Next Thread
Print Thread
#140728 07/21/03 02:53 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Nope, you won't find the password here, but we've changed how access will be granted.

Many of you might have noticed that you no longer need to enter a password for the Nfic and Nfic TOC forums. Thank you to Elena for being super efficient on that, BTW!!! notworthy

Within the next day or two (if it has not already been done), access will be explicitly given to those who request it. new members will still be required to send the Age and Distribution information to the administrators.

The new password will not be given out to anyone other than the admins as it's still needed to keep the over all protection in place. For those who have not been given access or have lost the privilege for access will still be stopped by the page asking for the password.

If anyone is still experiencing problems by the end of the week or if you have any questions, please feel free to email us at admins@lcficmbs.com

Thanks!

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've noticed the username and/or password doesn't work for the nfic archive at annesplace.net either. What do we use to log into that board? Did the password merely change or do we use the username/password we use for this board?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Annette sent out the new user name and password to everyone who is subscribed to Annesplace. If you are a member and didn't get an email, you might have your yahoo listserv preferences set to "no email." You should be able to see it here once you log in: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nfic/

If you can't see it there, you are probably going to need to email Annette.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm. Having never actually logged into Yahoo! I have no idea what to enter for Yahoo! ID and password. All I ever got was a Yahoo! Email verification code.

Guess I'll have to email Annette.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Roger when you are on this site you have to enter your email adress in `Yahoo Groups - Subscribe to The Nfic Archive`and then you`ll get an email with a password from them. It doesn`t cost anything

Then you have to email Anne so you can get the password for the nfic forum

I am pretty sure that`s the way although it`s been a while since I did that

sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Annie and Sunshine for responding, but Roger, I need to ask ... If you were not on the Yahoo mailing list, how did you get the annesplace.net password? This information should only have some from me and this is the the precise reason it changed last time ... it was passed on to someone without my permission and it almost compromised the website.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oy. I think I'm either losing my mind or Yahoo! deficient. I'm in the same boat as Roger. I swear on my life that I got the password from Annette because I sent out my little email like the same week I turned 18. And for some reason, I don't seem to be part of the Yahoo! group. dizzy The only thing I can think of is that I stupidly left the group when I was getting rid of a bunch of old ones that I no longer participated in.

Jen cat

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The same thing happened to me. I had to rejoin the groups because it said I wasn't a member, even though I signed up last year. I would have had no other way to access the password to annesplace.com because I didn't have anyone to give it to me (especially since I just signed up for the boards a few months ago).

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just wanted to say I really like the new set-up. As someone who doesn't let the computers she uses remember her passwords, so has to type them in every time, it's great to be able to just sail straight in without entering a password. smile

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, Jen, there are three in your boat now. You, me, and Roger. I never joined the Yahoo group, either. I emailed directly and asked for the password. This was ages ago. In fact, there was a different password then. When the password was changed (also quite awhile ago), I got email notification. But I've changed my email address, so I was not notified of this latest change.

Anyway, this time, when I emailed to ask for the new password, and was told to join the Yahoo group, which I did. The hardest part was coming up with a unique sign-in ID. I couldn't believe how many I had to try before it finally said OK. (How many people have Yahoo accounts? There must be millions of them!)

Anyway, all's well that end's well. I now have my Yahoo account, and hopefully will be getting the new password shortly.

- Vicki wave

Edited to add: well, technically, I wasn't "told to join Yahoo". But the response to my email request made it clear that is was assumed that I (and everyone else with a password) should have joined Yahoo. So I joined.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The hardest part was coming up with a unique sign-in ID. I couldn't believe how many I had to try before it finally said OK. (How many people have Yahoo accounts? There must be millions of them!)
LOL, Vicki - tell me about it.

I got so fed up when I signed up - after about an hour of trying and being told that ID was already taken - that I finally put in 'ratticked' as a joke and an expression of my growing frustration.

And then got it accepted and was stuck with it. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hey, you know there are a lot of people signed up when "rivka" is already taken -- and I signed up for Yahoo several years ago.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And yet, there aren't very many "ChiefPam"s out there... I did have to use "ChPam" on AIM, but in most places, I don't have any trouble smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
My yahoo ended up being samik982 since samik was already taken. It was probably taken by me and I just forgot my password. goofy

"I don't like people to talk for no reason, but I really love dialogue between people who aren't listening to each other." --Raymond Carter

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard