Print Thread
#139954 05/09/03 01:54 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I received this email this morning. It's not an idea I'm particularly interested in pursuing, so I'm posting it here for anyone who wants to pick it up. smile

Hi there,

For about a month or so I've really been enjoying Anne's Lois&Clark fiction site [snip]

If you're still out there and if you're still writing how about coming up with a plot (if it hasn't come up yet and I just can't find it) that has Clark being retrieved by the Krytonians as a teen, learning to be a cultural leader, then coming back to Earth to "conquer" it.

There was an episode of Smallville recently that featured Christopher Reeves, and he and Clark deciphered the Krytonian symbols that commanded Clark to conquer the planet. I like that concept and I can see Lois as an agitator in this scenario. She wouldn't take planet conquering lying down (so to speak) but she and Clark are universally connected. There are some good sparks to be made here. Depending on how Clark decides to proceed in this planet conquering, whether he just comes in militarily or corporately (like Lex Luther) he's still a good guy. He's only doing what he thinks is best, but Lois Lane has got all these objections to any sort of world control ("land of the free" mentality).

Plus all this build up gives Clark a chance to be the dominate persona. Too many stories I've read so far have made him submissive to Lois. While that's an awesome concept, (him being Superman and she's controlling him) the situation is rare that Clark gets to take the reins. He's so sensitive and sweet sometimes it's almost nauseating. Don't get me wrong, I like a sensitive guy, but a take charge guy is also a turn on. He'd learn this "take charge" attitude if the Kyrptonians got to him at an earlier.
age.

Anyway, from what I've gathered you guys bounce ideas off each other at this bulletin board on line that I can't use at work (and I have no internet at home). Throw this at the other writers and see what you guys can come up with. I'd love to read a good fic on the site spawned from my input.

TJ

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Good thing I'm only a minor writer - the scenario just doesn't grab my muse's interest right now. But if any of the rest of you can make it into a story, I'd like to see what you come up with notworthy

Thanks to TJ for the suggestion...

Melisma (melting back under her Rock, in the middle of a Seoul summer - yikes!)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Columnist
Columnist
Actually, this sounds like something I'd write. I like the wild and unusual. Unfortunately, I'm really busy at the moment and it would be a while before I could pursue it. I have wondered what it would be like for Clark to 'rule' instead of help. Could be an interesting story to see if his early moral 'Kent' basis could be brought back to the surface.

Lab, have TJ go read 'Universal Soldier' by... who was that author... oh, yeah, me! It's kind of along the 'he is ruler' lines... though I let his true nature show a lot sooner.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This would totally be one that my warped mind would write...

I will definitely try it...
but, since I have been busy lately (and since I haven't technically posted a full one yet), don't let this stop anyone else from working on it too wink

-Breanna

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lab, have TJ go read 'Universal Soldier' by... who was that author... oh, yeah, me! It's kind of along the 'he is ruler' lines... though I let his true nature show a lot sooner.
I suggested he try a search of the Fanfic Archive, SQD, and pick up any NK stories in there, so I'm sure he'll find this one if it's there. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
The other one I'd suggest he read would be Pam's "Hearts Divided". It's not exactly what he outlines, but it does involve Clark as a NK leader meeting up with Lois on Earth. Clark's not the one doing the conquering <g> but it's an outstanding story and definitely a different take on L&C's orgins. And Clark was pretty confident in it, if I remember correctly ... could be just the characterization he's looking for.

Not that you should be his personal mail service, Lab <g> but maybe you could forward this along if you write him again.

Kathy

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard