Print Thread
#140365 06/11/03 10:06 AM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Well, since I'm about to be lynched because we haven't posted part four, I'm attempted to pacify our gentle readers with this....

As many of you know, this story was inspired by some of the ridiculous emails I've sent while drunk, and I did a great deal of research for this story. <G> When I was working on part three, I was blocked on what to write in the email and decided the best way to write it would be just to go out and get drunk, then pretend to be Lois. So I told Kathy to expect an email that night, then went out with my friends to one of our favorite bars, He's Not Here, where they serve beer in giant 32oz. blue cups. Then I went home and composed an email to Kathy. So here it is in all its unedited spledor. I know this doesn't make up for not posting part 4 yet, but I hope it will be a good temporary diversion. smile

I'll post it in full, then I'll provide a translation for all y'all who haven't perfected the art of translating Drunk-Annie. wink

I xsent you an yemail c\auhse you wnaqted one, I hadt lost of fuhnat he's
bnot lat tonight. I liked it. It ws fun. He's not is a doog bad. Tnighgt
ihad many blue cups. I am bglad e are gfr9edns. In like sent email s went
I'm drunk They are good. Yay meails

I*f I was lois I write:

Dear Clark,

I am sead beause Yuo came to get me frmo the bar, but you went away. I want us to habve happely ever aftr. We are wondreful. I love us toether. yes? You to. Y.ou ame tonight ant I loved you. I s wonderful. We are greagt.WE cabn hve good relationshuo if we try. I wsas. Yoiu are so cute. I love black. you alswatys shuld ware black, It is wondrful. W HY Aqere you soi hot? You are. And you don't come tome. I want you to mcine to me. but you don'e you come home but gthen you leave. iF YOU stay, we are happliy
ever after, no? Yay us.,l I lve you, we are wonderful.
the end
lois

Is gthat good? yay, I love this riting. I am also email manty others., the like it whne I meail. There was not takedout water tonight. Only at lindat's but not at he's not. He's nit is fun, it's outside. Lindsa's is indside. Isaw many poepl I know. It was wonderful We saw brad, but not ben. Ben is missing. where didhe go?

I don' know.

I don't know hwy he does not call me. He is fired. Oh well. Dubm boys.

then end

annie
Translation:

I sent you an email because you wanted one. I had lots of fun at He's Not tonight. I liked it. It was fun. He's not is a good bar. Tonight I had many blue cups. I am glad we are good friends. I like to send emails when I'm drunk They are good. Yay emails!

If I was Lois I would write:

Daer lark,

I am sad because you came to get me from the bar, but you went away. I want us to have happily ever after. We are wonderful. I love us toether. yes? You too. You came tonight and I loved you. It is wonderful. We are greag.We can have a good relationship if we try. You are so cute. I love black. You always should wear black. It is wonderful. Why are you so hot? You are. And you don't come to me. I want you to come to me, but you don't. You come home but then you leave. If you stay, we are happliy ever after, no? Yay us! I lvoe you. We are wonderful.
the end
lois

Is that good? Yay, I love this writing. I am also emailing many others. The like it when I email. There was no take out water tonight. Only at Linda's (another favorite bar). Not at He's Not. He's Not is fun. It's outside. Linda's is inside. I saw many people I know. It was wonderful We saw Brad, but not Ben. (Ben is a guy I had been seeing casually for awhile (the future president <G>) Brad is his best friend.) Ben is missing. Where did he go?

I don't know.

I don't know why he does not call me. He is fired. Oh well. Dumb boys.

the end

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#140366 06/11/03 06:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROTFLMAO

Noooo, you can't be funny at this hour, I'll have to laugh into a pillow so I don't wake up everyone else!

Jen goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#140367 06/12/03 12:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL!! rotflol That's some inspiration! I wonder how Kathy felt receiving such an email! I'm glad it produced the story that it did, however!!! smile

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
#140368 06/12/03 05:31 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Is there an inside joke referring to "Take out water?"

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#140369 06/12/03 05:47 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
RL asked:

Is there an inside joke referring to "Take out water?"
Yeah, as Annie implies her in "translation", her favorite bar "Linda's" gives out water for people to take with them ... we put the two together to come up with Lois's "prize", but the term "takeout water" was definitely something that came from Annie's mind on one of her more interesting nights. <g>

Caroline asked:

That's some inspiration! I wonder how Kathy felt receiving such an email!
LOL! Oh, I laughed my butt off. My favorite, though, was the one she sent saying, "I love you. We are good friends. Yay us!" I told her I was going to make it my sig quote. <vbg>

Kathy (who now says "Yay!" and "Boo!" on a regular online basis thanks to my association with Annie. I'm trying to draw the line at "Y'all", though. goofy )

#140370 06/12/03 07:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy

LOL! Oh, I laughed my butt off. My favorite, though, was the one she sent saying, "I love you. We are good friends. Yay us!" I told her I was going to make it my sig quote. <vbg>
ROTFL!

LabRat (wounded she's not in the select group who's received a coveted AnnieMail... wink )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard