Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I meant to ask earlier, did you put your finished fic on the Archive? And Moments... did it go too?

And WiP's should definately get posted. *Especially* if it means we can nag, er ask nicely, for you to finish them. laugh

Loriel (who would have checked the archive but is afraid she'll get sucked in!!)

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Columnist
Columnist
Yeah, it's up there - thought I mentioned that in the forward to MoI, but I've been out of it most of today, so I might have forgotten.

As to the other one - I got about 9 parts posted to Truth or Consequences and then hit a brick wall with it. Left it for so long that now I think I'm just going to have to rework the whole damned thing, or at least the last part or so. So once I have a working plan made up, at least, I'll start reposting it. I think that was part of my problem before - I was writing 30 minutes at a time, not really planning where the story was going, and then posting whatever I had written in that time. (It began life as a 30 minute challenge fic - those shorties were *fun*, and you should go read some of them...)

Anyway...

Melisma (crawling back under her Rock to do some more research, if she can smile )

smile1 hyper dance

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
(It began life as a 30 minute challenge fic - those shorties were *fun*, and you should go read some of them...)
And it's now 9 parts long?!! That's some 30 min challenge!

I read a whole stack of the 30 min challenges as they were posted to the list a while back. I was completely amazed at what people can do in 30 min, I mean it takes me that long to open Word and write the first sentance. And that's only after I've thought over my idea for the past 3 months. I was totally in awe when soemone posted a challenge and almost 30 min later there were stories coming in! (Well, maybe not 30 min, but I'm sure it was no more that 24 hrs! laugh )

Loriel (in awe of all fanfic writers!)

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Columnist
Columnist
Well in the case of Truth or Consequences, I'd had the first part of the story worked out, but I'd had no impetus to try to get it on paper (on the computer, whatever). So when the 30 minute challenges came along, I figured that I would write in 30 minute increments, but each one would be part of the story. And yes, it took me to 9 parts...

Melisma (grinning under her Rock)

smile1

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's been so long ago...

It would be a toss up between Debby Stark's and Margaret Brignell's Swap Meet(s) and Chief Pam's wonderful President Kent series.

I am a HUGE fan of Alt's, What If's, Time Travel, and the like, if you have any doubts, just read some of my stories....

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Merriwether
Merriwether
Another fan of "alomst anything SF&F" here.

And (on topic), I realized something last night. I actually read one bit of what might loosely be called L&C fanfic way back in the 80s. It was the first thing I ever read re Superman that didn't make me cringe.

It was the infamous Niven essay.

You mean that's not fanfic?

/me ducks and runs

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
no, the niven essay isn't fic, but it has been the inspiration for a fic or two, including one of my own WIPs (which may well never see the light of the boards).

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You know, I thought about this and realized I had absolutely no idea what the first fic I'd read was...I think I've read just about everything on the archive at some point in time. This stirred my curiosity, so I had to go try to figure it out...

I was pretty sure that I'd found the Archive during the first couple months that I was working in my research job back in college - so summer of 1999. That was the first time I really decided to start looking for Lois and Clark related stuff on the internet. For some reason it had never occured to me that there might more L&C nuts out there, and that I should go look for them...

So, summer of 1999...and I was pretty sure I would have just started checking with the new posts around that time, so I checked the date and looked at the stories that were uploaded around that time. And it hit me - Fear of Discovery - uploaded July 25, 1999!!! I'm pretty sure that was it! So I can blame Yvonne for the last 4 years of my life? <g> (Just kidding, Yvonne, you'll never know how glad I am that I found the Archives and everything else in FoLCdom - so THANK YOU!) goofy

P.S. Totally cool topic, Kathy!!! I haven't even thought about this in years, now I need to go back and re-read FoD!!! Yay!!!

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hmm... in comparison to the most of you, I'm just a newbie here... I've been a member of the FoLCs community just for 4 months.
However, I've been a Fan of Lois & Clark for much longer.
The first fanfic I ever read was "Before and After Clark Kent" by Raquel Guimaraes. Raquel was the one who found me, became a friend of mine, told me everything about the fanfic stuff and, by the way, told me she had written something. So I went straight to read it.
And that made me love fanfics.
Thanks Raquel!

I would also like to congratulate Kathy, for reminding us such perfect times... the first time we met the other FoLCs, the first time we read a fanfic, the first time we decided to post a reply, the first time we deicded to write our own fanfiction... all these first times are closely connected one to another, and they guide us to many beautiful memories.
Thanks Kathy!

Anna_B.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I would also like to congratulate Kathy, for reminding us such perfect times... the first time we met the other FoLCs, the first time we read a fanfic, the first time we decided to post a reply, the first time we deicded to write our own fanfiction... all these first times are closely connected one to another, and they guide us to many beautiful memories.
Thanks Kathy!
Anna, what a sweet sentiment. thumbsup And one I heartily agree with! jump

Nothing like a bout of nostalgia to increase the waff factor. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a fun topic!

Since it was some time in... oh, '98 or so, I don't remember my first fic. It was probably Dawning, stumbled on by accident, read on Debby's ftp site. Which directed me to Margaret's website. Which had a link the archive, which was an ftp site at the time too. And then the fic list, which I mistakenly assumed was for sneak peaks at upcoming archived fics. I joined just as a massive OT thread began about street names, and nearly unsubscribed. Good thing I stuck around, huh? laugh

Sigh. Happy memories. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Kerth
Kerth
Hummm, I think my first was Back to the Future, from S5. I was looking for any fic that followed Family Hour. And I stumbled with the Archive.

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting thread! My first fic...er...it was "Conscience Loops" and it rests in the archives. You can find it here , but I hardly suggest you forget about this URL, you'll be deceived, really!

Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
The first thing I read was a story where Lois was pregnant but she was advised to stop tyhe pregnancy. She chose not to because she wanted to have CK's baby and at the end she has a baby (or was it two? I can't remember.) but dies. ANyone know the story I'm talking about? Because I can't remember...

Cris

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The Unaired 5th Season was the very first fanfic that I discovered. I remember reading into the early morning hours eventually printing out every episode. I was hooked! goofy

When I eventually discovered the archive a couple of months later I was ecstatic. hyper

Tricia cool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oops!

Now I realise my single neurone wasn't connectec when I posted my reply blush ...ok, the fist fic I discovered was "Star player, star reporter" by Stopquitdon't. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The first thing I read was a story where Lois was pregnant but she was advised to stop tyhe pregnancy. She chose not to because she wanted to have CK's baby and at the end she has a baby (or was it two? I can't remember.) but dies. ANyone know the story I'm talking about? Because I can't remember...
I haven't read it, but I think it was on the ballot in the very first Kerths... Try checking this one: Nine Months of Life or Death by Lily
or maybe it was When You Needed Me Most, by Erin Klingler...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, she didn't die in Erin's story, Pam. I'm wondering if it's a story I GEd, called I Will Always Love You, by Juliana Nozue (if I have the name correct).

Wendy smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm, maybe... I've not ever read any of them <g> so all I have to go on is hazy memories of *hearing* about the story... someone must have loved (or disliked) it, to talk so much that I'd remember it years later <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
I'd decided to keep my post short, but since most people are giving detailed explanations, I thought I'd give mine.

Btw, thanks Pam and Wendy for trying to put a name to that first story. I really can't remember and the truth is I really didn't like it. Not because it wasn't well written, which I believe it was or I wouldn't have made it all the way through (I seem to recall it being long, but I hadn't read any, so long might not be that long after all...) but because it made me really sad...

Anyway, I'd never had access to the net until the summer before my last high school year. I expent a month in Charlotte (NC) on an exchange and the first thing I searched for when my American 'family' explained to me how internet worked was, oh surprise, L&C. A penfriend had given me a link to what she saiud was a fifth season written by fans, but I never found it and stumbled on the mentioned fic instead. Back home I didn't get access at home until a few months later (April 2001, I believe) and again searched for L&C. Finally, I found TUFS and became inmensely hooked! I read most of the eps but never finished (though I've finally gotten back to the three or four I had left) becuase I found the archive and later, as I decided to post my first fic, the MBs (Thanks Tricia, btw, for telling me about them)

I've read a lot ever since and hope to continue for as long as I can (which ahd better be very long, lol)

Cris

Cris
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard