Print Thread
#139667 04/26/03 08:00 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
While I was posting to one of the favourites threads I remembered a really hilarious story I'd read. Unfortunately I can't remember the author or title (but you knew that, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this here, right?)

Sure someone will recognise it though. smile

All I can remember is that Lois and Clark were at some charity function (married) and Clark was drunk and embarrassing the heck out of Lois by insisting on telling everyone in sight that he loved her.

And I think it might have had something to do with Bernie's prococious nephew who was some kind of science whizz and had invented something that had a bad effect on Clark.

help

Thanks!

Oh, and it's not the RR (3 Capes to the Wind?), which is also hilarious, but not the story I'm thinking of.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#139668 04/26/03 08:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I believe you may be looking for "48 Hours Without a Superman" by Kathryn Ann Kent smile

Here's an excerpt:

Mom teases Dad all the time about what happened at the party that night; she always says that since *she* rescued him, he can't tease her any more about all the times he's rescued *her*. And then Daddy says that rescuing someone from social embarrassment isn't exactly the same thing as pulling someone out of a vat of wet cement, and that she was a little late rescuing him anyway and she really *must* polish up her breaking and entering skills. And then Mom starts batting her eyes at him and says in a baby voice, "Cla-rk, do you really think I'm pretty?" and "Clar-rk, I didn't know you felt that way," and Daddy says "Cut it out, Lois," but he's laughing, and then she's laughing, and then he picks her up and hugs her and then they start kissing. They kiss a lot.
PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#139669 04/26/03 09:09 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, that's it! Thanks, Pam! jump

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#139670 04/28/03 11:34 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This sounds like an interesting story.
The problem is that I can't find it anywhere.
Can someone tell me exactly where it is?
Thanks.
Anna_B.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#139671 04/28/03 11:44 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's on the Fanfic Archive, Anna. Which is here . (Just in case you find something else you might want to read there too. We have a...few...other stories kicking around there. wink )

Or, more specifically, here on this page.

Enjoy! It really is hilarious. And if you like it, check out The Revenge of Ultrawoman, by Ultrawoman Lane (on the Archive too). Think you might find that fun also. smile1

The Musketeers
#139672 04/28/03 11:51 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Thanks for the help with the story, and for your recommendation. I love all fanfics, but when they include a good sense of humour I love them even more!
I'm going straight to read them.
Anna_B.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#139673 04/28/03 03:13 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Love this story, Lab. Thanks for reminding of it. I could use a pick-me-up! smile1

#139674 04/28/03 04:50 PM
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Ooh, Labby and Pam, thanks for the reminder! I remember laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair while reading this one (okay, so my chair was already precarious on two legs... <g>).

<happy sigh> I love being reminded of old stories I loved and then somehow managed to forget about.

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard