#139845 05/02/03 05:46 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey there. Me again. smile

I don't have time to check through the episodes, so hoping that someone can remember offhand how long it was up till GGGOH that:

a/ Clark had been at the Planet.

and

b/ Lois and Clark had been partnered.

and

c/ I'm right in thinking, aren't I, that at the point of GGGOH they weren't permanent partners, but that Perry was still partnering them now and then? Or had they moved past that by then to permanent?

Thanks, as always, for the help!!

LabRat (having words with her Muse who just took Epiphany in a whole new direction she was NOT supposed to. grumble )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
The Pilot took place in May and GGGoH took place around early November, so Clark had been at the Planet for about six months.

Lois and Clark became permanent partners in Requiem for a Superhero, which was three eps before GGGoH, so I'm estimating they'd been permanent partners for about a month.

Hope that helps!

~Anna

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Darnit someone posted while I was posting so this post is now useless (we really should be allowed to delete our own posts)...so I'll just post a quote until one of the mods deletes it.

I'm having way too much fun reading this script.

LOIS
Perry...
(self-explanatory)
It's Smallville.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Actually, while GGGoH aired in November, it probably took place in July or early August. It's a corn festival, after all, and when is prime corn time but at the height of summer. smile

So I would say Clark had been at the Planet about 2-3 months (from May to July/August). Not all that long at all. smile

Kathy

Columnist
Columnist
I said it was November based on the fact that Lois said it was November in ASU (the very next ep), but I think you have a point about it being a corn festival.

I'd have to ask my dad (he grew up on a farm) but I think a corn festival would take place in October. I know there's a saying that goes "Knee high by 4th of July" refering to how high corn should be for it to be on schedule for harvesting. So if it's supposed to be knee high in July, it probably wouldn't get harvested for another two or three months.

And btw, Jen, even if someone posts the same thing you were going to say, you can always leave your post there so that other people can see your perspective on things. smile

~Anna

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hmm, after reading different posts, I decided to do a little research for myself.

Kathy is right based off some websites I've checked out - corn festivals happen in August mostly and one I found in mid-September. However, I also doubt the series jumped from August to November between episodes.

My guess? They meant to call it a Harvest festival - that would fall in late October/early November and would also explain how most of the people in Smallville, according to Clark, grow wheat and not corn. Silly Los Angeles-based writers who have no perception whatsoever about farming. smile

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
Merriwether
Merriwether
So if it's supposed to be knee high in July, it probably wouldn't get harvested for another two or three months.
LOL! /me thinks you are underestimating the effect of our long, hot summers on the growth of corn. <g> Sometimes you can practically see it growing. smile But you do make a good point about July.

I still think October is too late, though. I live in farm country and farmers here are harvesting corn by August, but it's certainly possible that Kansas has colder winters and later springs than central IL. Maybe later August or early September might be a good bet? (Where is Jeff Brogden when you need him?? <g>)

But I know when we grow corn in our garden (in our backyard) we are well harvested by the end of summer. And remember, sweet corn gets harvested before field corn, which goes into fall.

Plus it was definitely summer in GGGoH and I think Kansas would be colder than that by October or November. But this is L&C, where Metropolis only gets one day a year of snow (on Christmas <g>) so that can't really be too much of a factor. wink

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, we have a farm near us (in NJ) that grows corn. they have a corn maze for halloween, (they harvest out a path and then gather the rest later), so an october/november corn harvest sounds right to me. i guess it depends on planting time and local climate and such. i know sometimes you can have more than one harvest a year, depending on the crops you grow.

anyway, as stated, the idea seemed to be a harvest festival, which would be most strongly associated with the fall.

if anyone who has the tape handy wants to look at what they're wearing, that might give us a clue.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darn, I'd forgotten that the timing of GGGOH is steeped in contraversy over harvests and how that darn festival just doesn't fit. <g> I remember the debates in the past. I think there was even a good solution mooted by someone or other that made it fit - but dashed if I can remember what it was. :shrug:

I think I'll play safe and make it 'a few months'. <G> Seems to cover it either way.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Regarding what they're wearing - as far as I recall without watching the tape, Clark is mostly in jeans and tshirt or light shirt, Lois wears the thin, summer dress she bought at the market for a lot of the episode. Neither of them wear jackets or coats at all as I remember it. The weather and general ambiance of the episode (aren't there trees in full leaf in the scenes at the festival? Not to mention during the scene where they are sneaking through the wood? I don't remember bare, leafless trees in those. Quite the opposite.) don't say November to me at all. More in keeping with Kathy's timing, in fact, I'd say.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard