Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#139854 05/02/03 10:21 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hello everyone!

I have a question: does Clark's apartment have a back door? For some reason, I'd assumed it did and hadn't questioned it until Tricia brought it up.

Thinking about it now, it's likely that it didn't...

If it didn't, how else could Clark enter his apartment if not through the door? COuld he actually get in without walking through his living room?

Cris

Cris
#139855 05/02/03 10:24 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There's a back door onto his terrace, as far as I know, via the bedroom.

Think we saw it at one point on the show, didn't we? And it's in the virtual display of Clark's apartment, I think. Although haven't seen that in a while so it's hazy. Pretty sure it is though.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#139856 05/02/03 10:27 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
He has a door that goes from his bedroom to his balcony, so he can easily enter/leave as Superman without going out the front door. The door is located near the part of his bedroom by the kitchen ... if you look at his room, you'll see that there are two archways going into his bedroom, one on either side of his headboard. One arch goes to the kitchen area, the other to his living room.

It's quite a cool apartment. smile But definitely not a lot of privacy in the bedroom.

Kathy

#139857 05/02/03 10:28 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Yes, there is a back door that goes onto the terrace, but I don't think anyone with out the power of flight could get in and out through that door very easily. Although Lex did climb up onto it via a ladder in Seconds.

You can clearly see the door in TAGD, Seconds, and probably some other ones that I'm not remembering.

~Anna

#139858 05/02/03 01:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Or if you're fuzzy on those eps, just think of ASU when Martha pushed Clark off a building <g> That was his terrace.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#139859 05/02/03 02:42 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Now that I look at it...it doesn't make sense...

Here is him getting pushed fromhis terrace (note the door behind Martha)
[Linked Image]

and falling from it (several stories)
[Linked Image]

and yet, Jimmy talking to his parents outsid his front door in TEHI
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

and this from ATAI
[Linked Image]

doesn't make it look like the 4th or so story of an apt building.

His apartment is like Lois'! (501 or 105?)

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

-Breanna

#139860 05/02/03 02:48 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
His apartment is like Lois'! (501 or 105?)
Or it's on a hill. My mother used to teach in a building that had ground floor entrances on the first, 3rd, and 6th floors!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#139861 05/02/03 03:30 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sorry to confuse you, Cris. smile

I know there is a door leading onto the terrace. I didn't associate it with the term 'back door'.
Probably an Aussie thing! goofy

Tricia cool

#139862 05/02/03 05:35 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Look at it this way, it makes as much sense as Lois suddenly living in a high-rise apartment building in Operation Blackout. wink

At least, I think it was in OB ... you know, the one where she's pushed out her apartment window and falls many stories until she gets hung up on a flagpole and Supes just kind of floats up with that smart-ass grin of his <g> and asks her if she needs any help. wink

But the point is, like 105 and 501, Lois and Clark's apartments are set up however is most convenient for the script writer of the week! wink

Kathy

#139863 05/02/03 05:42 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah, and Harry's Place has a sign right across the aisleway. Don't remember which one that was in, Season one I think.

But either Harry's Place is on a high floor or the sign is in a place that nobody sees it wink

#139864 05/02/03 11:27 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, I have a theory about Clark's apartment. <G> It may not fly, wink but it's always been the way I've envisaged it from watching the episodes.

That last photo you have, Breanna. If you listen carefully while watching that scene I think you can hear what sounds like a metal door closing and then Clark coming up a flight of stairs, before he emerges around the corner. That scene always got me wondering as before then I'd always imagined his apartment was a basement one.

Finally, I figured out it had to be accessed from a doorway on the top floor of the building, behind which was a short flight of steps, leading to the porch area you see in your photos and what is really a 'penthouse' apartment (I know that's not the right term, but not up on what would be). The apartment is a separate thing on the very top of the building, above all the other regular apartments on a landing. If you see what I mean.

Well, that was the only theory I could come up with to fit with those sounds in that ATAI scene. It's how I've visualised it ever since and I guess it would make both the front door porch and the terrace fit together. goofy

Mind you, doesn't explain all the other anomolies from week to week, as Kathy mentions. wink

Actually, I have a theory about Clark's apartment. <G> It may not fly,
Actually, that might have been a Freudian slip. Maybe that's the answer. Like Clark, that apartment flies. So it can be anywhere at any given time. There you go. QED.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#139865 05/03/03 02:32 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I think that the answer could be a combination of Rivka's and LabRat's ideas.

We have a low hill. The hill is "dug" from its back side, and at the base of this hill is built a high building.
On the high building is built Clark's apartment, which has its entrance on the other side of the hill.

Piece of cake. wink

Still, I have a question:
Are we sure that above Clark's apartment there aren't more floors?
'Cause if there are, on the first building must be built another building :rolleyes:

Or maybe Clark just moved goofy

And I have to agree that writers on series on L&C, who write just because they get paid, not like us who write for fun laugh , use to do mistakes like this one, because they haven't watched carefully the previous episodes.
I also agree with you, though... I've always tried to picture the situations of a movie or a book in my mind, and explain everything.

I have another suggestion (probably a silly one):
Maybe Martha pulled Clark down from Lois' apartment.
When I watched this episode, this was the impression I'd had.
But I have to admit that this was one of the first I watched, and hadn't learned the characters' environment very carefully... blush

I hope that it helped, and didn't confuse you more laugh

Anna_B.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#139866 05/03/03 03:56 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks everyone!!!

This makes things so much easier! Because without a back door or a way to come in without walking through the living room, I would have had to rewrite a whole scene.

Thanks a lot,

Cris

Cris
#139867 05/03/03 04:16 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I forgot something.

Tricia said:

I know there is a door leading onto the terrace. I didn't associate it with the term 'back door'.
You were actually right; it wasn't a back door. For some reason I recalled a back door and Clark stepping into some sort of alley when he left his apartment. I guess I just mixed it a little.

So, I guess terrace door it is. wink

Cris

Cris

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard