Print Thread
#140453 06/21/03 11:04 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm posting this for The Lurker - anyone interested in picking it up, go for it!

LabRat smile

I had a horrible story idea which I would never write, but thought I would pass it on.

What if Lois, when she was in the Alt-World with Clark, decides to stay with the Alt-Clark, deciding that he needs her more than her Clark.
Her Clark has been Superman longer and has his parents to support him, plus still has a secret identity. Alt-Clark, who no longer has his parents, is only Superman because she talked him into it, ruining the life he had before,
not just his engagement to Lana, but the loss of his secret identity.

She feels attracted to both Clarks and decides to go with the one who needs her more. You know, this sounds like a Tank Ending for that episode!

Poor Clark. Poor Lex, whose frog clone plans are for nothing. I assume Clark would try to go to the Alt-World, with a horrified HG Wells, but,
alas...

It could be left like that, or perhaps, if one must have a happy ending <g>, we could find out that our Lois had been replaced by Alt-Lois at sometime in the past... hmmm... when, I wonder when Tempus did this evil deed... Before she even met Clark? That would be cruel too... Too bad the amnesia episode comes later.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#140454 06/22/03 12:36 AM
Blogger
Blogger
razz goofy
wave

#140455 06/23/03 01:29 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Actually, Labby, I like the way your mind works wink . I think it could be a great story - of course, you have to find a happy ending. But the challenge sounds great. I really think someone needs to write this story.

ML
wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#140456 06/23/03 02:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, the crueler, the better when I'm in the mood for 'em! I like it. laugh

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#140457 06/23/03 03:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
evil .

Bad Labrat, Bad. mad

Don't even think about. mad

MAF mecry

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#140458 06/23/03 04:42 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I find it difficult because at the point where Lois went to the Alt Universe, Lois had grown into love with Clark. Like twins, they weren't the same person and I would find it difficult to believe she would transfer her affections.

Now maybe if he'd gone off to New Krypton for a long time wink

Just my $.02

#140459 06/23/03 08:04 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I like the darker stories, and especially when the writer is able to correct the situation or find a happy ending, it's very entertaining for me.

LabRat, do you mind if I post a story idea here, before I forget?

It's a premise I haven't seen in fanfic. What if Lara was able to come to Earth with baby Kal-El. They landed in Smallville, the Kents found the both of them, and took them in. They were kinda wary about them at first. A couple days pass, and Lara begins to discover some powers. In time they reach full strength, and she wants to help. She leaves Kal-El in the Kents care and goes to help. Over the years she visits them periodically. So baby Kal is still raised Clark, whoever wants to write it feel free. I don't think it's that good of an idea anyway, since, I'm pretty sure people have thought something along these lines.

#140460 06/23/03 09:30 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, Labby, I like the way your mind works
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh my God! You are goofy Can see why you've misinterpreted my original post mind you, now that I look at it.

When I said I was posting this for The Lurker - I meant exactly that. Not that I was dedicating an idea of mine to her. The text beneath my signature is all hers, direct from her email to me, as is the idea, but...she's a lurker. <g> So she didn't want to post it herself; I posted her idea for her.

So...plaudits and complaints to TL please. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#140461 06/24/03 12:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Trenna, I agree that it seems unlikely for Lois to stay in the alt-universe. But when I first watched Lois & Clarks, I did wonder what it would be like if "our" Clark couldn't be rescued, and alt-Clark stepped in to help out, permanently... I guess Tank's covered something similar in his Future series, though with genders reversed.

Interesting dynamics, though...

Ja-10, you're right, I don't think I've seen that idea before. I generally have a pretty low opinion of women who abandon their children so they can go do their own thing... but if it were presented as a formal adoption thing -- because Lara didn't think she could raise Kal to adjust to Earth, or something similar -- then it might be very interesting. Especially if she *doesn't* visit <eg> Imagine a teenaged Clark, discovering he's got the same powers as this super-woman who's been famous for the last twenty years... freaky wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#140462 06/24/03 04:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
terrific idea Labrat (for the Lurker) and Ja-10

And Labrat, I can't wait to read this fic!!

of course, you have to find a happy ending.
What for? Can't we have a TE instead? I tend to share Jen's POV here: 'the meaner, the better!'

Carole (in light evil mode smile1 and LOLing while listening to 'Jimmy Olsen's blues' lyrics) clap rotflol rotflol

#140463 06/24/03 11:02 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
It would be my pleasure to work on them.
However, I've been working on.. wait... 5 stories these days, so I'm kinda busy and I can tell for sure if I will.

What for? Can't we have a TE instead?
Right. Why not a TE? evil

Or, at least, two endings - a happy one and a Tank one.

Both ideas are great. Unique and intelligent.
Congratulations Lurker and Ja-10.

See you soon.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#140464 06/26/03 09:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with Pam and Trenna - Lois would *never* abandon Clark at this stage in their relationship. The only way you could make it work, IMO, would be if an external force trapped Lois in the alternative universe for a long time. She'd still never transfer her affections completely to altClark, but her emotions could get pretty confused nevertheless, because she does empathise with altClark and even maybe has feelings for him. Meanwhile, Clark would be devastated!

All you need now is a convenient external force...did I hear someone mutter Wells??? laugh

Yvonne

#140465 06/26/03 09:51 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The only way you could make it work, IMO, would be if an external force trapped Lois in the alternative universe for a long time. She'd still never transfer her affections completely to altClark, but her emotions could get pretty confused nevertheless, because she does empathise with altClark and even maybe has feelings for him. Meanwhile, Clark would be devastated!
Funnily enough... <G>

I've got a longtime WIP that's been languishing for...ooooooooh, decades <G>...on my hard drive that contains much of these elements...erm...kind of. Except it was partly the other way around. wink

Might even finish it some day. goofy

LabRat (yes, yes, yes! I know. SDB first.)

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard