I hope this Story is meant for this page since the letter Wendy sent me, explaining what 'original fiction' is, still makes no sense to me. This story is untitle but I'm entitling it for now.
-----------------
Car Friday, January 30, 2004

Author's Note: All of the characters in this story are original. Please don’t borrow them without permission.

It was a dark evening Gem was sleeping over at her friend Allan's Home for the week because her parents were out of town on vacation. Her dad was a detective & didn't usually have the time alone with her mom. When Gem found out that his dad had one week off of work she insisted her parents take the week off together without her. Gem was now sitting beside Allan with his grandpa in between tm, telling tm stories frm a story book that had been in his family for a long time.

Joe, Allan’s grandfather was now downstairs watching a show when Allan’s dad came home. Joe got up off of his chair to head home. “Dad, it’s late. You should stay for the night.”

“No son, I have some important things to take care of.”

But once at home Joe sat down at his seat with a sad look on his face; A deep dark secret within him that he had never admitted to anyone. He took out two keys and put it in an envelope that was marked private. He hides the set of keys hoping that no one would find the keys and find out what both keys were for.

*-*-*-*-*-*-
Fifteen years later, Allan was now 30 years old and Glen was attending college at the local university. Allan works at an auto shop. He had just been at the lawyers office this morning and he were notified that his grandfather had owned a factory. They had been handed over to him because of his grandfather’s death. He had gone over there only for a brief minute to see the place and found out that the factory was highly security-guarded. He right away knew that his grandpa had a secret to hide, why else would this place be so highly guarded with so many high tech gadgets and where did him have the money to pay for all of this machinery. But he was busy now with many recent cars to fix. So, he had asked Gem if she could go to the factory and bypass the security system and find out what his grandpa was hiding.

It took Gem an hour to bypass the security code and entered the gate with the keys she had with her. The security system was now shut down, Gem was entering the large garage building with the second set of keys and saw that it did not fit, so, she used the first set of keys again and found out that it had fitted. She entered the room and turned on the lights. Gem couldn’t believe her eyes. She had seen the photos of the cases of that her dad was working on as a child and recognized the car that was set in front of her. It was the getaway car of one of the robberies cases that her dad was working on. She knew that the case was now closed but she knew that Allan’s grandfather must’ve been the thief. She immediately searched her pocket to see if she had gloves with her. She did and began to put them on. She searches the glove compartment and found a remote control. She immediately called her dad to come over. Her dad came over within thirty minutes and searched for fingerprints. He even searched for fingerprints on the remote control.

Just before Gems dad was about to leave, he asked, “Do you need a ride to school.”

“No dad, I don’t need a ride to school but I need a ride home. Allan had to head for work so he dropped me off here.” While Gem was talking to his dad without looking at him, she had pressed a button on the remote to see what it was for and Gem looked up to see that her dad’s mouth had dropped open. She Looked to see where the car was and couldn’t find the getaway car. “Where’s the car?”

When Gem’s dad, Jude, finally had gotten over his shock, He went over to see the man lying on his hands and knees. He waved his hands in front of the man’s face and noticed that he was completely zoned out. Gem however noticed that the remote had changed form also.

“Gem. This guy looks exactly like the description of the second thief.”

“What are you saying?”

“Hand me the remote.”

Gem obeys. His dad speaks into the microphone, “Stand up.” The man did as told. Jude immediately knew why some of the witness reports said that the second thief had seemed like a zombie. He immediately thought of the children’s book he had skim through when he was at Allan’s house at one time. The story about an evil man who was cursed by a good angel who had changed him into a monster, He knew the stories were an old one in Allan’s family so people in those days didn’t know what a car was, heck, it has not even been invented yet, so it must have seemed to those people at the time to be like a monster to them. Jude fiddles with the remote and found out which button will let the person out of the trance.