Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
it's Chris Mulder's "Meet Me in Kansas City"
Duh! I'm deeply, deeply ashamed. <g> How could any of us have forgotten this huge fan favourite? blush

LabRat smile (nope, I don't know the answer to the current quote...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's AnnieM's By Firelight. smile

How about this:

"But she really wanted to stay," Lois added.

"Yep." He swung her into a deep dip, gazing into her eyes the whole time. She clutched his shoulders, even though she knew he'd never drop her.

"It was her choice, ultimately," he said. "Just like it will be yours. No coercion, no seductions." He brought her out of the dip. "Your choice all the way, Lois."

She smiled, looking up at him through her lashes. "But seductions can be fun," she said coyly.

He touched his nose to hers. "As long as they're not one-sided," he added.

She raised her hands to frame his face, bringing his lips down to hers. "I don't think that will be our problem," she whispered just before taking his mouth with hers. Clark moaned softly at her boldness, the sound encouraging Lois to take the kiss further, deepening it. Their kissing became more passionate.

They began a playful kissing duel that quickened both their breathing and heartbeats as it became increasingly amorous. She slid one hand to clutch his nape and the other down his chest to rest over his heart. Pulling away to catch her breath, she moved her lips across his cheek to his ear, where her hot breath darted deliciously inside.

Sliding his lips down the long, graceful column of her neck, he stopped at the hollow of her throat. His lips then reversed their trail and made their way to her ear. "Lois," he breathed before kissing her earlobe.

She shivered in reaction, her body pushing itself closer to him and he put one hand on her back and began caressing her ear with his lips, making her tremble violently.

Lois gasped out loud, her breath catching and releasing against his neck. "Clark, more," she moaned softly. She leaned her head back and offered her lips to him again. He took her mouth in one move, sealing it with his. He then pulled away slightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him back.

"Lois..."

"My choice, Clark," she said against his mouth, tickling his lips with her hot breath as she spoke. She looked into his eyes the whole time. "My choice. What's yours?"
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, after hours of pondering and increasingly obvious hints, I found this one <g>

Hark, by Angela Kay Walthall

Okay, let's see how quickly certain people get this one evil

...he stepped closer still to Clark, and put his hand on the reporter's waist.

Clark startled, a bit, but didn't pull away ... and Lex detected a glimpse of curiosity gleaming from behind his glasses. Unhurriedly, Lex leaned in for a kiss, his hand slipping further around the other man's waist.

Clark accepted the kiss passively, wondering in spite of himself how it would make him feel. It was strange, at first -- he had the feeling that he was used to bending down a bit further. But a flicker of warmth traveled through him, as he allowed the kiss to progress. It felt ... strange, but not unpleasant.

Eventually, Lex pulled back, breathing a trifle faster than normal. "Was that so bad?" he asked, smugly.

Clark smiled crookedly. "As a matter of fact ... no. It was ... kinda interesting."
PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pam, Pam, Pam...

You evil person, you!!

That's Heartbreak Hotel, by the incomparable Goddess herself, Pam Jernigan. notworthy

"We never did quite make it to the bed, did we?" Lois said, glancing around the room ruefully at the clothes distributed fairly evenly through the floor of Clark's apartment.

Clark grinned. "There's a first time for everything."

Lois giggled slightly and buried her head into Clark's chest, kissing him lightly. Suddenly, she sat up.

"Clark, does it occur to you that Superman's been gone an awfully long time?" she asked, clutching the only piece of clothing she could easily reach, a woefully inadequate sock, to her chest.

Clark blushed. "Well, I told you that there was something I had to tell you," he started. He sat up and faced her, figuring that it probably wasn't safe to make this revelation in quite such a vulnerable position.

Lois giggled. "It's okay, Clark," she said. "I already know."

"You do?" he asked, his face betraying his shock.

"Yes. It's okay, Clark. It's not that unusual. Lots of men prefer to make love with their glasses on."

Before Clark could respond, Lois pulled him down to her to kiss her again.
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aha!! That's Falling Into You (aka AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.... THUD!), and the bit is from Sarah Luddy's response to the Cortina Gang's challenge. smile That tag line has Sarah's trademark witty dialogue written all over it. thumbsup

Here is the next one, from one of my favourite stories by that particular author (and I'm not saying more!):

She remembered how Clark had come over. They had talked, finding some measure of comfort in each other's words of love. Lois gave her wedding ring to Clark for safe keeping, and Clark showed her his star.

Then they embraced one another, and kissed, wanting to lose themselves in each other.

"No. . . Lois. . ." said Clark sometime later, reluctantly releasing his mouth from hers. His voice was soft, husky, and full of anguish.

Lois withdrew slightly so that she could look into his eyes. "What's wrong, Clark?" she whispered. "What did I do?"

Clark gently eased them both up to a sitting position, settling Lois on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist as he said, "It's nothing that you did, Lois. It's more what you. . . we. . . were about to do."

She frowned. "What's so wrong about that?" she asked. "I want us to have this moment." Then, a slight note of hurt rejection creeping into her voice, she said, "I thought that you wanted it, too."

He rushed to reassure her. "I do, Lois. More than anything. You know that." He cast his eyes downward and muttered, "But it wouldn't be right."

"Why not?"

"We're not. . . married."
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Columnist
Columnist
Oh my goodness, I think I know this one! Is it Annie's Standing At the Edge? I'm not completely sure, so I'll wait for someone to tell me I'm right (or wrong, for that matter). smile

~Anna

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, Anna! It's not the one. Keep searching. evil

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's Au Revoir, and Not Goodbye by Christine Carr (is it one "r" or two?) Hehe I just read that like last week.

Clark looked back and forth between the offered papers and
her face, clearly torn. Then, suddenly, his face cleared.
"I don't want to wait that long."

Before Lois could register his declaration, Clark's mouth
was on hers. Surprised, she hesitated for the briefest of
moments, but it wasn't long before she was winding her
fingers through his hair, letting the streamers fall to the
floor. His lips tasted incredibly sweet as they pulled
against hers, and when they finally separated, Lois felt as
if she'd never been kissed so thoroughly in her life.

"Wow," she breathed, her voice coming in soft pants. "That
was--"

"Yeah," Clark agreed, breathing more quickly himself.
"Definitely."
Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, now this one was really easy for me - it's one of my favorites: Kathy Brown's "Momentum".

Here's another...
She started as a frigid blast of air suddenly grazed her bare skin where the door beside her had been wrenched violently open. Rough hands grabbed at her arms, yanking her out to stand on the pavement and then she was being pushed up against the side of the Jeep and quite thoroughly kissed by her partner.

His lips forced hers apart, his tongue entering into the slick, hot cavern of her mouth and exploring there in a frenzy. His hands loosened their grip, slid up along her shoulders and up to frame her face in large, protective palms as he deepened the caress.

"Clark...." she blurted dizzily and he frowned, placing his fingers against her lips.

"I don't want to talk," he growled an admonishment and then he replaced his fingers with his mouth and swept away her voice, her thoughts, all self will she possessed. She molded her body pliantly against his strong, masculine curves as she moaned softly, the sound drawn up deeply from the back of her throat. She heard an answering groan from him.
KathyM [Linked Image]

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This would be from LabRat's "If Tomorrow Comes."

Here's a quote:

Clark's voice was husky as he replied. "I'd really like to
kiss you right now, Lois."

Her voice matched his. "I'd really like you to."

"Are you sure?"

Lois tried to nod against his chest.

Clark didn't have to move far as Lois' raised her lips to
meet his. She tasted salty from the tears she had shed
over the last few hours, but nothing could have been
sweeter. He wrapped his arms around her back, one hand
cradling her neck. He felt her melt against him, arms
winding around his neck until they found their way into his
hair. Nothing had ever felt so good.

Lois felt exactly the same way. To be held and kissed by
her husband was something she never thought she'd
experience again and she wanted to record every detail in
her mind. She tried desperately to remain conscious of
what was happening so she could remember later, but her
mind went numb as she felt the hard muscles of Clark's
well-defined chest underneath her hands as she reached up
to pull him a little closer. As the kiss deepened, she
groaned slightly, unable to maintain anything resembling
cognition in her brain. There was no demand to his touch,
no hint that he would push for more than she was ready for.
Just like he always had. He kissed her for the sake of the
kiss, like he always had, waiting for her to indicate that
she was ready for something more intimate, and yet knowing
that he wanted her as much as she wanted him.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Is that from Yellow Fever by ML Thompson?

Missy

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm almost certain this was from Becky Bain's "In a Dark Time" ... a story that tackles a very distasteful subject and does a magnificent job of it.

EDIT: Oops blush That's not it... I was so sure, too... but I've just been skimming through the story again -- well, okay, mostly the second half wink -- and it was worth it just for that. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
No, it's not either of those stories. Is Google not working for this one either?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's Au Revoir, and Not Goodbye by Christine Carr (is it one "r" or two?)
Definitely two, Caroline! smile

Good to be included.

Chris (who didn't recognise her own extract, so doesn't stand a chance of recognising anything else!)

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Since it's been a while since I posted the smoochie, here's a hint:

The quote comes from part 2 of a two-part alternate beginnings story.

[EDIT] As an additional clue, in part one, Lois refers to Clark as CJ.

-- Roger

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Umm... after lots of hints on IRC, I've got it - Carol Moncado's Valley of the Shadow.

Okay, how about this one, then?

He lessened his grip on her for the barest interval, just long enough for her to take a deep breath while he moved so that he could kiss her. And what a kiss! She felt as though her body had melted, the giddy happiness of a few moments before exploding into incredible, mind-shattering joy. She couldn't think -- she didn't want to -- and her entire being was content just to feel this unbelievable, rapturous bliss.

How long the moment lasted, the two of them locked in each other's arms, shutting out everything but each other, neither of them knew. Lois gradually became aware of a rushing sound and was then startled by a sudden, dull booming.

"Clark..." she whispered once their mouths finally separated, "What was that noise?"

"Uh..." he said after a moment, obviously embarrassed about something, "I tend to... float when I'm happy, and I guess I got a little carried away. I think we broke the sound barrier just then..."

She gasped, turned her head to look around, and then broke out into a peal of delighted, joyous laughter. They were several thousand feet in the air, speeding over clouds and sea, racing across the sky. As she watched, they flashed through a small cloud and she saw long tendrils of cloud-stuff follow them, dragged along by their passage but unable to keep up with them and eventually dropping back and disappearing from her view.

A thought struck her. "Clark..." she said, curious, "Why aren't I cold? If we're... supersonic, I should be freezing, but I can hardly feel a thing."

"You're right... Maybe it's my aura -- the energy field around my skin that gives me my invulnerability -- maybe it's protecting you as well."

"Oh." Well, that was something to think about -- later. Right now was more for feeling than thinking, and that thought made her realise what it was that she wanted to feel. She pulled him to her and lost herself in another one of those kisses that set her body and her soul on fire.
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! I got one!!Montrose Toast by Phil

This is from one of my all-time favorites smile1

Her heart was beating staccato in her chest; she was hot and unable to form a single coherent thought. All she felt was her desire for this man, her need to touch him and to be touched by him. His hands were tenderly stroking her bare back and shoulders and made her skin tingle so
wonderfully that she wanted him to caress all of her body like that.

Impatient not only to feel him but to taste him as well, Lois willingly opened her mouth as his questing tongue gently pressed against her lips.

As their tongues met for the first time, she heard him moan deeply in the back of his throat. At that moment Lois knew that she wanted him with every fiber of her being, even if it was only for one night. Convinced that she would regret it more to stop now than to give herself to this man, to whom she felt inexplicably drawn to, and let him love her for at least this night as she would love him.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aha! Heartache Tonight, by the German RR Team. Loved this one. smile

Right... next is...

"Lie down, face down, on the couch."

Lois did as he directed, and shuddered deliciously as his hands touched her back, massaging all the tension and pain out of them. She moaned as his fingers hit upon a particularly tender spot.

Clark leaned down, his mouth next to her ear. "Good?" he asked.

"Mmmmmm..." she replied, as his hands set her skin on fire. Good didn't even begin to describe it! Lois was sure she'd never felt this much desire before. This was ten times as intense as what she'd felt during that kiss in the honeymoon suite of the Lexor hotel. And, as his large warm hands traveled over her back, she decided to do something about it. She turned over, pushing his hands off, and kissed him. Hard.

Clark was surprised by her actions, but he was not displeased. He responded to her enthusiastically, reveling in her questing hands, her demanding lips.

"Clark..." she whispered.

Clark's brain faintly recognized that she was not merely saying his name, that she was trying to say something to him. "Hmmmm?"

"Let's do it. Let's make love." Her statement was punctuated with kisses. "Please." It was only a whisper.

The request burned itself into Clark's mind. The meaning hit him in an admirably short amount of time, even for Superman. "Lois..." he began, but trailed off. He needed to ask if she was sure, if this was right. But it certainly *felt* right. This was, after all, *Lois* begging him with her words and actions, Lois pressing into his hands, into his body.
Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
"Disquiet Nights" by Shawn V. Saw this part just last night while looking for a smoochie quote. smile

Here's another quote:

She grinned shyly up at him. "Today's been a pretty uneventful day."

He blinked in surprise, a slow smile spreading over his face. "Really? Are you sure?"

She made a face of impatience, tracing the fingers of one hand idly over his chest. "Clark, how much of an invitation do you need?"

He raised a hand to curve around the back of her head. "That's enough," he assured her, bending down to kiss her once more.

She met him eagerly this time, smiling so much she could barely kiss him. The desperate urgency that had fueled them two nights ago was gone, and in its place was a relaxed, awed joy. They let the emotion carry them, lightly, easily, trading kisses that were both playful and loving. There was no pain here, no threat of separation when the night was over. Lois was surprised to find that, under these circumstances, she could be all the things she hadn't known how to be: seductive, bold, flirtatious. She reveled in that newfound freedom, using hands and lips to tease as well as to worship, and every sound of pleasure he made thrilled her as well, the knowledge that she could make him feel that.

Reality melted around them, soft and surreal, as they made their way slowly to the bedroom, easing away layers of cloth as they went. Lois fell back on the bed, drawing a shaky breath. He rose above her, arms wrapped around her body, and she closed her eyes. It was the most real moment she'd ever known.

-- Roger

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't know the answer, but awwwwww....

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard