Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, true to my word, when Wendy and Kaethel met the challenge I came out of active retirement. I've even posted a couple of stories since then as a show of good faith. But now we have to come up with the conditions whereas this tired old man can earn his retirement again.

I have sort of an idea...

How about once I've established myself as the second most prolific (no one can touch Wendy) writer in number of stories, I can earn my retirement. I'm talking about official (meaning Lois and Clark archived) stories. I'm also talking about the raw number of different stories not the word count. Labby's 'Masques' has put that idea all out of kilter.

So, here it is; Once I've reached the second most number of stories posted in the archives I am eligible to retire. What do you say? Sounds good , huh?

Tank (who is trying very hard to be fair about this)

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No. :p

What, you were expecting a different reply?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank, you're already second, with 38 solo stories and 19 T&W challenges. So this is a no way. The conditions are unfair and absolutely unacceptable.

Kaethel goofy

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank, Tank, Tank...

No point setting the bar so low that you've already passed it! razz

No chance we'll accept that, pal! goofy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love your suggestion, Wendy! Because it sort of kills two birds with one stone. It means more stories from Tank, and more stories from you. And I, as a reader, win! dance (greedy, me? naaah!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
You and Retirement Tank? razz The answers is quite simple: NO What else did you expect?

And yes, Wendy's suggestion is better. So both of you keep writing! wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nope. I don't think I agree to those terms either! wink

I'm all for Wendy's suggestion. And Kaethel's logic is just fantastic! laugh

Loriel (who is also being rather greedy!)

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Merriwether
Merriwether
Good try, Tank ... seems the fan community caught onto your little attempt at misdirection pretty quickly, however. wink

This brings up a really interesting question, however ... just who are the most prolific writers in the fandom, based on number of stories in the Archive? Obviously Wendy is first, and we now know that Tank is second ... who else rounds out the top 10? I think this requires some investigation. And do the rankings change if we include number of nfic stories to the totals?

Inquiring minds want to know. <g>

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At one point, I was #3, but that was a while back smile Paul's been coming on strong, these last few years... then I guess we'd have to look at the ppl who churn out WAFFy vignettes wink Tracey, Kaethel, Erin, etc... but that would require some actual work, and right now Marissa wants to play a computer game smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank

There's only one answer to this 'NO WAY'. smile1 goofy

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
The question that Kathy posed intrigued me, so I did a little research. I quickly scrolled through the author listings (on the archive only) and came up with the following counts, assuming an error of +/- 10% (is that enough to cover me?). I left nfic out of the mix.

Wendy: 68 solo + 24 joint = 92
Tank: 38 solo + 19 joint = 57
Nan: 35 solo + 1 joint = 36
Pam: 31 solo + 4 joint = 35
Paul: 29
Debby: 28 solo + 1 joint = 29
Zoomway: 26
Carol: 20
M.L.: 19 solo + 1 joint = 20
Kaethel: 15 solo + 4 joint = 19

I didn't include the "IRC Round Robin", which had 52 titles.

Of course these numbers will change constantly. Wendy has just finished 2 (or is it 3?) stories that will shortly increase her total when they're added to the archive. Tank, thankfully out of retirement, is happily adding to his as well. I agree with earlier suggestions - I think he needs to catch up with Wendy in order to re-retire... smile1

KathyM

EDIT to respond to Paul rather than add a new message: Thanks Paul. I see that now, although why I didn't see the message last night I'm not sure. It must have been while I was counting... She also went into *much* more detail than I did, and fortunately her math is better than mine, which helped me correct an error smile

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
actually, kathy, kathyb counted up, too. she started a seperate thread for it here.

funny that both of you did the same thing at about the same time. laugh

mentioned it on irc, and got the following comments:

<Shadow2> must be a kathy thing
<dgl_a> A fine kathygorization...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard