Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Coming down from my lurking place in the clouds to respond.

First, the deathfic mentioned in an earlier post may be "Angel of the Morning" by Jennifer Bullock, probably the only deathfic I've read - mostly because I didn't know it was a deathfic. Warnings weren't posted back then.

The first fanfic I read didn't actually have a title and might not even qualify as a fanfic, but it's what got me interested. It was way back when WB had a chatboard for L&C on AOL. Someone posted a brief vignette then others followed. Then someone else posted the address for Rhen Brink's FTP site. I started downloading those stories--there weren't very many then--and reading them in order. The first one may have been 12:01 by Zoomway (the only name I recognize that still seems to be around).

It has been interesting to see over the years how the writing has changed as old-timers disappeared and new writers took their place. Early stories were more often episode extensions, episode rewrites, or the author's ideas of what might happen based on teasers. They also tended to be shorter. Several people have mentioned MMIKC as their first, but Chris Mulder's earlier stories, "Dimensions of Loving" and "Love Beyond All Measure" I think were the first long fics I read and I much prefer the longer ones.

I've looked at fanfic from other shows, but I've never found one that I felt compared to LnC in quality. I think all the authors of LnC fanfic should be applauded for their creativity, obvious love for what they are doing, and the sheer guts it takes to put something you've created out for the world to see. Thanks to all of you for many hours of enjoyment.

D
Blogger
Blogger
D
The first fanfic I read (in L&C fandom) was Wendy's "The devil's bargain", on fanfiction.net. And since we all know the quality of her fics, I instantly read her other fics, then I discovered Archive, Zoomway's boards and other (equally good) authors and now I'm a full time addict.

Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again!
Columnist
Columnist
peep

Welcome to Blueyonder and Dana, who, it appears, used this thread to delurk. Don't lurk anymore, you guys, come out and let us get to know you! (We don't bite, you know...)

Melisma (who does lurk occasionally under her Rock, but if you check her post count, you will find that she's perhaps TOO vocal smile )

peep

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Melisma (who does lurk occasionally under her Rock, but if you check her post count, you will find that she's perhaps TOO vocal)
Oh, is that what the hiding gremlin is about? <g> C'mon, Mel, you've known us for years, don't you think it's safe to leave the rock behind? wink You're making the newbies worry! eek

And yes, welcome to the boards, Dana smile I hope you'll have a lot of fun here!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
peep

Oh, you mean this gremlin, Pam? Yeah, I use it to mean I poke my nose out from under my Rock to say something, then pull it back under once I've said my piece. Now, if I'm doing that all day, doesn't necessarily mean I'm scared of you, right? Except when certain moderators write me privately to chastise me for something I'm doing that I prolly shouldn't be. Then I get scared. Really scared. But other than that, you are all pussy cats.

The Rock, nah, I'm not giving it up. It's where I live - see my sig smile

Melisma (pulling her nose back under her Rock, having sent cyberhugs to all her FoLC buddies)

peep

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard