her palms, and her lips were on
his.

Startled, at first all he could do was sit, frozen, as she
kissed him with increasing desperation. Then, as his brain
processed what was happening, he brought his hands up to
grasp her shoulders, to push her gently away from him...

...and he realised that he couldn't do it. In Lois's
currently vulnerable state, she'd interpret it as
rejection. And he couldn't do that to her. There was no way
that he could explain his reasoning in any way that she'd
understand; not now. She simply wasn't allowing herself to
think rationally - or, at least, she thought she was being
entirely rational, but her thinking was clearly based on a
set of false premises and deep, deep hurt.

Was it? Or was he simply rationalising it that way because
it was what he wanted to believe? Because it would allow
him to justify being close to - being *intimate* with -
Lois? Was there some selfish motive underneath his
apparently noble thoughts?

Torn between returning her kiss and pushing her away, he
remembered her face as she'd looked at him, pleading with
him. The way she'd looked at him when she'd told him about
the party and that *moron* who'd insulted her. And the way
she'd cried as she'd told him. Her self-confidence was
crushed. Her faith in herself as a desirable woman was
destroyed.

No, if he pushed her away now, it was entirely possible
that he could lose her entirely. She'd never forget it, and
probably never forgive him for what she would certainly see
as his acquiescence with her previous lovers' judgements on
her.

He could kiss her back. That would be a sign that he wasn't
rejecting her, wouldn't it? And it should tell her that he
found her attractive, shouldn't it? Did he really need to
take it all the way, and risk hurting Lois further, and
potentially destroying their friendship?

A kiss. After all, a kiss wasn't anything especially new in
their friendship. He'd kissed her before, and they'd
carried on as normal, putting it behind them. A kiss
wouldn't be a problem.

So instead, he curved his hands around her shoulders and
held her close to him, parting his lips and accepting her
kiss. Where her movements were desperate, his were loving
and patient. Slowly, she calmed in his arms and she began
to respond to his cues, her kisses changing until she was
matching his slow and deliciously intimate tasting of her
lips.

It wasn't the first time that he'd kissed Lois, of course.
He'd kissed her as both Clark and as Superman. But it was
the first time that a kiss was - at least in the mind of
one of them - a prelude to something more. And he knew, by
the way that Lois was now pressing her body against him,
that she saw it that way.

And he wanted her too...
I know it's kind of long, but I love the story and couldn't help myself.

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
w00t! I'm pretty sure that this is "Happy New Tears" by Wendy Richards. Fabulous story, by the way Wendy.

Um... hmmm, I hadn't considered which excerpt I'm going to post yet... I'll get back to you.

-Jo (who's excited she found an excerpt she could reply to smile )

**** Several moments later ****

Okay I got one!

"Wait a minute," objected Clark. "I say we settle this the old fashioned way," he said.

Before she could wonder what he meant by 'the old fashioned way', he had flipped her over onto the couch and begun tickling her. She squirmed against his hands.

"Oh, so that's the way you want it, is it?" she laughed.

"You bet it is," he answered, smiling in response to her laughter.

She'd struggled to get his hands away from her stomach but the laughter was preventing any effective defense. When she'd realized she wasn't making any progress, she had reached for him, attempting to tickle him back. He had smiled, almost as if he knew he wasn't ticklish. Then a shocked look appeared on his face and his hands quit tickling her in an effort to protect himself. She pushed on as Clark began to laugh. Her amusement grew as tears rolled down Clark's cheeks. It didn't take long for her to reverse their fortunes. Soon Lois was the one on top while Clark lay on the couch, begging for mercy.

"Say uncle," she instructed through her own laughter.

"Uncle, uncle," he gasped immediately.

"I win," Lois announced, sitting back on his legs and watching the still chuckling man below her. "I told you I like to be on top," she added with a grin.

She watched the expression on Clark's face change when she said the final phrase. It was amazing the amount of desire he was capable of communicating without saying a word. It was as if Lois had no choice but to do what she did next - leaning over to kiss him. The kiss escalated quickly, as they were doing more and more often over the past couple of days. Lips searching; hands exploring; bodies aching. Lois couldn't exactly recall how they'd ended up in the bedroom, sprawled across the bed. What she did remember was the moment she'd pulled back. Why had she done that? He was her husband and she had wanted to be with him more than she'd ever wanted to be with a man. Yet, for some reason, she'd panicked. Clark remained understanding. It was she who wasn't understanding anymore. On their wedding night it might have made sense. After all, until then she'd only ever allowed herself to think about Clark as a friend. But in the last few days she'd been having problems thinking about anything that didn't involve her, Clark and a bed.
/me sighs. Definitely a good scene, from an even better fic.

-Jo

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, considering I think I have most of this story memorized (I've read it so many times), I can't resist answering. ML Thompson's fantastic First Comes Marriage. [Linked Image]

OK, here's another wonderful excerpt, from a different path that the BatP/HoL arc could have taken, that day in the park...

Lois's senses were drowning. The feeling of Clark's lips stroking hers was sending a heady rush down her spine, making it impossible to think beyond the realm of sensations assaulting her. She couldn't believe it was happening...it couldn't *be* happening...it wasn't happening...oh god, Clark....

At their own volition, her hands came up to frame his face, but they didn't push him away. Instead, they explored the smooth skin of his cheeks, the firm set of his jaw, the silken mass of his hair, and she sighed against his mouth as he deepened the kiss in response to her unhurried caress.

She should pull *away*. Pull away and scream, yell at him, hit him, possibly murder him with an axe or something. The guy had no shame at all! She couldn't believe his gall, kissing her so wonderfully when she'd just told him she didn't...oh, goodness...

His lips left hers for a moment to trail a moist path down her throat, and she gasped in pleasure, heedless of anyone who could see or hear them in this very public place. She'd just turned him down, for heaven's sake! He should have looked miserable, stiffened his stance, and gone away to lick his wounds, not...not kiss her so delicately and lovingly...and make her entire world spin out of control...

His mouth returned to hers, ravaging her lips with a passion that left her breathless and begging for more of his exquisite touch. His hands roamed up her back, tangling in her hair and pulling her closer, and she was lost, lost to the sensations crashing through her in waves, lost to the feelings assailing her as his kiss took her further away from reality.
Kathy smile

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Nothing To Lose by Kaethel.

This is from one of my favourite stories. smile

Her kiss was tentative at first, growing more assured as she felt his response. He wrapped his arms securely around her, closed his eyes, and gave himself up to pure sensation. Her scent was all around him, warmer and somehow spicier than usual, and her heartbeat was keeping
time with his. He could feel her soft lips against his, and taste her... He ran his tongue across her full bottom lip, and her mouth opened, inviting him deeper. Gently, he probed the warm cavern of her mouth, stroking one hand up her spine to the nape of her neck. As his hand met the bare skin of her shoulders she shuddered and moaned, arching her back against him. Every cell in his body was alive with his desire for this beautiful woman...

Somewhere in the dim recesses of his brain, Clark became aware that warning bells were sounding. He didn't know what had sparked the sudden intimacy between them, and if things got out of control... would Lois ever speak to him again? He lifted his head and took a deep breath, willing himself back to earth again. Lois murmured in protest;
then he felt her lips against his throat, and her hand stroked tantalisingly across his chest. He grasped her hand and lifted it to his cheek. "Lois... we should stop," he said breathlessly.
Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, great choice, Tricia! A Closet Encounter, by Meredith Knight...

Lois listened to Clark's explanation with growing impatience. She knew how hard this had been for him...she had figured that part out already! Her anger was gone and she wished he would just shut up and do something. She eyed him as he talked, his face flushing as he squirmed in his seat. She had been preening herself on kissing Superman, but the real triumph had been in succeeding in breaking through her shy partner's defenses, she suddenly realized.

And now she was going to have to do it all over again. A horrible thought occurred to her. Maybe he doesn't want me! Maybe I really did force myself on him! Then the memories rushed in...Superman's hot kisses, Clark's blind nuzzling on the night of the stakeout. She grew warm and found herself looking away. Well, if he really wants me, why doesn't he shut up and kiss me? Finally she could stand it no longer.

"Clark, you talk too much," she said.

"Wha...?" Clark's mouth hung open as Lois slid over to him and put her arms around his neck, giving him that glowing look that she had previously reserved exclusively for Superman and that the Clark Kent side of him had only begun to catch glimpses of in recent weeks.

"Clark," she said huskily, "you're not going to make me come on to you *again*, are you?"

"I..." Clark gasped, his eyes almost starting from his head. He began to stammer something so disjointed that Lois couldn't help smiling.

She edged closer, running her hands up the back of his neck and plunging her fingers into his thick hair. Clark closed his eyes, hardly able to take a breath. Unable to contain himself any longer, he snatched her to his chest and brought his mouth down on hers. Lois sighed and gave herself up to the moment.
PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This quote's from Date With a Stranger by Mobile Richard.

Here's the new quote:

"As I love you." I lower my head again, claiming her lips
for one more sweet kiss.

"Clark." She breaks the kiss to look enquiringly at me.
"Why were you still there? Outside, I mean? I thought I was
going to have to follow you to your apartment."

I blush. "I... couldn't leave, Lois. I was fighting with
myself, because I wanted to do exactly what you did. I
hated myself for leaving the way I did, for not having the
courage to... to..."

"To kiss me?" she finished, her voice teasing.

"Yeah." I bend and kiss the smile on her lips.

"And I hated myself for letting you go. So... I came after
you."

I enfold her in my arms, and she lays her head against my
shoulder. "And you caught me," I tell her. "And I caught
you - and I'm not going to let you go."

"Good," she murmurs. And then neither of us say anything
else for a long time.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, it's the beautifully waffy Friends and Lovers, by Wendy Richards. smile

Here's another one:

"Oh, Clark!" Lois dropped the forgotten TV guide and rushed across the intervening space to throw herself into his arms. "Oh, my god, I was so afraid that I might lose you." She began to shower him with tiny, quick kisses about his face and neck as the tears began to flow in earnest from her eyes.

Clark stumbled briefly when Lois first launched herself into his arms but he instinctively wrapped his arms around her to hold her off the floor. It was obvious that he had no idea what was happening or why. His mind was in such a confused state that he couldn't even enjoy the attention Lois was giving him. He finally had to pry her away from him enough for him to look at her.

"Lois?" In his confusion he searched for coherent thoughts but only one name came to mind. "Luthor?"

Lois looked back through the veil of her tears. "He's dead. Jumped off his own penthouse balcony. I saw the whole thing, it was really pretty awful." She resumed kissing him.

Clark forced her back again. "Did you ... I mean are you ...?"

"No, we're not married. I stopped the wedding just before Perry and Henderson and his men came charging in like the light brigade. Lex got away from the police and since he couldn't escape, and couldn't face the prospect of prison, he jumped." She snuck another quick kiss. "Oh, Clark, you don't know how scared I was . You were in that coma and then those vile researchers wanted to dissect you, and ... "

"Lois?" Clark walked over and placed Lois on the couch, sitting down next to her. He plucked at his tights, and fingered his bandage again. He looked up at Lois questioningly. "What happened?"
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know, I know, I know! Without using google wink This is Tank Wilson's angsty Dark Revelation .

For lack of time, this was the first thing that came to my mind:

"I know. This time might have been different. Maybe it wouldn't have turned into a disaster. But now --"

How it happened, she didn't know, but suddenly his arms were around her and she was burying her face against his shoulder. Somehow, here she could almost ignore the fate that was bearing down on them, bringing destruction to everything the human race had achieved during its elatively short run on the planet. What they could have had would never be, now. The world as they knew it was about to change in a way that no one could imagine.

It wasn't something she consciously decided to do, but she found herself lifting her head from his shoulder and almost without her own volition, placed a palm on either side of his face and kissed him.

The kiss lasted for what seemed like forever and yet, oddly, it was over too quickly. His body tensed suddenly; the arms that held her tightened for an instant and she felt him lift his head. She opened her eyes to see him looking intently at her with an expression in his dark eyes that seemed composed of both astonishment and discovery.

<...>

He shook his head and placed a finger across her lips. "No," he said. "It's not over yet, Lois." Quickly he leaned down and kissed her again. "Go home," he told her. "Go back to the Planet. I'll be back; I promise. Just remember what I said -- and what you said." He stepped away from her and she watched, half-puzzled.
Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Blogger
Blogger
Yay! I got one! That was Nan Smith's "Four Days to Nightfall"

Here's one of my favorites:

It took all her concentration not to burst out
laughing, then and there. Even harder to control was the urge
to giggle when he initially stood like a statue under the
onslaught of her caresses and whispers against the side of his
neck.

The humor of the situation abruptly disappeared
when Clark gave an agonized groan and crushed her against
his chest, murmuring how worried he'd been the entire time
she'd been missing. Lois suddenly had difficulty hanging on
to her anger, much less remain amused, in the face of the
pain she heard in his voice. Instead, she found herself
comforting HIM, convincing him everything was okay,
persuading him she was safe and sound, while continuing to
hold him and be held by him.

Only after an absolutely soul-shattering kiss which
left Lois even more breathless and shaken than she already
was, did Clark seem convinced she was okay.

A lot he knew.

She watched bemused as he collected his wits and
desperately tried not to stare at her outfit, all the while
attempting to maneuver her out of his bedroom and into the
living room.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Clark's Response by B.B Medos

"The phone is over there," she told him, pointing in the general
direction of the phone.
Clark dialed the number and requested the cab. "They said it
would be about 20 minutes until they can get one here."
"Let's sit here on the couch then for a little while. I was
hoping for a chance to tell you how much I enjoyed this evening."
Lois told him as she put her hand on the couch to show him where she
wanted him to sit.
Clark removed his jacket and sat down beside her. "It was a
wonderful evening wasn't it." Clark put his arm around her as they
sat there and commented on the evening.
Lois rested her head on his shoulder as silence set in. It had
been a full week for her and she was tired. Her eyes drifted shut as
she thought of the evening they had spent together. Even though she
tried to desperately to stop it, she yawned.
"I guess that's my cue to leave" Clark whispered as he began to
untangle himself from Lois and her couch. "Seriously though Lois,
I'd love to do this, or something similar, with you again."
"We still have Valentine's Day."
"This was supposed to be our Valentine's Day," Clark reminded
her... "How about a movie tomorrow night?"
"Sounds good to me." Lois replied as cheerfully as she could
between yawns.
Clark stood, and helped Lois to her feet. "Now don't go falling
asleep in that beautiful dress," he teased. "I'll call you tomorrow
to set up a time." He picked up his jacket and walked over to her
front door with Lois right behind him. As he reached the door he
turned around rather abruptly. "Oh, just one more thing, Lois."
Clark took her in his arms, held her close, and kissed her gently and
passionately. It was something he had wanted to do from the moment
he saw her in that red dress. "Good night, Lois," he whispered.
Lois opened her eyes as he let go of her. He turned back toward
the door and opened it. Lois was still feeling pleasantly giddy from
his kiss. "Clark," she called softly. Reaching out to put her arms
around him as he turned back to face her. She stood on tip-toe and
returned his kiss, with a bit of her own passion. "Good night."

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
I'll admit I googled this one, because the thread was dying and we can't have that <g>

This is Nancy Merkle's "A Planet Valentine Story."

Let's try this one, with my apologies if we've used it already...
But suddenly, inexplicably, Clark found himself once again face to face with a slightly defiant looking Lois Lane, who had slipped around and in front of him. He saw her eyes glistening with
moisture, though her head was held high and then, somehow, they were kissing again. Hungrily, their hands urgently exploring one another's bodies, in the most incredibly sensual way and in the midst of so many other dancing couples. It was absolutely primal, exhilaratingly exquisite. And then it was over. Almost as suddenly as she had embraced him, Lois stood back.
Kaylle smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Heaven's Prisoners by Demi.

Here's the next one. smile

Lois smiled when suddenly one of Clark's hands came up to her cheek before he leaned in to kiss her. Their lips lightly brushed against each others. Clark instantly realized his mistake. If he thought she looked and smelt incredible, it was nothing compared to the way she tasted. He leaned back in for a second kiss. This time, Lois' arms found their way around his neck and her hands slipped into his hair. He groaned, lost in the sensations of her love for him - finding there, as he always had, a world where nothing existed except the two of them.

His hands seemed to gain a mind of their own, as he sought to learn the secrets of his wife's body all over again. She seemed to melt into his touch. He released her mouth, his hands coming up to her face. His fingertips lightly traced the lines of the beloved face that had haunted him, both awake and asleep, from the moment he'd first laid eyes on it. After a leisurely exploration, his fingers left her face to trace their way down her throat. He alternated between using his fingertips and his knuckles - soaking up the soft noises coming from the back of her throat in response to his touch. Her hands continued to trace their way over his chest and across his rib cage - leaving a series of complicated patterns in their wake. He closed his eyes when her hands finally came down to rest on the top button on his pants.
Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh! One of my favourites! The People v. Clark Kent by ML Thompson <g>.

Okay, now I'm gonna go and dig one up <g>.

*Ten minutes later*

Okay! Another one of my favourites, and among the first batch of fanfics I ever read - one of the ones that assured I'd be coming back smile Maybe the quote is a little big, but hey....it's amazing stuff!

She noticed that he seemed to immediately surrender to her, his mouth fusing itself to hers over and over again. 'Not attracted to me, my foot,' she thought with an inward, satisfied grin. Who did he think he was kidding? Clark Kent was like putty in her hands.

Speaking of hands, she realized belatedly that his had come up to cradle her face. She could feel the warm skin of his palms pressed against her cheeks and his thumbs gently sweeping across her cheekbones. She couldn't help it; she
shivered at the tender touch.

He must have sensed her reaction, because at that exact moment, he took the kiss deeper, and before she knew it, she'd allowed him to coax her mouth open wider. At the first inquisitive nudge of his tongue against her bottom lip, every nerve ending in her came alive, and she felt her body dissolve into the amazing rush of sensation that swept through her. Every instinct she possessed was urging her to surrender to this powerful connection that had suddenly developed between them.
Sorry if somebody posted this before...I obviously didnt catch it smile

~ Sara [re-reading that fic laugh ]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Proven With A Kiss by Tracey.

This is another one of my favourites. smile

"Kiss me. I need you to kiss me..."

And he obliged. As his head came down to cover hers in a kiss which spoke of contrition and passion and adoring love, Lois slid her arms up around Clark's, neck, burying her fingers in his hair. It was a kiss which melted away pain and which reaffirmed their love, and which left her
feeling secure once more in the love of the man who meant most to her in the whole world.

A kiss of healing.

And a kiss of molten desire, making her cling to him and bury her face in his neck when it ended.
Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
aHA! I knew I recognized this one.

It's Wendy's Breaking up Is Hard to Do.

And now for something a little different. All of the following comes from one story, but I've snipped out the give-away bits.

She looked up at him. "You aren't going to hurt me."

He smiled. "Not if I can help it."

"I know that about you."

"Do you know that I love you?"

She looked down. "Yes."

"Is that okay?"

She met his steady gaze then, and managed a shaky smile. "I guess it has to be." She dragged in a deep breath, fortifying herself, and blurted out what she'd known, really, for a long time. "Because I'm in love with you."

His arms came around her, and she pressed her face into his shoulder, letting him hold her. Letting him comfort her. After a long while, she looked up, and met him in a kiss.

When the kiss ended, he let go of her to fumble in his pocket. "I wasn't going to ask you this yet," he began.

<snip>

"Lois," he said formally. "I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

<snip>

She nodded. "Takes some getting used to. But I can't imagine my life without you. Yes."

He stood there, holding the box, staring at her, his expression so droll she giggled.

And with the laughter came joy, bubbling up in a way she hadn't felt in years. "Didn't you hear me? I said yes."

"Yes?"

She nodded, and giggled again as he dropped the box, ring and all, to scoop her up and swing her around.

"Yes!" he shouted, and kissed her repeatedly, joyfully. "This is such a cliche," he said finally, pulling back to look at her. "But you've just made me the happiest man alive."

She grinned, savoring happiness. "I sure hope so."

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Ad Astra Per Aspera by Becky Bain.

Here's the next one. smile

She turned to face him, lifting her lips to brush lightly against his. He froze for a split-second, shocked, then returned her kiss.

Clark's head whirled. He was kissing her. Really kissing her. Not just a friendly kiss on the cheek. Not a pretense to keep from blowing their cover. A real kiss. Her lips felt soft and smooth under his. His hand moved instinctively, brushing her hair from her face and resting against her cheek.

It was as incredible as he'd known it would be. It was chaste, yet powerful. There was such tenderness, such warmth in their touch. He'd never felt anything so wonderful in his life.

Lois felt like she was melting. The world around her was gone, and all she could think about was the feel of Clark's lips on hers, caressing them softly. His hand came up and cradled her face, holding her gently. It was.... She felt.... Incredible.
Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Sneaky, Tricia! You just posted an excerpt from this story in one of the other quizzes: Annie's wonderful Playing the Part

OK, I don't think this has been used yet...

Clark returned her smile. "That was my thought exactly," he murmured, drawing closer to her with every word. She leaned towards him, meeting him halfway. Their lips brushed softly at first, an instant replay of their first kiss. She sighed, the sheer sweetness of the encounter almost overwhelming her. His lips were as soft and gentle as his kiss. They stayed that way for a moment, savoring the closeness that the kiss afforded them.

But then the passion that Lois had just recently discovered was between them took over. She fell forward, needing to feel his mouth more firmly against hers. He seemed to feel the same need, Lois realized delightedly, and brought her hands up to thread through his dark hair. It was soft in her hands, but she wanted to touch more of him. Her palms curved down over his jaw and explored his broad shoulders, finally slipping down between their bodies to rest on his chest.

Clark groaned. It almost was too good to be true, the way she was responding to him. He relished the feel of her in his arms. Clark slipped his arms tighter around her, running his hands over her back and down around her waist.

The kiss continued, neither daring to break the connection between them. Finally, a knock at the door interrupted the moment. They pulled apart slowly, their breathing shallow and irregular.
Kathy smile

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard