Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140030 05/15/03 09:52 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey!

This issue was brought up recently on the Fanfic folder and I decided to take up Kaethel's suggestion and bring it here.

It seems some people were a little upset about a Tank Ending that wasn't labeled as one and it made me think. I understand that some people might not want to read this kind of fic, but I also think that the surprise element is one of the best thing's about a TE. So, I was wondering, what should prevail? The right of those readers who'd rather the surprise wasn't gone (and I'm assuming there are some) or the right of those who dislike this kind of story, and therefore would like to know what it really is beforehand in order to not read it?

I guess it all comes down to one thing: TE warning or no warning?

Cris

Cris
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cris, the forum moderators have been discussing this one and trying to think of a solution that would be a compromise and ensure that both side of this divide can have fun and not have their fun spoiled. As much as it's possible to have a compromise, of course. It's a tricky one.

We think that we may have something that might work and I believe that Pam may shortly be starting a poll with a suggested solution for everyone to vote on, so that we can see if it's an idea worth implementing.

Watch this space. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
/me watches...

Y'know, it's not actually doing anything... goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, poll is posted... http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000032 Please vote, and feel free to comment!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
What do you know? A watched post does boil! wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard