Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
In Tank's Conditions for Retirement thread , Mr. Wilson offered to 'wait' until he'd written the second highest number of stories on the Archive before going back into retirement again. Many people immediately saw through his shrewd attempt to get out of writing more fanfic, but it did make me wonder -- after Wendy and Tank, just who are FoLCdom's most prolific authors?

With that question in mind, I decided to waste my-- er, spend my evening going through the Archive and seeing just how many stories everyone had. I found the results very interesting, to say the least. I hope you enjoy seeing what I discovered. smile

This list is based on the stories which were in the L&C Fanfic Archive www.lcfanfic.com as of May 17, 2003. It does not include nfic titles.

(However, on that note, I found it interesting that incorporating nfic titles into the Top 10 list had relatively little impact. Only two of our ten most prolific Archive authors have written nfic, and only one of those would have her ranking increased -- Wendy is unreachable in the top spot even without her nfic titles, while MLT would move up from 10th to 8th, with an additional 8 unconverted nfics. Kathy Brown, however (that's me smile ) would move up to #10 with 25 stories (20 Archive + 5 unconverted nfics), bumping Carol M off the top 10 list. Just a few little tidbits, in case someone besides me found them interesting. <g>)

OK, here we go:

FoLCdom's Most Prolific Authors

(Stories on the L&C Fanfic Archive, including any co-written stories, as of 5/17/03)

1. Wendy Richards - 92 (68 + 24 cowritten)

2. Tank Wilson -- 57 (38 + 19 cowritten)

3. IRC Round Robin Group -- 52

(FYI for newcomers, this group of RR authors changed slightly from week to week, but the basic core remained the same. Stories were discussed and broadly plotted in the days before writing began which give the stories a tighter continuity. Stories by this group include the Unintentional Season stories and SoulMates Chronicles, plus several stand alones. Round Robin stories on the Archive which were not written by this group of authors are not included in the totals above.)

4. Debby Stark - 39 (29 plus 10 more Dawning chapters not on the Archive)

5. Nan Smith - 36 (incl 1 cowritten)

6. Pam Jernigan - 35 (incl 4 cowritten)

7. Paul-Gabriel Wiener -- 29

8. Zoomway -- 26

9. Carol M - 20

10. ML Thompson - 20 (incl 1 cowritten)

Honorable Mention goes to these authors. (Again, nfic titles not included, but cowritten stories are.)

Kaethel - 19 (incl 4 cowritten)
Kathy Brown - 17 (incl 2 cowritten)
Irene Dutch - 17 (incl 1 cowritten)
Erin Klingler - 17 (incl 1 cowritten)
Shayne Terry - 17
Phil Atcliffe - 16 (incl 1 cowritten)
Lote -- 16 (incl 2 cowritten)
Laura Davies (Brightfeather) - 16
Chris Carr - 15

And a Double Honorable Mention goes to these authors, for breaking into the double digits. smile (I can't believe how long this list is!! Go authors!)

Allison Forbes -- 14
Jon Knutson - 14
Alicia U -- 13
Maria Mendoza - 13
Mobile Richard - 13
Anne Spear - 13
Supermom - 13
Margaret Brignell - 12
Yvonne Connell -- 12 (incl 1 cowritten)
Jenni Debbage - 12
Michele Savage - 12 (incl 1 cowritten)
Shawn V - 12
Tracey - 12 (incl 2 cowritten)
Vixen - 12
Emerald Shine - 11 (incl 1 cowritten)
Sara Kraft -- 11 (incl 1 cowritten)
Cindy Leuch -- 11
Sarah Luddy -- 11 (incl 1 cowritten)
Betsy Rogers - 11
Marnie Rowe -- 11
Tara Smith - 11
StopQuitDont -- 11
Christy - 10
Emily Hanson - 10
Chris Mulder -- 10 (incl 2 cowritten)

And last but not least, a Triple Honorable Mention to LabRat, who, if we add her 11 unconverted nfics to her 9 Archived stories, would pop all the way up to the top of the first Honorable Mention list. <g>

Whew! Now I'm definitely ready for bed. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hey, cool! thanks for posting, kathy! that must have taken a bit of work.

not sure if round robin really counts, since that's a bunch of different RRs lumped together.

but congrats to wendy and tank! very impressive. dance

and you know, i've got 7 un-twists and a challenge fic waiting to be uploaded... add those 8 in, and i'll just pass nan.

of course, add all my fics together, including those 8, and it adds up to... let's see... about 400k. that's slightly more than 1/4 of masques.

just what, if anything, that means depends on your point of view. wink

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh. Well, okay, I knew this, but... I have to be honest, guys; this sort of discussion always makes me blush furiously and become horribly embarrassed. It also makes me want to crawl into a hole in the ground and never re-emerge. frown I'm sorry; I just get hugely embarrassed at being reminded of how many stories I've burdened the archive with.

Tank, you are entirely welcome to that top spot!

Wendy peep

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm sorry; I just get hugely embarrassed at being reminded of how many stories I've burdened the archive with.
Burdened?!? eek

Wendy, please, don't you ever think that! And thank you again for giving us so many wonderful stories that gave us so much reading enjoyment! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Darn! #6?? <g> I can see I'm going to have to work harder goofy Lemme see if I have any scraps of nothing sitting around on the old hard drive...

And Wendy, you're not burdening anything, merely providing a large variety of stories to choose from wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy, I totally agree with Pam and Elena! Its definately not a burden! We get great enjotment out of reading your stories. smile1 It also means that if you're writting, people are likely to notice that I'm not! wink

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It also means that if you're writting, people are likely to notice that I'm not!
Exactly! laugh And Wendy, you can write til the cows come home...I'm an insomniac who always needs lots of fanfic to pass the wee hours.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
I'm in Wendy Richards' Number One Fan club, and we are taking new members. If you feel that Wendy is *not* burdening us with her prolificity (is that a word???), you would fit in well with us. We feedback the Great Author at any occasion, and we make sure to tell her to keep writing - the more the merrier - and do many other worthy activities. The only dues are paid in the time it takes to let the Great Author know we appreciate her.

So Wendy, when are you posting your next story? And where is the next part of When Larry met Charlie? smile

Melisma (nagging gently here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Features Writer
Features Writer
Thanks Kathy for the list.
I'm amazed.
And I too am in the Wendy fan club
I love your stories, and believe me it is no burden.

And it's no burden to read all of you authors' wonderful stories.
You have given me hours of reading pleasure.

thank you
merry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impressive list..though I've seen it in another thread...are thrads switching again or am I just imagining things?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
kathym posted a similar list in the conditions for tank\'s re-retirement at around the same time that kathyb posted it here. as commented, it must be a kathy thing. laugh

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard