Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, there has been a small amount of interest in my continuing the scenario I set up in my last little vignette. If this is truly the case, then I will consider writing more about Lois and the new world she will be forced to discover under one condition (Well actually two).

Since it's basically Wendy's fault that I posted this in the first place, I think it only fair that she be the one to 'pay the tax' as it were. But she will not be singled out here. Since she and her 'good buddy' Kaethel are the founding members of the horrible TSTPLFGADH (The Society To Prevent Lois From Getting A Decent Haircut, or something like that), I think it only fair that Kaethel be included in this little proposition.

Here's the deal. I'll unretire if...

Wendy and Kaethel each (not collectively) include a short haircut for Lois in one of their stories. I'm not talking about a couple of sentence throw away either. The haircut experience can either be a positive or a negative one, but it has to be a significant element in the plotline. We, the gentle reader, need to experience the action and the consequences. We need to share in Lois' thought processes before, during, and after.

It's not too much to ask... is it? wink

Tank the RETIRED (who figures he's pretty safe considering the aversion those two fabulous fic fashioners have to the preferred short-haired Lois)

Columnist
Columnist
Works for me, if it means that Tank will keep writing. So get yer shears out, ladies, or I'll get mine out smile

Melisma (giggling with glee and delight here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Wendy and Kaethel, if you don't take Tank up on this offer, we're going to hunt you down! wildguy wildguy wildguy

Hey, I have an idea! Why don't you make this a challenge, Tank? I'm sure lots of people would be willing to add a haircut to stories already in progress, or even write totally new ones about a haircut, if it'll get more stories out of you!

Bethy (who is analyzing hair cut memories for inspiration as she types...)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Top Banana
Top Banana
What is it with you Tank? You can't simply claim to be retired! You just can't! I've enjoyed all your fics so far, so yes, you should definately continue writing. And more of the Future series ain't that bad.

But this sounds like fun. Wendy and Kaethel writing is always good too, so I'll look forward to what they come up with. Even more: what will *they* say once they find this? <g>

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank!!!!!!!!!! How could you?! goofy

Kaethel smile (thinking about it shock )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um...sounds like an excellent idea, Tank, but given the amount of fic you've posted since retiring, does unretiring mean we'd actually get less? [Linked Image]

(Suspicious Rat who thinks this might be Tank's cunning plan to cut down on writing... )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! More fic all round, hopefully. Wait til I go get him... Ok, here he is, clap )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like the Challenge idea.

I'll see what I can do with mine WIPS...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
No problem!

<--- has an evil idea that would fit all of his requirements...but I'll email it to Wendy and Kaethel so it stays a secret.

-Breanna

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Um...sounds like an excellent idea, Tank, but given the amount of fic you've posted since retiring, does unretiring mean we'd actually get less?

(Suspicious Rat who thinks this might be Tank's cunning plan to cut down on writing... )
Ack! You might be right! We need a contract or something, this Tank is a slippery fellow.

In any case, the challenge sounds interesting, and I can't wait to see the stories that come out of this.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, against my better judgement (and a temptation to offer a counter proposal involving anti-tank weapons wink ), i posted one. you can find it here.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard