#140056 05/16/03 02:33 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, all smile

I recently posted an nfic, Epiphany, which had been on my hd for a number of years. Originally, I hadn't considered it a candidate for conversion to gfic because it was only supposed to be two segments long.

However, while finishing it and posting it over in nfic, the Muse took off in a few unexpected directions and ended up doubling it to four segments, with much of the new material gfic. So I decided to give converting it a go, see if I ended up with a coherent gfic at the end of it.

I seem to have. But I'm a little skittish about posting what I have as I'm not entirely sure I've excised all material above pg13 (it's been a while since I've had to do a conversion and I'm a little rusty)

So, what I need now is someone who is skilled at conversions and who has a solid grasp of what's pg13 and what isn't, who could quickly read over the 'gfic' version and let me know if there's anything I've missed that's liable to frighten the horses and should be removed. Also if the story still makes coherent sense with what's been taken out of it.

Any takers can email me at the eddress below. smile

Also, I'm not certain what to do with the gfic version once I have it done and dusted. Send it straight to the Archive? Or post it in segments here in gfic? Are there enough people in gfic who haven't already read it in nfic to make it worth posting here? Or would I just be boring a lot of people who've already read it over in nfic? I have to confess that the response over in nfic was so overwhelming and encouraging - much more than I expected - that it feels somewhat...greedy...to be posting again. laugh

LabRat smile
labrat@blueyonder.co.uk

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I've heard lots of good things about this story, so I'm looking forward to reading it... and posting to the boards will probably be quicker than going through the archive queue wink

And fic is never spam! So sure, post it in gfic smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, you need to post it again for lazy folks like myself who never seem to catch up on nfic. laugh

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And fic is never spam!
LOL. Good point, Pam. wink Okay, when I have an approved conversion I'll post it here.

Thanks for the replies, both of you. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Add another vote to the POST IT camp! I don't read nfic, and I know there are others who don't either, so while your audience would be smaller than an only gfic story, you'll have readers!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I second this motion!!!

James

Originally posted by Bethy:
Add another vote to the POST IT camp! I don't read nfic, and I know there are others who don't either, so while your audience would be smaller than an only gfic story, you'll have readers!

Bethy

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
Yeah, post it, Ratty smile

As far as conversion - well, I've read the nfic version, and I'd be willing to help you with it, if you want. Email me privately and let's see what we can do, okay?

{{{{Rat}}}}

Melisma (grinning like a fiend, here under her Rock - more RatFic: what could make a day better?)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Top Banana
Top Banana
Mel, and everyone else who wants to check it out: the Gfic version of Epiphany was posted to the boards last night, here . You're in for a wonderful treat of romance and humour. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the offer, Mel. As you can see, Kaethel did a superfast run through for me on irc last night. Thanks again, Kae - and for the ad too. goofy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Rats...

Oops, sorry, Rat... I mean, shoot! I was hoping to beat someone else to it...

Melisma (disappointed under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard