Next Thread
Print Thread
#13971 07/20/04 09:07 AM
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Awesome installment, Nan!

As per usual, I'm totally enjoying every word that you've written.

I'm really looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#13972 07/20/04 10:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#13973 07/20/04 01:08 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
She was simply going to have to prove to him that she was worthy of his trust.

Clark was strongly attracted to her. That part had been obvious for months but she had chosen to ignore the fact. The trouble was that she liked Clark. She liked him a lot more than was safe for her peace of mind. Superman, on the other hand, was obviously well beyond the reach of a mere mortal woman. It had seemed safe to love him ... only now that was manifestly not true. Her hero was a man like other men in all the important ways. Oh, he still had all the wonderful powers and the ethical code that she admired, but now she knew that he had the flaws as well -- and worse, that he was strongly attracted to her. There were times when she suspected that there was a lot more to it even than that. In any case, he was no longer out of reach. Maybe, she thought, that was why she had refused to see the obvious until her nose was forcibly rubbed in it. If she had admitted to herself that the coworker who was her best friend was also the hero that she dreamed of, she might have had to make choices that she would rather avoid. A mortal man made mistakes. A mortal man could hurt you terribly if you gave him your heart.
thumbsup Great introspection!

He reminded her suddenly of a puppy that wasn't quite sure if it was going to receive a pat on the head or a kick.
clap I love Lois' introspection and how she feels it dangerous now to fall for Superman because he *is* attainable. Her apology is sweet, I just wonder what Clark was thinking at the time. Must have shocked the heck out of him and warmed his heart at the same time. smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
๐Ÿ†2024 Kerth Award Posts ๐Ÿ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#13974 07/20/04 03:40 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
If she had admitted to herself that the coworker who was her best friend was also the hero that she dreamed of, she might have had to make choices that she would rather avoid.
You got Lois in a nutshell in this paragraph Nan..wonderful!

Great part..I am loving the rewrite of this episode, esp. that Lois is in on the secret (even though only she knows it!) I may need to go off and rewatch this ep just for fun.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iโ€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iโ€™m trying to be nice.
#13975 07/20/04 07:13 PM
Kerth
Kerth
moooooore!!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#13976 07/20/04 08:34 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This continues to be a great twist of the "Vatman" episode.

I'm looking forward to how Lois finally lets Clark know that she has him pegged! <g>

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#13977 07/21/04 02:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what they said! laugh I'm loving every word of this.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#13978 07/21/04 03:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, so true to the original, yet with a twist.

How Lois never figured out C=S when Clark stopped the Clone in the series...

Someone needs to have her wallbash herself in the head over that one in another fic!

James

โ€œโ€ฆwith God everything is possible.โ€ Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#13979 07/21/04 03:20 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm pretty naive in the matters of power plays, but I've always wondered about the scrawny leader (if you could call Luthor that) vs the brawny hired muscle (the clone Superman).

This clone Superman is supposed mentally like a teenager, right? Teenagers rebel against their parents at this stage, do they not? Why hasn't the clone decided that he could "go on his own", and just not listen to Luthor anymore? What will Luthor do when his "child" turns against him? Kryptonite?

--meclone2--

#13980 07/21/04 04:37 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Just coming out of my cocoon for a moment to tell you how much I'm enjoying this new twist on Vatman.

Lois is so much more interesting in this version, especially in this installment where she's letting Clark know that she knows what a nasty person she was to him.

Clueless Clark just accepts her apology because, besotted lunkhead that he is. doesn't know any better.

Carry on, Nan. I'm really enjoying this.

gerry

#13981 07/21/04 11:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto everyone, Nan! Just loving it!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#13982 07/21/04 10:24 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

#13983 07/22/04 01:12 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan,

I have not been posting fdk as diligently as I should be, but I want you to know I LOVE THIS STORY! (as I love everything you write!)

Maria wrote:
When you said "the other Superman also rose..." For a moment I was confuse.
Was Clark and the clone or were the two superman?
I have to admit I was confused for a second, too. By saying 'the other Superman also rose', I thought you meant Clark was dressed as Superman. Then, I wondered why he wasn't surprised that Lois had called him "Clark". I had to visualize the actual show and then I remembered that Clark had shown up as Clark, not as Superman.

Perhaps it would be less confusing to use quotes, as in, "Superman" also rose or use some other words such as the imposter also rose or something like that.

Other than this split-second of confusion, the entire section was awesome! Nice job.

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard