Next Thread
Print Thread
#140747 07/23/03 06:00 PM
R
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
R
confused I am in the process of writing my first fan fic, and I just have a few brief questions.

when posting a fic does it have to be compleated before I would begin posting?

And as for beta readers would anyone be interested if so please email me at becky@crlogic.com, as I am not sure as of yet what the fic will be rated if you are offended by anything somewhat risky don't email me, thanks!

"Faithless is he who turns when the path darkens." - Gimli, The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R Tolkein
Merriwether
Merriwether
First of all, I just have to say, YIPPEE! smile1 So, WELCOME!

Some people wait until finishing a story before posting; others write some, post, write some more, post, etc. wink Depends on what you're comfortable with, and how you do under pressure, I guess.

I would beta for you, but my plate's a little full at the moment. grumble

Again, welcome! jump

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Welcome to the boards. As Rivka said, how you post is up to you. Some people post as they go, others wait until they are done. It's usually best to have some sort of buffer so that if you get behind one week you can still post on time. Keeping a regular posting schedule will help you keep readers. You can set the interval - some people post every other day, some once per week, etc. Just be consistant. (If you do get behind, we'll forgive you. <G> This is just a good rule of thumb.)

As for a BR, this is definitely the place to ask. You probably want to give us some idea of what your story will be about since people have vastly different interests. You don't need to get indepth or give us an outline, something simple like "A short romantic story set in season two" or "an epic drama that deals with Clark's near death after he and Lois are married" will give potential BRs a better understanding of what you are looking for.

Good luck!
Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard