Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#139489 05/06/03 07:32 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I couldn't possibly give a list of my favourites, partly because I have trouble remembering the names (reading the archive all the way through repeatedly will do that to you!), but mostly because there are soooo many laugh .

As far as general catagories go though, my favourites are the elseworld stories (ie the characters in totally different situations), and pretty much any WAFFY relationship stories, although I do favour L&C being married - people seem to make the dialogue sparkle in those and there is often a lot of humour smile {oh yeah - I'm only keen on revelations when Lois isn't mad for too long!!!}

Hopeless chocoholic (and fanfic-oholic!!!)

#139490 05/09/03 02:45 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really like WAFFy relationship stories... I'm kind of new to this whole fanfic thing, and no particular titles are popping into my head right now!

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
#139491 05/09/03 03:13 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Blayne, congrats on your first post! smile And if you ever want recommendations for any type of fic, just ask us wink You'll get more stories than you can read in a week -- just ask Rivka goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#139492 05/09/03 09:40 PM
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Hey everyone

Well that a difficult subject, let's see. My favaorite stories are :
- cause and effect by ML
- Near wild heaven ( only if the sequel is coming soon... and yes I'm nagging !!! smile1 ) by keathel
- When friends become lovers and the sequel
- faux pas
- star palyer, star reporter by SQD
- Raconteur's Lifeflight
And many more...
So I really like relationship stories, like are they going to be together (of course they are, but how ???) ?, alternate beginnings...All that kind if stuff is really good so big thanks to all the writers thumbsup

Hope this hepls.
Bye, Lucie

#139493 05/10/03 06:53 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ChiefPam:
<strong> You'll get more stories than you can read in a week -- just ask Rivka help

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#139494 05/10/03 07:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by rivka:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ChiefPam:
<strong> You'll get more stories than you can read in a week -- just ask Rivka help
Hehe. I went in alphabetical order by Title. Ah, grasshopper, one day you too will look back and wonder how you managed to conquer the Archive.

/me bows peacefully

Jen
(who really doesn't watch Kung Fu)

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#139495 05/10/03 07:53 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Conquer the Archive! Hah! I'm just trying to conquer the recommended list I have! :rolleyes:

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#139496 05/10/03 08:14 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Ha! I'm just trying to get through the fic I've got saved onto the hard drive of my laptop - the stupid external floppy is on the fritz so I can't even add all the stuff that's come out since I came to Korea. *That* is all sitting in a private little folder in My Documents on the computer in the teachers' lounge, waiting for me to figure out a way to transfer it to my own computer - and I'm no closer to doing that than when I got here. If you have any ideas, or are interested in helping me figure out the problem, I'd love to hear from you privately...

Melisma (enjoying the lists of fic she's seeing, here under her Rock, even though she may never have enough time in a day to read many of them...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#139497 05/10/03 08:57 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I finally find some time (time?? what's that??) to answer this thread! First and foremost, thank you to the people who mentioned some of my fanfics. blush Re.NWH II, Wendy and Lucie, it is... /me scurries off to fanfic folder and specific WORD file ...now open on my desktop. laugh I would love to finish it over the summer, but that means working on it steadily, and getting a few kicks in the tushie from you guys to keep the motivation going. wink

Pam asked about favourite type of fanfic. Well, let's be predictable again. laugh Pre-revelation get-together tearjerky romance, when full of emotional scenes and a good mixture of introspection and dialogue, is what can make me drop anything to go read it. I particularly love stories set in S1, especially if they deal with the Lois/Clark/Superman/Lex love quatuor. I think my fascination with this part of the show is due to the openness to interpretation. I love it when an author makes me see a character under a new angle, while still staying completely *in* character. And the S1 finale is particularly interesting in that sense imo. Of course, it might also just be because I'm obsessed. laugh

As for my favourite fanfics... whoa... um, off the top of my head:

• Are You Lonesome, Tonight...?, Burnout, Sugar and Spice, Caped Fear and Masques, by LabRat
  • Without Consent (yes, I know, it's nfic only, but it made me cry buckets and it's too good to be left off this list), For The Greater Good, The Penfriend, It Happened One (Super) Night, Second Thoughts, Faux Pas, Carbon Copy, The Healing Time and A Conscious Choice, by Wendy Richards
  • Fear of Discovery III: Coming Home and Purity, by Yvonne Connell
  • Learning Curves and Extraordinary Man, by Chris Carr
  • When Friends Become Lovers, by Kathy Brown and Demi
  • Disquiet Nights (Like Dreamers Do), by Shawn V.
  • A Love Well Worth the Wait, by Tracey
  • Meet Me in Kansas City, by Chris Mulder
  • Heaven's Prisoners, by Demi
  • Power to Forgive, by Sharon Gilbert
  • All Stirred Up and Night Errant, by Meredith Knight
  • In Dreams, by Kaylle
  • Hark, by Angela Kay Walthall
  • Anybody's Baby, by AnnieM
  • Tryst, by Pam Jernigan
  • Connections, by Carol Malo
  • Day Follows Nightfall, by Tank Wilson
  • In Cat's Corner, by Irene Dutch
  • Strangers I, II and III, by Missy Gallant (haven't caught up with the next sections yet)
  • Lost and Found, by Jeff Brodgen

That's for long stories. Now, shorter ones that come to mind include:

• Shadows of the Mind, Yesterday's News, Dance With Me, The Return to Clark's Apartment, Proven With a Kiss, That Shocking First Kiss and The Only One, by Tracey
  • Feels Like Falling in Love, by Tracey and Wendy Richards
  • Don't Say You Love Me, Only When I Sleep, Feels Like You're Mine, Home For Christmas, Like a Brother, My Friend, Shattered Illusions, Happy New Tears, Breaking Up Is Hard to Do and Escape From the Prankster, by Wendy Richards
  • Cry Hard by Katie Sizer
  • It's the Thought That Counts and The Art of Being Clark by Missy Gallant
  • A Spinning Revelation and Can I Kiss the Monkey? by Sarah Luddy
  • Learning Curves II: Love, Loyalty and Luthor, by Chris Carr
  • Closet Encounter and Courage Under Fire, by Meredith Knight
  • Like Putting on a Pair of Glasses, by LCRich
  • Standing at the Edge, All Alone, Playing the Part and By Firelight, by AnnieM
  • All or Nothing by Kaylle

Okay, I've spent the past 10 minutes repeatedly editing this post to add more favourites as they occur to me, so I'm forcing myself to stop here even though I'm sure I forgot several. Really. laugh

Kaethel smile

ps: I realise I haven't really answered Pam's second question since I got sort of (sort of!!) carried away with that list of favourites. Sorry! blush But all the stories mentioned above are fanfics I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend anyway.

K. (who needs to stop editing this post!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#139498 05/11/03 04:56 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
AAAAHHHHH! Kae, you just almost doubled my list!!!
help

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#139499 05/11/03 10:05 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I usually like S1 stories, like In Cat's Corner and Faux Pas.

But I'm a fan of Next Gen fic, the Home Series and the Storm? confused series. I like a lot too Divinity's End, an alternate developement of Faux Pas. (Not the only possible one.)

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#139500 05/12/03 08:18 PM
Kerth
Kerth
and shh! if people remember I used to write there's the danger that they'll want me to do it *again*!
No way, how could I forget Tryst and H is for Hubris? huh Bad boy, Jose, bad boy.

Ah, Pam teh end of the story makes me think, how much time will resist Clark in hiding his secret to Lois in HifH?

Jose peep (hiding from ChiefPams wrath.)

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#139501 05/14/03 03:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good A plots punctuated with waffy-smoochies stuffs and...can't remember what the second question was frown

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard